You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Baylor
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I i
I interviewed Sept 16, 2019 and have not heard since. MCAT 516 and 4.00 gpa. Prematched to 5 schools.Hey guys!congrats to all of you who were accepted today! Just wondering, I interviewed the second week of January. Should I be worried if I havent heard back from them???
Hey guys!congrats to all of you who were accepted today! Just wondering, I interviewed the second week of January. Should I be worried if I havent heard back from them???
I wouldn’t put much weight into the date of your interview. I interviewed in September but other individuals accepted today seem to have interviewed in February and January.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SlipperyWhenWet
Se~se~se~
You already have 5 acceptances including UTSW...be patient dude. For some people, Baylor is their only interview.I i
I interviewed Sept 16, 2019 and have not heard since. MCAT 516 and 4.00 gpa. Prematched to 5 schools.
letsgetthisbread1997
Full Member
Congrats to everyone accepted today !
Has anyone received a scholarship or a financial aid package yet?

Has anyone received a scholarship or a financial aid package yet?
Has anyone who interviewed in the month of November received an acceptance from Baylor yet? I've looked all through this forum and haven't seen a single acceptance. It's almost as if Baylor lost the cardboard box filled with applicants who interviewed in this month, lol.
Even though we SDNers are the cool kids, we are just a fraction of Med school applicants 🙂Has anyone who interviewed in the month of November received an acceptance from Baylor yet? I've looked all through this forum and haven't seen a single acceptance. It's almost as if Baylor lost the cardboard box filled with applicants who interviewed in this month, lol.
I also got the call today!! I am over the moon 🙂 to those of you that interviewed early and were sitting in silence like I was, it’s not over so no need to stress!!!
Congratulations!I also got the call today!! I am over the moon 🙂 to those of you that interviewed early and were sitting in silence like I was, it’s not over so no need to stress!!!
FreeBird21
Full Member
I also received the acceptance today! Very excited.
For those that were accepted today, did any of y'all send a letter of intent? Thanks!
When can we expect all decisions to come out (A/WL/R)?
When can we expect all decisions to come out (A/WL/R)?
Dean of Admissions told us they’d be sending out an email in June/July that’ll say that they’ve successfully filled their class and that they wish the best for everyone they interviewed.
She also stated that they won’t be sending rejections or WLs for those interviewed, so the only form of communication post-interview that will come from Baylor will either be an acceptance, or that email notifying everyone that they’ve filled their class.
Dean of Admissions told us they’d be sending out an email in June/July that’ll say that they’ve successfully filled their class and that they wish the best for everyone they interviewed.
She also stated that they won’t be sending rejections or WLs for those interviewed, so the only form of communication post-interview that will come from Baylor will either be an acceptance, or that email notifying everyone that they’ve filled their class.
quoting myself from other posts in this thread:
"In the past Baylor has let the interviewed (but not admitted) folks ride along till the end of the season and then eventually announce that their class is complete."
and
"They are predictable and systematic."
I love it when I'm right, y'all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FiendingOnMedSchool
Full Member
Any word on if Baylor is considering cancelling second look/making it virtual? I know other programs have started to do so because of the coronavirus.
Does anyone know if we need to send official transcripts to Baylor prior to matriculation? I graduated well before applying so AMCAS has all of my final transcripts, which means I won’t be supplying Baylor with any new information.
Any word on if Baylor is considering cancelling second look/making it virtual? I know other programs have started to do so because of the coronavirus.
On the call they said they are evaluating it and will let us know. I suspect they will make it virtual or cancel considering Rice has cancelled classes etc...
Yes you still need to send your final transcripts to the school you will attend. AMCAS, unlike TMDSAS, does not ask for transcript updates each semester during the application year.Does anyone know if we need to send official transcripts to Baylor prior to matriculation? I graduated well before applying so AMCAS has all of my final transcripts, which means I won’t be supplying Baylor with any new information.
So five reported calls for SDN Acceptances yesterday.
I feel like we are getting near the end.
Last year’s SDN thread reported 6 A’s Mar 25/26, and then 5 A’s April 11, followed by three more Pre WL A’s April 22. I suspect the A’s from yesterday and today were equivalent to last March’s round.
I feel like we are getting near the end.
Last year’s SDN thread reported 6 A’s Mar 25/26, and then 5 A’s April 11, followed by three more Pre WL A’s April 22. I suspect the A’s from yesterday and today were equivalent to last March’s round.
Did anyone send an update letter after the interview? I know on the website it says no post-interview updates, but at my interview date in Nov. one of the deans said they would only accept "significant updates" such as a publication. I'm considering sending a pub update but curious if anyone knows if there's a clear answer to this?
brownPiano
Full Member
Did anyone send an update letter after the interview? I know on the website it says no post-interview updates, but at my interview date in Nov. one of the deans said they would only accept "significant updates" such as a publication. I'm considering sending a pub update but curious if anyone knows if there's a clear answer to this?
Just send it asap. If they don't accept then they don't accept, if they do, then you didn't waste time trying to figure it out.
If you dont mind sharing, when did you interview? Thanks!I also received the acceptance today! Very excited.
Second Look has been canceled. They just sent out an email notification 🙁
Yeah I saw that. I feel like they should do something for people who are local though.Second Look has been canceled. They just sent out an email notification 🙁
Yeah I saw that. I feel like they should do something for people who are local though.
Agreed
FreeBird21
Full Member
Is there a groupme or facebook page to connect with admitted students? Need to figure out housing situation.
diasterdream
Full Member
Have people gotten their financial aid packages yet,?
Baylor's class of 2024 page has been updated with new information as of 3/17, in case anyone hasn't recently checked it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Awfully quiet from the admissions office since early/mid March 🙁
brownPiano
Full Member
Awfully quiet from the admissions office since early/mid March 🙁
All quiet on the southern front
Usually the schools are swamped with Residency Match things for their MS4s during March and early April. It's normal to have a lull in the action at this time. Later in April we'll see action.Awfully quiet from the admissions office since early/mid March 🙁
Just got an email giving me a full tuition + fees merit scholarship!! So in shock 🙂 I assume financial aid things will be happening soon!
Congrats! I was looking through your post history. You’ve received lots of offers, so the bigger surprise is how long they’ve taken. Not sure it means much for others.Just got an email giving me a full tuition + fees merit scholarship!! So in shock 🙂 I assume financial aid things will be happening soon!
are there people who have heard nothing still? absolute silence over here. no A, no R, no WL
Reformedforchrist
Full Member
Right here!! Interviewed mid Januaryare there people who have heard nothing still? absolute silence over here. no A, no R, no WL
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
Yeah. Interviewed in August lmaoare there people who have heard nothing still? absolute silence over here. no A, no R, no WL
Nothing here since interview on 9/16/2019. 6 prematches with TMDSAS. One match. 4.00 gpa UT Austin. Must decide by 4/30; not much time left. Feeling dissed. Will wait until 4/22.are there people who have heard nothing still? absolute silence over here. no A, no R, no WL
Withdrawing my A - hope it opens up a spot and brings good news to someone soon!
I'll give you 2 packs of toilet paper and some hand sanitizer for your spot 
iSick
Full Member
Withdrawing my A - hope it opens up a spot and brings good news to someone soon!
3 packs of toilet paper and 24 N95 masksI'll give you 2 packs of toilet paper and some hand sanitizer for your spot![]()
Any news on next wave of acceptances? Only 24 days before those with more than 1 acceptance must choose. Am I correct?
Last year they sent out acceptances the last week of April. I'm assuming it will be around the same time this year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Baylor also sent out acceptances the last week of March and April 10 last year. It is possible that acceptances will come soon, but it is also possible that Baylor's adcom (probably mostly doctors) are busy with the current pandemic. It's stressful, but either way we will find out sooner or later.Last year they sent out acceptances the last week of April. I'm assuming it will be around the same time this year.
letsgetthisbread1997
Full Member
RT cause Baylor is where I want to go lolDoes Baylor consider matching merit aid offers from other schools?
Yo we interviewed and got accepted the same day. And are waitlisted at least one of the same schools.RT cause Baylor is where I want to go lol
I’m still waiting on Baylor to offer some funding
At first it feels like we’re grinding too much for asking this. But then you think about the hundreds of thousands of dollar of potential debt. ffs. Funny how being reasonable almost seems crazy.Does Baylor consider matching merit aid offers from other schools?