2019-2020 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone else unable to log into the CMU portal? It appears they updated their site for the new application cycle so I believe that may be the cause.

Members don't see this ad.

is anyone else unable to log into the CMU portal? It appears they updated their site for the new application cycle so I believe that may be the cause.
I'm having the same issue

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! What do you mean?
I applied this cycle and have always been able to access the application portal with username/password. As of today it looks like the application portal is visually different. Additionally, my login credentials aren't working. I think it is due to the application portal change and the upcoming cycle.

I applied this cycle and have always been able to access the application portal with username/password. As of today it looks like the application portal is visually different. Additionally, my login credentials aren't working. I think it is due to the application portal change and the upcoming cycle.

Oh! yes that's probably it. Occured with other schools too :)

Has there been any WL movement since July 1st? Wondering if there will still be some movement or if I should just give up hope lol

I'm not sure if you got the last email about the LOI, but it said they would likely be considering people off the waitlist until mid-July.

I'm not sure if you got the last email about the LOI, but it said they would likely be considering people off the waitlist until mid-July.

Yup, I got that email! I know they said that, but I'm just wondering how much WL movement is actually going to happen now that the CTE deadline has passed. I know students can get moved off the waitlist in mid-July, but it's not that common

I know someone was just accepted off the waitlist on July 1st! There must still be movement!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they released if lecture will be in class or online? Labs?
We will be having a hybrid curriculum. Lectures will be recorded live and available to view through the online portal, with a possibility of attending in-person (limited seats given social distancing) and masks will be required whenever you are on campus. Our PBL/TBL sessions (problem-based, team-based) will be through video. The clinical skills assessments will still be in-person, they have been able to modify the system to allow it to still happen safely. Anatomy lectures are online but there will be office hours and lab times that you can spend in the lab, within social distancing guidelines.

Definitely a strange time to be a medical student, but we experienced this for the last two blocks of this past academic year and I didn't feel as though it was a huge deficit in the learning :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I have been accepted to CMED and I was just wondering if any current medical students can tell me more what they think about this school? Do you think you are getting a good education? Any other information is truly appreciated.

Hi! I have been accepted to CMED and I was just wondering if any current medical students can tell me more what they think about this school? Do you think you are getting a good education? Any other information is truly appreciated.
M1 here. Augh ppl are really nice (both faculties and students - M1/M2). You don't feel any competition on our campus.
Ppl are always there for you and willing to help you (prob bec. M1/M2 is not ranked).

I would say education was a bit compromised due to COVID. But we did our best to make the most out of it.
This is a great place if you want to focus on your studies (not much to do other than studying + pretty lonely place if you are not used to living in a rural region)

Reactions: 1 users
M1 here. Augh ppl are really nice (both faculties and students - M1/M2). You don't feel any competition on our campus.
Ppl are always there for you and willing to help you (prob bec. M1/M2 is not ranked).

I would say education was a bit compromised due to COVID. But we did our best to make the most out of it.
This is a great place if you want to focus on your studies (not much to do other than studying + pretty lonely place if you are not used to living in a rural region)
Thank you so much! I am trying to pick Central Michigan or a DO school in Illinois. What would you advice based on what you know so far?

Thank you so much! I am trying to pick Central Michigan or a DO school in Illinois. What would you advice based on what you know so far?
Take the md.