2019-2020 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it totally unheard of for a spot to open up during orientation?
Nope. I know someone who got in on the second day of classes a few years back

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
That makes me feel a bit better! I thought the cut off might be the first day of classes. The alternate list webpage (that came in the quartile ranking email) says waitlisters will get the final decision next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the acceptance call! I still can't believe it!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all so much! Scrambling to get my paperwork done but I am SO excited! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Goro and the other adcoms on SDN have said applications are not reviewed in the order that they’re received. They do a quick look and organize based on stats, URM, military, mission fit, ECs, etc.

It helps to submit early but doesn’t guarantee that your app will be reviewed or get an II before someone who submitted after you.
I don’t think most med schools start invites till late August or early sept at the earliest. For the next 3 months it going to be hurry up and wait

Finally got the R today lol thanks DMU I guess
Edit: 1st quartile, non HP

How long from complete till big R. I’ve seen some posts where literally 2 days after paying $100 and sending secondary big R is sent. I think schools should be honest with students up front

How long from complete till big R. I’ve seen some posts where literally 2 days after paying $100 and sending secondary big R is sent. I think schools should be honest with students up front
The recent posts on this thread are referring to students who are on the waitlist. Like the previous poster, I also received my letter today stating that they are no longer accepting students off the waitlist. I was second quartile - it's been a good run! If you want to see the turnaround time for students who did not receive IIs and were rejected outright you might want to check back on the earlier pages of this thread. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle. I will not be joining you as my MCAT is too old to apply to DMUCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it too late to submit my AACOMAS to this school? Or will I just end up getting an R at this point?