2019-2020 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dear friends, i was just accepted!!! there's ~40 students committed to FAU as of now, so definitely still a chance you will get off the waitlist.
thanks so much for this thread!!!!! hoping it works out for you all

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
dear friends, i was just accepted!!! there's ~40 students committed to FAU as of now, so definitely still a chance you will get off the waitlist.
Aamzing - congrats!!! do you mind sharing stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got the call from Monica earlier this week but I couldnt accept the offer. There should be a call coming someone’s way soon :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hi Everyone. I gave up my seat today, I really hope it goes to one of you lovely people. Good luck! Wish me luck at Nova!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Do you think FAU is still actively checking our updates? I submitted one recently but I am not sure whether it's worth emailing Monica about instead.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think FAU is still actively checking our updates? I submitted one recently but I am not sure whether it's worth emailing Monica about instead.
If FAU is your first choice, I would email her !!!

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely email her directly. I spoke with the financial aid person today and he said the class was “beginning to settle” whatever that means

Reactions: 1 users
any admitted students care to share some info on the school? probably going to go here but would like to know more general info :)

Members don't see this ad :)
overall experience/impression of the school. what you like/dislike
Sorry for the delay, it was finals week!
Okay so things I like:
1) Small class size - easy to make friends / get to know people
2) No mandatory lectures
3) Plenty of independent time to study / pursue interests / down time
4) They are open to feedback for syllabus, etc.
5) Great location
6) NBME style questions from the second semester onwards
7) great clinical skills and preceptorship

Things I dislike:
1) small class size lol - sometimes the rumor mill is wild but mostly I enjoy the company of my classmates
2) PBL can be tough to get used to because we have small 5 minute presentations to prepare 3 times a week - but it eventually becomes IQ with no formal presentations (still have to do research though). You will get used to this, and it will help you in the long run (I hope!)

Can't think of anything else I really dislike. If you have any particular questions, please let me know!! Hope this helped.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
GOT THE CALL AND I’M OFF THE WAITLIST!! Will definitely be committing to this school, I am so ecstatic.

I wish the best of luck to those who are still waiting and hope you hear back soon!
I have one quick question, can we send the LOI at this school besides online updates. And if yes is it the md admissions email. Thank you!!

I have one quick question, can we send the LOI at this school besides online updates. And if yes is it the md admissions email. Thank you!!
Yes you can! Did Monica give your group her email? Send it to that if she did, you can CC the md admissions email! If you didn’t, just sent to me admissions! Goodluck!

Yes you can! Did Monica give your group her email? Send it to that if she did, you can CC the md admissions email! If you didn’t, just sent to me admissions! Goodluck!
Thank you! I sent to both mdadmissions and Monica’s email. I hope it works out. Just a quick question, are you applicant or already a student. Once again thank you for responding

Thank you! I sent to both mdadmissions and Monica’s email. I hope it works out. Just a quick question, are you applicant or already a student. Once again thank you for responding
Student - M1

Currently on the alternate list for this class. Interviewed middle of February and sent a LOI last week of March. Any tips/other things I should be doing to try to get off the waitlist from students who were successful in doing so? FAU is my top choice!!! Thanks in advance!

Currently on the alternate list for this class. Interviewed middle of February and sent a LOI last week of March. Any tips/other things I should be doing to try to get off the waitlist from students who were successful in doing so? FAU is my top choice!!! Thanks in advance!
Send in letters of intent and update the portal. The key is to let them know that FAU is your first choice! Also, wouldn't hurt to let them know if you have any other acceptances and that FAU is still your first choice!

Send in letters of intent and update the portal. The key is to let them know that FAU is your first choice! Also, wouldn't hurt to let them know if you have any other acceptances and that FAU is still your first choice!
Okay! Do you think it would be okay to send in more than one letter of intent?