2019-2020 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
every time I get a notification here, my heart stops haha. nothing on my end. anyone reading this- if you've been accepted off the waitlist, please let us know!
Last year, some waitlisted applicants received an email around this time whether they still wanna stay on the waitlist or not. I'm wondering when will we receive such an email!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year, some waitlisted applicants received an email around this time whether they still wanna stay on the waitlist or not. I'm wondering when will we receive such an email!
It seems like there was quite a bit of movement when they got that email. Since there hasn’t been much movement (according to the forum), I wonder if it will be sent this year.

It seems like there was quite a bit of movement when they got that email. Since there hasn’t been much movement (according to the forum), I wonder if it will be sent this year.
I feel like there wasn’t a lot of movement on last year’s thread? Let’s just stay positive and patient. People get off waitlists in June too. But yes I’m hoping to receive that email so I can be like YESSS

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like there wasn’t a lot of movement on last year’s thread? Let’s just stay positive and patient. People get off waitlists in June too. But yes I’m hoping to receive that email so I can be like YESSS
I feel like it was more than this year! But maybe people are getting off the waitlist and are not posting here

I feel like it was more than this year! But maybe people are getting off the waitlist and are not posting here
Yeah I bet it’s a combo of people not posting + (hopefully) delayed movement due to covid. Speculating doesn’t do much. Let’s just stay hopeful for now. Let’s freak out in mid June haha.
*I do like that they asked us to start the scholarship app. I feel like they wouldn’t do that if they didn’t expect significant movement*

Yeah I bet it’s a combo of people not posting + (hopefully) delayed movement due to covid. Speculating doesn’t do much. Let’s just stay hopeful for now. Let’s freak out in mid June haha.
*I do like that they asked us to start the scholarship app. I feel like they wouldn’t do that if they didn’t expect significant movement*
I’m freaking out now cause I have another school who’s CTE is June 15th. FAU is my first choice, I really hope we see some more movement sooner rather than later!

I’m freaking out now cause I have another school who’s CTE is June 15th. FAU is my first choice, I really hope we see some more movement sooner rather than later!
Damn that’s an early CTE, good luck! No matter what, you’ll be starting med school in the fall though!!

been waitlisted since October.... I find it very discouraging that few people have been moved off the waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know FAU's CTE date?
I checked online in a reddit compilation and apparently last year’s CTE date for FAU was 6/1. Hopefully we will see some movement soon if that is the case. I just wonder if they have changed the date this year-it would be great if an accepted student could chime in on this!

• Dislike
Does anyone know FAU's CTE date?
According to MSAR, FAU's CTE date is July 2...from MSAR- "If choosing our medical school, please select 'commit to enroll' by July 2, 2021 (21 days prior to the start of classes)"

-this is for the next application cycle since it says 2021, but i'd imagine it'd be somewhat the same for this year

Did anyone else get a phone call from Monica asking if they were still interested in FAU?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
I did not-were you also on the waitlist?

Did anyone else get a phone call from Monica asking if they were still interested in FAU?
NO *cries*
Have you been sending interest emails though? I doubt she would call me cuz she KNOWS I'm interested and would commit immediately if given the opportunity hahah

• Haha
I mean was she offering you a seat? Was she asking if you were interested to know if you would accept a seat for fall?

NO *cries*
Have you been sending interest emails though? I doubt she would call me cuz she KNOWS I'm interested and would commit immediately if given the opportunity hahah

Yeah that might be it I haven’t sent anything but it sounded like they wanted an LOI or something. She asked if I would still attend if accepted elsewhere.

I mean was she offering you a seat? Was she asking if you were interested to know if you would accept a seat for fall?

Lol nah nothing that explicit but she did say that they were going to meet later today so like now I guess and that if I wanted to send any updates I should do so in the next few hours so I imagine we can hopefully expect some movement soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah that might be it I haven’t sent anything but it sounded like they wanted an LOI or something. She asked if I would still attend if accepted elsewhere.
Yeah Monica said at my interview day to send a letter of interest every month. Also, maybe you didn’t respond to one of the “do you want to remain on the waitlist” emails. Either way, at least they know you’re interested now!

Yeah Monica said at my interview day to send a letter of interest every month. Also, maybe you didn’t respond to one of the “do you want to remain on the waitlist” emails. Either way, at least they know you’re interested now!

I did respond but she never opened it or sent a confirmation back so who knows lol.

I did respond but she never opened it or sent a confirmation back so who knows lol.
Gotchya, I’m just glad she reached out in case there was any confusion. And hopefully that means they want to have you!

GOT THE CALL AND I’M OFF THE WAITLIST!! Will definitely be committing to this school, I am so ecstatic.

I wish the best of luck to those who are still waiting and hope you hear back soon!

Reactions: 4 users
GOT THE CALL AND I’M OFF THE WAITLIST!! Will definitely be committing to this school, I am so ecstatic.

I wish the best of luck to those who are still waiting and hope you hear back soon!

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

omg congrats!!! so happy for you

• Love

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!! Accepted!! Best of luck to everyone on here (and to those who never post like me lol)

Reactions: 3 users
Any accepted students know if classes will be postponed/online this fall??

Any accepted students know if classes will be postponed/online this fall??
Spoke with Monica and she said that they are not sure yet...

She said that if it does need to begin online they are fully prepared!

Got a call from Monica asking if I am still interested in FAU, but I withdrew. I just couldn't go with the OOS cost but it's an amazing school so I hope someone else gets a call :) !!

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call and email if still interested but I withdrew my WL spot; good luck everyone!

Got the call and email if still interested but I withdrew my WL spot; good luck everyone!
Did she ask if you were still interested in remaining on the alternate list, or if you'd be interested in attending if admitted?

Earlier today I got the same "Alternate List Consideration" email that she sent in mid March. Did anyone else get this??

Last edited:
Did she ask if you were still interested in remaining on the alternate list, or if you'd be interested in attending if admitted? earlier today I got the same "Alternate List Consideration" email that she sent in mid March. anyone else??

The latter; I responded to the email yes at the time I received it

Yay! It sounds like you’ve already picked someplace you love better. Happy for you!
Can i ask if you had sent any letters of interest/intent to FAU?

Yay! It sounds like you’ve already picked someplace you love better. Happy for you!
Can i ask if you had sent any letters of interest/intent to FAU?

Thank you!

I did not other than the WL interest response

Has any of the admitted students received an email about seat deposit, immunization, etc.?

Has any of the admitted students received an email about seat deposit, immunization, etc.?
Not yet... some of the deadlines are listed on their orientation website.

I still haven't received the official letter that will detail more of this information, but it should be arriving next week. I believe it is supposed to contain the login for the website that contains the forms we need to complete.

In regards to the deposit, Monica said that the deposit collection process is a little different this year. Hopefully we will be hearing more soon in June!

For the entering class scholarship essay, do we need to include all three components in the essay? Or just pick one of the three bullet points?

For the entering class scholarship essay, do we need to include all three components in the essay? Or just pick one of the three bullet points?
I wrote 3 different essays for those 3 bullet point and then chose another 2 or 3 topics. Make sure you attach all essays in one pdf.

I got off the waitlist on Friday! So exciting! Good luck to you guys, I don’t think the class is full yet!

Reactions: 3 users