2019-2020 Florida Atlantic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they are going to be delayed due to corona. I may email them if no one on here hears anything by Wednesday.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly do not get what’s taking so long

Reactions: 2 users
I honestly do not get what’s taking so long
I just want to know if waitlist movement started. Maybe it has and people aren’t posting on sdn. I suppose it’s best if it hasn’t started yet..

I just want to know if waitlist movement started. Maybe it has and people aren’t posting on sdn. I suppose it’s best if it hasn’t started yet..
Same I'm so curious whats going on. Has anyone been successful reaching admissions / getting any info about WL movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
“Thank you for your inquiry. Our goal is to keep to scheduled timeline as best as possible. The Sub-committee committee for Alternate list applicants will start reviewing applications for recommended acceptance offers this month.”

this was their response. Not exactly sure what to make of it.

Reactions: 1 user
“Thank you for your inquiry. Our goal is to keep to scheduled timeline as best as possible. The Sub-committee committee for Alternate list applicants will start reviewing applications for recommended acceptance offers this month.”

this was their response. Not exactly sure what to make of it.
This is confusing! I thought they already finished the reviewing process like a month ago or so

Reactions: 3 users
I have a friend that was accepted off the waitlist on Monday May 4.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Ok tbh very sad to hear that someone has gotten off the waitlist because that means movement is occurring and I wasn’t included. HOWEVER, let’s not be discouraged. It’s very early in May and they take a lot of people off the waitlist!!!! 55-60% of their class is composed of waitlisted students! Don’t forget that.

I also like how that email made it seem like they’re still in the process of selecting students to accept from the alternate list. Would’ve been worse if they were like “yes we started the process already and have accepted many students already”

Ok tbh very sad to hear that someone has gotten off the waitlist because that means movement is occurring and I wasn’t included. HOWEVER, let’s not be discouraged. It’s very early in May and they take a lot of people off the waitlist!!!! 55-60% of their class is composed of waitlisted students! Don’t forget that.

I also like how that email made it seem like they’re still in the process of selecting students to accept from the alternate list. Would’ve been worse if they were like “yes we started the process already and have accepted many students already”
True that. It is a little early to lose hope.

I wonder if other schools are facing this back up?
there's some waitlist movement at other schools, but in general people are speculating that movement has been delayed compared to last year. you should check out the 2020 cycle waitlist support thread.

Come on FAU give us some waitlist movement!!!!

did they email you back?
Nope! This is what another person got from them.

• Sad
Please post if you hear of anyone getting accepted!

Have any accepted students heard anything about paying a deposit?

Have any accepted students heard anything about paying a deposit?
I was told we would receive an email for deposit, immunization, etc. via CastleBranch this month. I think everything was delay because of the pandemic.
@catladybutnormal I was accepted before April 30 in case you would ask. :)

• Haha
Did anyone else get an email today regarding applying for scholarships even though you are still on the alternate list? I just got one now and was wondering if it shows any indication as to whether or not I have the possibility of getting in?

Did anyone else get an email today regarding applying for scholarships even though you are still on the alternate list? I just got one now and was wondering if it shows any indication as to whether or not I have the possibility of getting in?
Got that too

Yes I got it and flipped out. Lol I’m sure it was sent to all waitlisted students but gotta love the “entering student..” subject.

I got it too. I sent them the scholarship application a few weeks ago so I think they sent this email to everyone on the alternate list.

Yea I got it too, they prob sent it to everyone on the waitlist. Silver lining is that since they did send it out that means maybe they’re expecting waitlist movement to happen

tbh why would they ask waitlist applicants to fill out scholarship essays if they're already so backed up w admissions

• Sad
tbh why would they ask waitlist applicants to fill out scholarship essays if they're already so backed up w admissions
That’s what I was wondering as well... I got my hopes up by hoping that those who have may have had higher chance of getting off the alternate list but it seems like everyone has received it

• Dislike
I hate to say It but maybe there are people getting off the waitlist and we're not aware of it.

• Dislike
ok so i thought about that but why did the email they sent that one person make it seem like they're only starting to review the waitlist? Other schools have straight up said movement has started

• Hmm
I hate to say It but maybe there are people getting off the waitlist and we're not aware of it.
Sadly I agree. I know of one person reported here and potentially one other person (if they’re not the same person).
I think the vague email response was just to pacify us.
Anddd i think the scholarship application email makes sense. There’s allegedly going to be a lot of waitlist movement in the next month so it expedites the distribution process if people submit the apps now. Also considering there’ll be people coming off the waitlist in June it might somehow improve fairness of distribution.

• Sad
I’m late posting this but I got off the waitlist on Monday 5/4!

Sadly I agree. I know of one person reported here and potentially one other person (if they’re not the same person).
I think the vague email response was just to pacify us.
Anddd i think the scholarship application email makes sense. There’s allegedly going to be a lot of waitlist movement in the next month so it expedites the distribution process if people submit the apps now. Also considering there’ll be people coming off the waitlist in June it might somehow improve fairness of distribution.
I agree with this. I doubt they would have sent all alternates the scholarship email if they didn’t plan on accepting a significant number of alternates.

Oh well, we didn’t get picked the first week possible. Don’t lose hope yet! We have all of May and June

• Love
Any movement?
every time I get a notification here, my heart stops haha. nothing on my end. anyone reading this- if you've been accepted off the waitlist, please let us know!