2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would be really surprised if they added a dining hall given how few students are there and how infrequently off-campus students tend to use dining facilities. Maybe some affiliated vendors (like how they have Starbucks and Chick Fil A on main campus). I've heard that the food trucks are very popular when they're there.

I agree bringing in affiliated vendors is a more likely option, mainly because a lot of off campus students do not tend to use dining services. However, with 300 students there for the DO program and probably that many or more that will be there for the PA and OT programs they are adding there, I think a dining hall would have the potential to be supported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree bringing in affiliated vendors is a more likely option, mainly because a lot of off campus students do not tend to use dining services. However, with 300 students there for the DO program and probably that many or more that will be there for the PA and OT programs they are adding there, I think a dining hall would have the potential to be supported.

500 off-campus professional students and a handful of faculty and staff that are on average not going to use a dining hall or cafeteria is not a great potential customer base to justify building, staffing, and operating one. The only way I would see it happening is if LMU thought it would attract more applicants to Knoxville or if they added campus housing options. But a Starbucks? lol, you tell me.

500 off-campus professional students and a handful of faculty and staff that are on average not going to use a dining hall or cafeteria is not a great potential customer base to justify building, staffing, and operating one. The only way I would see it happening is if LMU thought it would attract more applicants to Knoxville or if they added campus housing options. But a Starbucks? lol, you tell me.
The idea isn’t going to happen overnight. Theyre thinking about years down the road when there’s a lot more folks here. And honestly, I think they’d get enough business. A lot of people basically live here, including myself, and it would be nice to have an option readily available instead of having to get in the car and go to get food. They have a lot of land, so I’m sure it’s one of many ideas they’re throwing around for the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
And we already have a free coffee machine doubt they’d ever give us a shop but that would be awesome

For anyone on the interview invite waitlist, I was waitlisted for an interview for Knox on 10/31/19. I received an interview invite a few days ago on 1/14/19.

I just interviewed this past Friday (1/17) for Harrogate and I was in the third group to go. I don't know if I'm overanalyzing it or what, but the interview was supposed to last 25 minutes and mine was only 19 minutes:eek:. I felt like the interview was fine and they agreed to a lot of the points I made, but my mind is still in distraught.

Also another thing, how easily is it to move up the transfer waitlist for Knoxville?

Does anyone know if they do drug test along with the background track?

Reactions: 1 user
have you guys seen the price for the immunization, background check and all of that?? It’s nothing crazy, but still...RIP

I just interviewed this past Friday (1/17) for Harrogate and I was in the third group to go. I don't know if I'm overanalyzing it or what, but the interview was supposed to last 25 minutes and mine was only 19 minutes:eek:. I felt like the interview was fine and they agreed to a lot of the points I made, but my mind is still in distraught.

Also another thing, how easily is it to move up the transfer waitlist for Knoxville?

Not sure about your question about Knoxville, but don't worry about the interview timing - I know current students who were in and out of their interview in 15 minutes. I get the impression that their interviews are less formal than people are used to.

Does anyone know if they do drug test along with the background track?

I believe in years past you were required to go to a lab (LabCorp maybe? In a lot of big regional hospitals) and have it done yourself after they give you the paperwork. Then they send it to the school for you.

have you guys seen the price for the immunization, background check and all of that?? It’s nothing crazy, but still...RIP

Yeah, one thing I've heard is to get the titers and stuff done early because you have to get the immunizations and titers redone if they come back negative. The immunizations are usually covered by insurance, but the titers a lot of people have to pay out of pocket for. A drop in the bucket, I guess.

Background and drug tests are due before orientation, I believe. Unless in the email they gave you a different deadline.

then it will be due by May 15th but if you have any circumstances that are making it take longer for you to get everything done then you just contact the office and they will probably give you an extension. As long as it shows and you tell them that you are working on it. Sometimes the titers take a long time because if you aren't immune sometime you have to get a set of vaccines spaced out for months. As an example. Just contact the office

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview invite to the knox location but I am honestly somewhat confused. I received this with the email:

"Your Interview Day will begin in Harrogate and end with your Interview in Knoxville. You will receive an agenda and additional information with your Interview confirmation."

Will we be touring the Harrogate location then just interviewing at Knox? Can anyone shed some light on how the day went? I am traveling from Nashville and I am just not sure whether I need to go to both locations.

I just received an interview invite to the knox location but I am honestly somewhat confused. I received this with the email:

"Your Interview Day will begin in Harrogate and end with your Interview in Knoxville. You will receive an agenda and additional information with your Interview confirmation."

Will we be touring the Harrogate location then just interviewing at Knox? Can anyone shed some light on how the day went? I am traveling from Nashville and I am just not sure whether I need to go to both locations.

You will be going to both locations. Your day will start with a tour and some informational stuff at Harrogate. Then you will travel to Knoxville to eat lunch and interview there. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per their FAQ:
All interviewees will start their interview day in Harrogate; they will tour our Harrogate facilities and receive information on curriculum and student services. Most interviewees with a Knoxville preference will then go to DCOM at LMU-Knoxville for their interviews.

You will need to go to both locations, as @WannaBeDoc973 noted. And they don't provide transportation so you'll have to drive yourself there or arrange a carpool with other applicants. I think you get a full tour of Knoxville's building too, and from what I've heard an opportunity to talk to at least a few students there.

Good morning! I was wondering when LMU stops sending interview invites?
Not sure when they stop sending it, but I know they interview all the way until April. So, I would say they send interview invitations until March.

accepted!!! such a relief when I got that phone call after work.
(Does anyone knows when LMU starts sending out the email of required things and deposit fee?)

accepted!!! such a relief when I got that phone call after work.
(Does anyone knows when LMU starts sending out the email of required things and deposit fee?)

You should get it pretty soon. Maybe beginning of next week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Im at the Knox campus and I couldn't be happier about my decision. The campus is brand new and really nice (technology is new). The faculty/staff are amazing and are very supportive as well as receptive to our needs (they really go above and beyond to make our time here enjoyable as well as make sure we have the resources we need). The "established" thing doesn't matter, our campus doesn't have any issues i can pin on that comment. Just like some professors aren't present in Knoxville, some professors aren't present in Harrogate. It's 50/50 so if its an issue for a student it will be an issue on both campuses. For most of the people I know this 50/50 has not been a problem because professors that are not on the campus visit each campus, hold office hours when they can on the other campus, give out their phones numbers and emails for questions even on weekends, some have done online office hour sessions. Example: last semester the Histology professor was based out of Knoxville while the Biochemistry prof was based out of Harrogate. This semester the Immunology professor is based in Knox, but the Physio prof is based out of Harrogate.

Being from here I am sure you know the area is very nice in Knox and you have everything you could ever need. I am not from a rural area so when I interviewed in Harrogate I was concerned about the quality of life in such an isolated area and my options there (food, safety, housing, shopping, coffee shops to study in). For anyone that are concerned about money, I am on loans and I will be fine. Is rent cheaper in Harrogate? Yeah, we pay around $850. Would I be happy in the middle of nowhere though? Nope. So it depends on you. (just to clarify this isn't about nightlife, I have yet to go out in Knoxville and wouldn't make my decision based on that. I don't think anyone would.)

I prefer the Knoxville campus any day of the week. It is safe to say that most if not all the Knox students feel this way.

scared of safety in harrogate lol oh please

The idea isn’t going to happen overnight. Theyre thinking about years down the road when there’s a lot more folks here. And honestly, I think they’d get enough business. A lot of people basically live here, including myself, and it would be nice to have an option readily available instead of having to get in the car and go to get food. They have a lot of land, so I’m sure it’s one of many ideas they’re throwing around for the future.
Another chick filet wouldn’t hurt the one in harrogate was packed when I went back last year for PE prep

Anyone have any information on the nature of the interview? is it just standard questions or kind of out there? all i know is that is closed file

Anyone have any information on the nature of the interview? is it just standard questions or kind of out there? all i know is that is closed file

It’s closed file, 30 minutes max (could be less, depending on how fast you answer the questions!), 2 facility per student. It is laid back and conversational in my opinion! They only asked a few questions (like why LMU, why DO, etc). Since it’s closed file, they aren’t trying to grill you about your application. They even said this during the presentations not to worry! They just want to get to know you as a person. You first have a presentation with some faculty, then interview, then tour parts of the campus and eat somewhere in between there.

Last edited:
has anyone successfully been accepted to the harrogate campus and been able to switch to knoxville? i was accepted in october and i was told that there is a waitlist for knoxville campus and im still waiting...

Have anyone done the immunizations or used Castle Brach? If yes, could you give some insight please?

has anyone successfully been accepted to the harrogate campus and been able to switch to knoxville? i was accepted in october and i was told that there is a waitlist for knoxville campus and im still waiting...
I was told they wouldn’t start moving people from the waitlist until they finished interviewing everyone

I was told they wouldn’t start moving people from the waitlist until they finished interviewing everyone
strange..one of the girls i interviewed with reached out and told me she was switched to knoxville from harrogate campus, so i am thinking that some people are switched immediately and others put on this waitlist

So there is a difference between the waitlist for admission (not accepted; waitlisted - students are pulled from the waitlist throughout the semester, anytime a student turns down an offer of admission) and the waitlist for accepted students to switch campuses. Last year Knoxville campus filled up faster than Harrogate, so already admitted students could apply to switch to Knoxville, but I have no idea how that is determined. I would reach back out to admissions if you haven't heard back about switching for a couple of months.

Just accepted via email to Harrogate Campus. OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Have anyone done the immunizations or used Castle Brach? If yes, could you give some insight please?

You basically upload the documents they request to the to-do list.

Im in the process. Castle branch rejects you if you just show records of vaccinations for MMR, chickenpox and Hep B. You have to do a titer blood test to show you have the antibodies/proof of immunity for those.

I heard about a good number of ppl doing this and being denied, waitlisted or accepted. It's kind of funny to me because it's like using harrogate as a back door to ultimately get into knoxville.

I heard about a good number of ppl doing this and being denied, waitlisted or accepted. It's kind of funny to me because it's like using harrogate as a back door to ultimately get into knoxville.
well, i put my preference for knoxville because my fiance lives there but they offered me an interview for the harrogate campus

They say the campus choice doesn't interfere with your chances of being accepted. So, I don't think someone would use Harrogate as a back door since the campus and facilities are as good as the one Knoxville (if not better). They ask for your preference in the primary application, so people can pick which location they would like to go to. People accepted earlier in the cycle probably have more chances of getting into their first choice (like I did). When the spots fill, it gets more complicated. But again, I feel that LMU tries to adjust to their students' needs and do their best to place someone in Knoxville when asked. But again, there are limited spots, so the chances decrease as the cycle goes on :)

They say the campus choice doesn't interfere with your chances of being accepted. So, I don't think someone would use Harrogate as a back door since the campus and facilities are as good as the one Knoxville (if not better). They ask for your preference in the primary application, so people can pick which location they would like to go to. People accepted earlier in the cycle probably have more chances of getting into their first choice (like I did). When the spots fill, it gets more complicated. But again, I feel that LMU tries to adjust to their students' needs and do their best to place someone in Knoxville when asked. But again, there are limited spots, so the chances decrease as the cycle goes on :)
i was interviewed/accepted in october so i dont think earlier really matters. but thats just been my experience.

They won’t reject someone based off saying they want knox lol

right. knoxville has less seats and it's more competitive. That's reason enough for why someone would take the back door route. Im also skeptical when they say preference doesnt affect your chances because we don't know the admissions process.

well, i put my preference for knoxville because my fiance lives there but they offered me an interview for the harrogate campus

thats interesting in your case. Must be some other things they look at to decide for knoxville students then. You know if this happened to others?

From what I was told:

When you apply you are asked if you have a campus preference (on secondary app).

When you are invited for an interview they will ask for your preference again (via email II invite).

At the interview you have a chance to change what your preference is but it is up to you to speak to the faculty about this.

Admissions will try to accommodate your preference however it isn’t guaranteed. You will receive an offer for whichever campus has open seats if they accept you. If you don’t get the location you want then you can ask to change campuses once people start dropping their acceptances.

Hope that helped!

right. knoxville has less seats and it's more competitive. That's reason enough for why someone would take the back door route. Im also skeptical when they say preference doesnt affect your chances because we don't know the admissions process.

thats interesting in your case. Must be some other things they look at to decide for knoxville students then. You know if this happened to others?
the girl from my interview was hoping her boyfriend would move to knoxville at some point but she didn't have any other ties. i dont know anyone else who interviewed at harrogate and was moved otherwise.

i was interviewed/accepted in october so i dont think earlier really matters. but thats just been my experience.
Did you select Knoxville in your primary application? Also, did you mark Knoxville in the handout paper during your interview? It's very strange because I interviewed in September and there were a few people finishing their interview in Knoxville. I talked to some of them later, and they all got accepted there. Maybe by October, the spots were already full?? I actually doubt it! Since you were accepted earlier in the cycle, it's a "weird" situation because you should have gotten to your first campus choice. I would recommend getting in contact with them again.

the girl from my interview was hoping her boyfriend would move to knoxville at some point but she didn't have any other ties. i dont know anyone else who interviewed at harrogate and was moved otherwise.

Have you called or emailed admissions? It sounds like people here aren't going to be able to help you much, we're all just guessing and sharing anecdotes of the people we know.

Several of the Master's students here that met the benchmarks for interview/acceptance have talked about getting interviews in the next few weeks, maybe they're holding off on allowing transfers until they have interviewed? But as far as I know they're still having interviews every week in Knoxville and someone posted here about being offered interview dates for Knoxville two weeks, so they can't be out of space.

edit: meaningless speculation here. It occurred to me that based on when they plan to run interviews until, they might have predicted they would fill up their class and are holding off on allowing transfers until after interviews are over in April. What I mean is, (completely making up these numbers) if they're planning on doing interviews every Friday from now until the end of April, interview 10 people each week in Knoxville and accept 5 of them, they might be holding those 65 spots or something like that. So while they're not full, they don't want to let everyone switch into Knoxville only to be interviewing people to go straight to the waitlist in April. The question would then be, when a Knoxville student withdraws their acceptance, will they pull someone from the transfer waitlist from Harrogate and then fill the Harrogate spot from the waitlist, or just fill the Knoxville spot from the waitlist?

Last edited:
Worst case scenerio you end up in harrogate for two years it’s not that bad lol. Safe, quiet, nice hiking and cheap to live and not bad traffic usually

not bad traffic usually

LOL. The people that grew up here complain about "traffic" when the tunnel closes for four minutes, or when 5 o'clock rush-hour turns their commute into 15 minutes instead of 10. God forbid both happen at the same time.

LOL. The people that grew up here complain about "traffic" when the tunnel closes for four minutes, or when 5 o'clock rush-hour turns their commute into 15 minutes instead of 10. God forbid both happen at the same time.
It was bad back in 2016ish when the interstate was shut down for a while about it lol. TRUX galore. Otherwise it’s great. Sorta miss it

Did you select Knoxville in your primary application? Also, did you mark Knoxville in the handout paper during your interview? It's very strange because I interviewed in September and there were a few people finishing their interview in Knoxville. I talked to some of them later, and they all got accepted there. Maybe by October, the spots were already full?? I actually doubt it! Since you were accepted earlier in the cycle, it's a "weird" situation because you should have gotten to your first campus choice. I would recommend getting in contact with them again.
yes, i selected it for primary and at the interview.

Have you called or emailed admissions? It sounds like people here aren't going to be able to help you much, we're all just guessing and sharing anecdotes of the people we know.

Several of the Master's students here that met the benchmarks for interview/acceptance have talked about getting interviews in the next few weeks, maybe they're holding off on allowing transfers until they have interviewed? But as far as I know they're still having interviews every week in Knoxville and someone posted here about being offered interview dates for Knoxville two weeks, so they can't be out of space.

edit: meaningless speculation here. It occurred to me that based on when they plan to run interviews until, they might have predicted they would fill up their class and are holding off on allowing transfers until after interviews are over in April. What I mean is, (completely making up these numbers) if they're planning on doing interviews every Friday from now until the end of April, interview 10 people each week in Knoxville and accept 5 of them, they might be holding those 65 spots or something like that. So while they're not full, they don't want to let everyone switch into Knoxville only to be interviewing people to go straight to the waitlist in April. The question would then be, when a Knoxville student withdraws their acceptance, will they pull someone from the transfer waitlist from Harrogate and then fill the Harrogate spot from the waitlist, or just fill the Knoxville spot from the waitlist?
i did talk to them before the new year and after but i received conflicting information..so i wanted to see if anyone else was in my position or had any success.