2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who got a call for an acceptance after the email debacle: has your portal updated or have you heard anything since?
Nope. I think someone posted above that the school will send out official communication regarding WL status by tonight, but am not sure how good their information is. I imagine that it's got to be sometime this week, though.

Members don't see this ad.

Did waitlist call recipients have a portal update with a waitlist decision?

I saw you posting throughout this cycle on your own state forums about how you weren't even invited to interviews. Considering that there are over 10 schools in your state and you were ignored by all of them, what would you know?

I know that I’ll be matriculating to one this fall and learned retrospectively that two of the state schools I applied to didn’t accept community college prereqs. Paired with a late MCAT and what I felt were some significant holes in my app, I’d say I did ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is emblematic of so many of the problems we face in medicine today.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I say it again I would love to have Stephen Colbert cover this

Official Twitter : @StephenAtHome

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, is Mayo still sending out secondaries? I’m really hoping to get one.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys, is Mayo still sending out secondaries? I’m really hoping to get one.
Not sure if you're well out of the loop or trolling (the past week has been rough on this forum). Just in case it is the former, Mayo is done with interviews for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who got a call for an acceptance after the email debacle: has your portal updated or have you heard anything since?
Nope, not showing up on AMCAS either

Given the fiasco with their current software platform, they may ask you to use Venmo. /s
download.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I know you were joking...
My original post was deleted
So just quoted you for context...No offense intended

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know where’s the online link to pay the $100 deposit?¿
There is no link in the AMP portal for the deposit. You’ll get a email to fill out a form for your SSN and signature. Then MCCM will create a student account for you and you pay the deposit through a link they’ll send you in email. Hope that helps

You got the wrong guy friend
I wish no ill will on anyone

Joking about misinformation related to acceptances in a thread that lost its collective mind about false acceptances probably isn’t in the best taste.

Time and place...

Joking about misinformation related to acceptances in a thread that lost its collective mind about false acceptances probably isn’t in the best taste.

Time and place...

I mean, it was an obvious joke.
why would Mayo send out a bunch more acceptances after that fiasco? I don’t get why everyone on this forum has to take everything so seriously.

But ok, I get it. I’ve been duly admonished and will be more cognizant in the future

• Haha
Anyone heard anything about financial aid being released this week? Came out around this time last year. Hoping for some of that sweet 200mil donation to hit my pocket so I can start withdrawing offers

Anyone heard anything about financial aid being released this week? Came out around this time last year. Hoping for some of that sweet 200mil donation to hit my pocket so I can start withdrawing offers
I just got an e-mail from them with my financial aid award.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Bro, you serious?:eek:
Yeah. Did you submit FAFSA? I think you need to do that before you get any kind of award.

On a side note, I will be withdrawing from here. I know most of you on the waitlist were wronged and devastated by Mayo's actions, but I hope that one of you is still happy to be going here!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Hello guys. This is my first post here. I am one of the people who get WL after that fake A email. Does anyone know how many people are on the WL? I forgot to ask when they called. From an earlier poster, I heard that all the R's had already gone out before that fake A email.

Hello guys. This is my first post here. I am one of the people who get WL after that fake A email. Does anyone know how many people are on the WL? I forgot to ask when they called. From an earlier poster, I heard that all the R's had already gone out before that fake A email.
Probably 300+

• Sad
Is that waitlist email? What does it say in email?
Yup. Just said to sign a document saying I wanted to stay on it, and that my portal will update soon.

Is that waitlist email? What does it say in email?
it's just a short message saying we've been placed on the alt list and need to confirm our spot via docusign

Anyone here got the official alternative list email that didn't get the email from Dr. Fischer gauging our interest in Mayo?

Glad to be on the WL with the other 360 people lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users