You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Arizona
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted833891
Did you send a letter of intent/interest recently ?Just received an interest-gauging e-mail for PHX campus!!
LoIntent in January!Did you send a letter of intent/interest recently ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sajkdfbsdof
New Member
Does anyone know from previous years if these interest gauging emails typically correlate with an acceptance off the waitlist?Just received an interest-gauging e-mail for PHX campus!!
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
considering they didn't correlate the first time around, i wouldn't stress. They just playing games🤣Does anyone know from previous years if these interest gauging emails typically correlate with an acceptance off the waitlist?
zestyzigzagoon
Full Member
actually looking at last year's thread, i think they do correlate, but they will send more emails as the waitlist shrinks and more people withdraw. They accepted someone off the WL on May 28th last year, so don't lose hope!
omg I'm sweating over here. May 1 is next Monday but I'm already hyperventilating. PLEASE ACCEPT ME MAYO ILY
there's some correlation but it's not a guarantee! some years had very little waitlist movementDoes anyone know from previous years if these interest gauging emails typically correlate with an acceptance off the waitlist?
Just received what I assume is the infamous interest-gauging email from the AZ campus. I did sent a letter of intent in January
I also received the acceptance call today!
D
deleted833891
No updates?
crunchyminion
New Member
Has anybody heard back from the AZ campus? They haven’t gotten back to me sadly
I got my interest email last week, but still waiting on a call. It's gonna be a long month!
Does waitlist movement mainly happen around May 1st? This is starting to feel a bit like they've forgotten about us...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't speak for other folks, but my request to join the FB group has been pending since May 2 lol. I think whoever the admin of that page is has just dropped the ballI've been tracking the FB group for the past two weeks, and it doesn't look like the size has changed. Does anyone know of folks who've gotten off the WL? Otherwise, it seems like things are pretty much over here
lavendermatcha
New Member
It seems there hasn’t been any more WL movement. I’m assuming that this cycle is over for Mayo. Is there anything to indicate this is not the case? Just wanting some closure.
D
deleted1163954
Just got the acceptance call!!! Still in shock!! Got an interest-gauging email a couple weeks ago. When I got the call, she said WL movement has been very slow...so maybe there is still hope as the CTE deadline nears. My friend who is a current MS1 said that some of her peers got in a couple weeks before class started! For reference, there are 49 members in the groupme, idk the facebook page. Hope this helps, good luck everyone!
Last edited by a moderator:
sad_nontrad
Full Member
Congrats!!! That is amazing. Do you know when the CTE deadline is?Just got the acceptance call!!! Still in shock!! Got an interest-gauging email a couple weeks ago. When I got the call, she said WL movement has been very slow...so maybe there is still hope as the CTE deadline passes. My friend who is a current MS1 said that some of her peers got in a couple weeks before class started! For reference, there are 49 members in the groupme, idk the facebook page. Hope this helps, good luck everyone!
Congrats!Just got the acceptance call!!! Still in shock!! Got an interest-gauging email a couple weeks ago. When I got the call, she said WL movement has been very slow...so maybe there is still hope as the CTE deadline passes. My friend who is a current MS1 said that some of her peers got in a couple weeks before class started! For reference, there are 49 members in the groupme, idk the facebook page. Hope this helps, good luck everyone!
BTW do we all have to commit to enroll to other schools today? If so, how could we get into Mayo after that point? Don't we have to withdraw from all waitlists?
D
deleted1163954
I believe it's June 7 for Mayo but I think it's school-dependent.Congrats!!! That is amazing. Do you know when the CTE deadline is?
D
deleted1163954
Im not quite sure as CTE deadline is school-dependent. Also some schools don’t close the waitlist until the days leading up to orientation in case of last-minute drops or deferralsBTW do we all have to commit to enroll to other schools today? If so, how could we get into Mayo after that point? Don't we have to withdraw from all waitlists?
Just received the official rejection lol