2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you submit your secondary/how soon did they get back to you?
This was just from submitting the primary application, I was not awarded a secondary app lol

They have a MCAT minimum of 508. IDK your stats but potentially that was it.

I believe you're right. I think they send secondaries to anyone passing their minimum stats screen. If lilred21 got an outright rejection, it was likely due to not passing the MCAT screen. They don't have a minimum minimum GPA requirement. There is always the chance there was some other red flag we don't know about, but the MCAT screen is the most like reason for an R.

Is Mayo Clinic Minnesota the same secondary prompt as Arizona? What is the difference between the two campuses and is it completely different admissions and selection process?

Is Mayo Clinic Minnesota the same secondary prompt as Arizona? What is the difference between the two campuses and is it completely different admissions and selection process?
Same exact admissions, selection process, and education after speaking to the dean. You have the option to split your education up across two campuses, with the Florida campus currently only offering opportunities for 3rd and 4th year students.

Reactions: 1 user
Same exact admissions, selection process, and education after speaking to the dean. You have the option to split your education up across two campuses, with the Florida campus currently only offering opportunities for 3rd and 4th year students.
Can I select the campus I would like to apply to? Our does admissions just place you after acceptance?

Can I select the campus I would like to apply to? Our does admissions just place you after acceptance?
In the secondary you can rank the four options (MN 4 year, AZ 4 year, MN+FL 2+2, AZ+FL 2+2).
You aren't guaranteed your top choice, but they try to get you where you want to go (and interview you at that location too).
They also say don't rank campuses where you wouldn't want to attend.

does mayo not look applicants who submit secondaries later than 2 weeks?

Does anyone know if it is unheard of for applicants to be accepted to multiple tracks? Just wondering if it is all that likely for me to be seriously considered for my second choice, especially if I listed a specific reason in my secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it is unheard of for applicants to be accepted to multiple tracks? Just wondering if it is all that likely for me to be seriously considered for my second choice, especially if I listed a specific reason in my secondary.

If I am not mistaken, they used to accept folks to multiple tracks, but no longer do this. If you're accepted, it will be to one track.

II just now. LM ~72, ORM. Complete 7/20.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II 8/16
Submitted secondary 7/20

Last edited:
Do you guys know how I can apply to both the Mayo locations. Or can you only apply to one of them?

Its one primary application and then your rank the campuses on your secondary application. Its sent to both/all 3 campuses.
Okay, but one of the secondary questions asks why I'm interested in my top choice, if I write about that would it be a disadvantage at the other location. Like did people who put Minnesota as their preferred location get interviews from Arizona?

I wrote about arizona exclusively and got arizona interview. I think they will go with whatever you write about honestly.
Okay great!! Was also wondering if there's any difference in selectivity between both the locations. Like is one location harder than the other?

II just now for AZ campus!
OOS, ORM, 519/3.99, complete 7/19, earliest interview option 10/3
Congrats! That's really interesting. I got a II a couple of days ago but for me the earliest interview options were the week of 10/17. Is it possible I just missed available days?

Congrats! That's really interesting. I got a II a couple of days ago but for me the earliest interview options were the week of 10/17. Is it possible I just missed available days?
Hmm that's odd. Maybe they added a few dates because 10/3, 10/6, and 10/18 were the 3 options I saw! Or maybe people had rescheduled. I think they are non-rolling admissions so should not matter much at the end of the day :)

Does anyone know if you can pursue an MD-MBA at AZ campus only, or at either campus?

OOS II to the Arizona campus!!!!!! I am so humbled and excited -- Mayo is absolutely one of my top choices.
Complete 8/12, and my stats are 4.0/517 for those who are interested.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if the Monday welcome session before the interview is mandatory?

II today for Arizona. OOS. LM 76. Submitted 8/14.

Reactions: 1 users
3.6; 525. No research. Still facing an uphill battle I expect but I really like them so trying to enjoy the moment lol
An uphill battle? My bro/sis, you have an II. You've already climbed the hill in terms of stats. Now, just show off that glowing personality and you're golden. Believe in yourself the way Killua does Gon (Hunter x Hunter reference). 💪🏽

Just received this email from Mayo:

Dear [REDACTED],

Thank you for applying to the Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine. We have received a large number of applications and your application is still under consideration. We will notify you once a final interview decision has been made.

Thank you for your patience during this busy admissions cycle.

Mayo is a huge reach for me so I'm surprised I haven't been rejected yet

Dear [REDACTED],

Thank you for applying to the Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine. We have received a large number of applications and your application is still under consideration. We will notify you once a final interview decision has been made.

Received the same email. Not sure how to feel about it lol

Dear [REDACTED],

Same same. Very confused by this email