2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good morning everyone
IMG_2857.jpg
 
I guess still no calls reported today. Maybe they were done with it yesterday? If anyone received a call today, please do post!
 
Got the A!!!! 4 year MN track! Interviewed in December.

Edit (adding for transparency): I received an email sometime in mid-December from one of my interviewers that I was highly ranked and received a call towards the end of January from someone asking if I had any questions and gauged my interest. Sent a LOInterest in December.
 
Last edited:
Got the A!!!! 4 year MN track! Interviewed in December.

Edit (adding for transparency): I received an email sometime in mid-December from one of my interviewers that I was highly ranked and received a call towards the end of January from someone asking if I had any questions and gauged my interest. Sent a LOInterest in December.
Congrats!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all those who have heard back. For the rest of us, the wait continues. Seems strange to have so few reporting As. From years’ past, it seems like by day three (since calls start), all calls have been made. Agree?
 
Got the A call yesterday. Was initially placed on hold, sent interest, recieved II, got highly ranked email (no call), and converted to A. Tbh, i think there are more people who recieved the highly ranked email and got the A than are being reported.

Just to clear things up, this school admits only 50 students per campus in this initial round according to a current student, so obviously only a fraction of those people will report on SDN, even i forgot to update about it!

For those in the future, if you get a preII hold, its not always a death sentence, but n = 1 so take it as you may. WL movement goes strong here since they must care about the yield so patience is key in the next few months im guessing. Just my 2 cents. Hope they still have some calls left!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why don't medical schools just update admissions portals on a certain date/time? I feel like it would spare a lot of us the mental health strain of having to wait for a call in admissions purgatory...
Because in 2020 Mayo sent out emails and portal updates to all interviewed applicants stating that they were accepted. It was chaos that you can still read about in the older threads on SDN. They weren't even that apologetic either, probably for legal reasons.