2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If we do not get the acceptance call today, should we consider ourselves waitlisted/rejected?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
If we do not get the acceptance call today, should we consider ourselves waitlisted/rejected?
i don't think so, I think at least a few people got call into tue and wed and 1 person heard on friday

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
can those who have gotten accepted, say who their faculty interviewer that called was?

Welp, lookin like a WL/R for me :( Congratz to everyone who got the A today!!

• Care
Strange that there wasn’t a single MN/FL acceptance today. Or maybe they are not on sdn…

I won't consider it 100% hopeless until this weekend. Just more hopeless as the week goes on :rofl::cryi:

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
A just now… in disbelief. MN 4 years. sent letter of intent but no highly-ranked email or anything!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Good morning everyone
IMG_2857.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
not me making an acc just for this thread

Reactions: 7 users
anyone have a sense of when emails might go out for WL/Rs? happy struggle-bus valentines day!

I think the update email I got said March 14th:(
From last year's thread it looked like WLs/Rs came out the following week after A's. But yeah in the email they said by early March.

I guess still no calls reported today. Maybe they were done with it yesterday? If anyone received a call today, please do post!

bro aint no way they're gonna finish calls in one day and tell us "week of feb 13"

Got the A!!!! 4 year MN track! Interviewed in December.

Edit (adding for transparency): I received an email sometime in mid-December from one of my interviewers that I was highly ranked and received a call towards the end of January from someone asking if I had any questions and gauged my interest. Sent a LOInterest in December.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Got the A!!!! 4 year MN track! Interviewed in December.

Edit (adding for transparency): I received an email sometime in mid-December from one of my interviewers that I was highly ranked and received a call towards the end of January from someone asking if I had any questions and gauged my interest. Sent a LOInterest in December.
Congrats!

• Love
any of you guys in florida track? (For today's new acceptances)

Congrats to all those who have heard back. For the rest of us, the wait continues. Seems strange to have so few reporting As. From years’ past, it seems like by day three (since calls start), all calls have been made. Agree?

Got the A call yesterday. Was initially placed on hold, sent interest, recieved II, got highly ranked email (no call), and converted to A. Tbh, i think there are more people who recieved the highly ranked email and got the A than are being reported.

Just to clear things up, this school admits only 50 students per campus in this initial round according to a current student, so obviously only a fraction of those people will report on SDN, even i forgot to update about it!

For those in the future, if you get a preII hold, its not always a death sentence, but n = 1 so take it as you may. WL movement goes strong here since they must care about the yield so patience is key in the next few months im guessing. Just my 2 cents. Hope they still have some calls left!

Even with 50 I would have assumed at least 1 MN/FL student would be on and, no one from that track has heard anything yet which is just bizarre to me

Reactions: 4 users
do they consider us for every track we ranked in the portal? for example 2/2 mn fl, 4y mn, etc.

do they consider us for every track we ranked in the portal? for example 2/2 mn fl, 4y mn, etc.
They say they do, but I’ve never seen that actually happen in past threads

• Sad
Does anyone know of anybody who listed MN/FL 2+2 track as their number one and has been accepted at all? Into any of the tracks?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Man, it’s been two days and I already want off this mf ride. 😵‍💫

Why don't medical schools just update admissions portals on a certain date/time? I feel like it would spare a lot of us the mental health strain of having to wait for a call in admissions purgatory...

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Keep in mind UP to 12 people are accepted to the FL campus. This is a max of 12 including both AZ FL and MN FL. Very possible MN FL calls have gone on, just nobody is on SDN.

• Sad
Why don't medical schools just update admissions portals on a certain date/time? I feel like it would spare a lot of us the mental health strain of having to wait for a call in admissions purgatory...
They don’t care

• Care
lmao I've brought my tumbler to work the past 3 days like a CLOWN

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
This one was way more disappointing than I was anticipating. Cheers to everyone on the rollercoaster of emotion.

• Care
No reason to despair until the end of this week... but I'm spent hahaha. I was so wound up on Sunday night from anticipation but now I feel so exhausted.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Because in 2020 Mayo sent out emails and portal updates to all interviewed applicants stating that they were accepted. It was chaos that you can still read about in the older threads on SDN. They weren't even that apologetic either, probably for legal reasons.