You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don't they accept 50 in total for MN? Do you mean there are probably 7 spot available?Just thought you guys would like to know there are 43 members in the groupme as of today (I think this includes both 2+2 and MN). I remember being really curious about the Mayo groupme while I was on the WL, so I hope this helps!
It doesn't add up.Some people could also not be on the groupme. And in 2019, there were only 46 MN students. Does anyone know why? Seems like they could very well be done accepting students if their willing to shorten the class a bit.
Class Profile - M.D. Program - Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine & Science
Learn more about the class profile, admissions statistics, and acceptance data for Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine.college.mayo.edu
It says 46 MN and 50 AZ and It says 102 students (52 female and 50 male)
>>>>
Class Profile - M.D. Program - Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine & Science
Learn more about the class profile, admissions statistics, and acceptance data for Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine.
2019 admissions statistics for the M.D. Program and the Medical Scientist Training Program (M.D.-Ph.D.):
- Applications received: 7,265
- On-campus interviews: 811
- Acceptances issued: 172
- 46 M.D. students attending the four-year Minnesota campus
- 50 M.D. students attending the four-year Arizona campus
52 female, 50 male
>>>>>>>
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reformedforchrist
Full Member
Yea I don't understand the 102It doesn't add up.
It says 46 MN and 50 AZ and It says 102 students (52 female and 50 male)
>>>>
Class Profile - M.D. Program - Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine - Mayo Clinic College of Medicine & Science
Learn more about the class profile, admissions statistics, and acceptance data for Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine.college.mayo.edu
2019 admissions statistics for the M.D. Program and the Medical Scientist Training Program (M.D.-Ph.D.):
102 total students
- Applications received: 7,265
- On-campus interviews: 811
- Acceptances issued: 172
- 46 M.D. students attending the four-year Minnesota campus
- 50 M.D. students attending the four-year Arizona campus
52 female, 50 male
>>>>>>>
Isn't it 46 MD, 4-5 MSTP, and 1-2 Oral and Maxillofacial (MD/DDS)?
I am still waiting for "interested" email 🙂Has everyone that’s gotten the most recent interested email gotten in?
When will they send me one?
Reformedforchrist
Full Member
I haven't heard from them since the interest emailHas everyone that’s gotten the most recent interested email gotten in?
DittoI haven't heard from them since the interest email
Just got in off the WL! Got the interest email a couple months ago, but not the recent one.
Reformedforchrist
Full Member
Congrats!!!!!!!!!Just got in off the WL! Got the interest email a couple months ago, but not the recent one.
How do I get in on this Groupme?
I'll PM youHow do I get in on this Groupme?
coolcoolcoolcool
New Member
anyone hear anything lately? do any current students know if the school is done sending out acceptances?
mcasomMN2021
Full Member
Last I heard something was last week maybe? The scoop was that the class is almost full...not sure if that means they're waiting on decisions or what though. Things can still change but I think if they do it will be very very slow :/ this waiting is terrible though I know. Sorry don't have more definitive info!anyone hear anything lately? do any current students know if the school is done sending out acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tinytrain1
Full Member
45 in the groupme, which includes md/phds tooAnyone mind updating how many people are on the Facebook group / group me?
Reformedforchrist
Full Member
I haven't heard backSeems like WL movement is almsot over. Just curious, but did some of you who got the recent interest email end up not hearing back?
coolcoolcoolcool
New Member
soo I guess WL movement is basically over? are we just waiting for mayo to send out rejection emails at this point?
mcasomMN2021
Full Member
Most likely but not sure :/ if there is still movement though, Mayo has plans to start virtually so there wouldn't be a need for a last minute move right away at least. There's always a chance a couple people will still get in. I have classmates who got accepted in June. Unpredictable unfortunately :/ people may still decide to defer for a year or something.soo I guess WL movement is basically over? are we just waiting for mayo to send out rejection emails at this point?
D
deleted785419
Hi, current applicant here! I wanted to know the way holds work. Are pre hold Rs sent out here? Or is it like you get a hold and then R later?
From what I recall, a hold more than likely signifies an R but there is a possibility of an II later.Hi, current applicant here! I wanted to know the way holds work. Are pre hold Rs sent out here? Or is it like you get a hold and then R later?