2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone keeping an eye on Facebook group numbers?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone tried calling/emailing and received a response ? I tried calling and emailing on Friday and haven’t heard back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a response that they did not experience any delays from the CYMS tool.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Just received a response that they did not experience any delays from the CYMS tool.
:( why is every school's waitlist barely moving this year, what the heckkkk. Did they say they are virtually done w/ waitlist movement?

Bruh 😵‍💫

*although, sometimes schools just be saying **** to applicants over the phone.*

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
:( why is every school's waitlist barely moving this year, what the heckkkk. Did they say they are virtually done w/ waitlist movement?
No they didn’t say that in the response but also I didn’t specifically ask if they were done with movement. I just asked if they experienced any delays

I got pulled from the waitlist for Mn/Fl yesterday!!! I wanted to let you all know. I'm super excited and wishing all the best to all of you as well!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I got pulled from the waitlist for Mn/Fl yesterday!!! I wanted to let you all know. I'm super excited and wishing all the best to all of you as well!
Did you receive any communication post waitlist about your interest in the school or was it out of the blue? also, did you receive communication pre waitlist?

Did you receive any communication post waitlist about your interest in the school or was it out of the blue? also, did you receive communication pre waitlist?
I submitted a letter of intent shortly after receving my waitlist position, but I did not receive any other communication from Mayo themselves (i.e., no interest-gauging email, etc.). They did send a text prior to calling me!

I submitted a letter of intent shortly after receving my waitlist position, but I did not receive any other communication from Mayo themselves (i.e., no interest-gauging email, etc.). They did send a text prior to calling me!
Thanks for the reply!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
The fact that two people reported getting off the mn/fl track and 0 MN track makes this even more sus. There’s like 6 people in the mn/fl one lol

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
The fact that two people reported getting off the mn/fl track and 0 MN track makes this even more sus. There’s like 6 people in the man/fl one lol
It's possible people just aren't commenting on SDN, unfortunately.

It's possible people just aren't commenting on SDN, unfortunately.
i thought about this but also reasoned "there's so many of us there's no way" ... they're obviously just having a hard time picking between all of us extremely qualified sdn users :^)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

Me picking up spam calls thinking it could be Mayo

Reactions: 5 users
Slowly starting to believe calls for the MN-track have been going out, but just to peeps who are not reporting them. I don’t think there’s a FB group for MN-track, but if there’s like a GroupMe group, would any admitted students be willing to share whether there has been an influx of peeps? Please do let us know, this uncertainty is draining ;-;

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
if you are in any gcs do you know if there are any more Mn/Fl spots left? Or all 6 of you already there

In the MN groupme there are currently 64 people but I think 5 are current students. There have been ∼1 people leaving /day but still no new incomers. My guess is they may have over-accepted and are waiting for the MN 4-year numbers to drop down before doing more WL action.

Also I know nothing of the admissions process, this is solely just a guess. 👍

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Atleast they got interest gauging calls… we’ve got nothing 😭😭
I got an interest gauging email around the same time the Arizona kids did (end of April). But I've not been contacted whereas they got off WL on May 1 or 2

Reactions: 1 users
if you are in any gcs do you know if there are any more Mn/Fl spots left? Or all 6 of you already there
I just got accepted into a GroupMe, but it's a little unclear if it's just MN or MN and AZ combined. There's about 65 people in it, so I would guess that it's all MN. In short, I don't know if there are any Mn/Fl spots left, I'm sorry. It looks like there's been a fairly 1:1 ratio of people leaving the group and joining it, if that's at all helpful. It's hard to tell what the general "flow" is; I wish I could be more helpful.

It looks like this is similar to what was said above, but unfortunately, I don't think there are any Mn/Fl specific groups.

I just got accepted into a GroupMe, but it's a little unclear if it's just MN or MN and AZ combined. There's about 65 people in it, so I would guess that it's all MN. In short, I don't know if there are any Mn/Fl spots left, I'm sorry. It looks like there's been a fairly 1:1 ratio of people leaving the group and joining it, if that's at all helpful. It's hard to tell what the general "flow" is; I wish I could be more helpful.

It looks like this is similar to what was said above, but unfortunately, I don't think there are any Mn/Fl specific groups.
no worries, thank you and congrats!

• Care
Does anyone have insight into the MSTP groupme? Does everyone there seem set on Mayo? Just wondering if I should still keep my hopes up for Mayo

Anyone get off the MN waitlist..? Plz do post Thanks!

The fb group went from 116 to 122 members over the past week, started monitoring on 05/10 ;-;

• Wow
The fb group went from 116 to 122 members over the past week, started monitoring on 05/10 ;-;
It went to 135 last year, so definitely not great, but it’s also not a wrap yet.

• Sad
:( kind of tempted to reach out to admissions inquiring if the class is filled just for closure

• Sad
  • Care
:( kind of tempted to reach out to admissions inquiring if the class is filled just for closure
I reached out and was told that there was likely to be a little movement.

With this in mind, would anyone be able to bless us with the number of people in the GC?

Last edited:
  • Wow
I reached out and was told that there was likely to be a little movement.

With this in mind, would anyone be able to bless us with the number of people in the GC?

Oh that’s good, right? I’m assuming after the CTE deadline of June 7?

Last edited:
  • Wow
So… I’m assuming it’s probably over now :(

• Care
  • Sad