2020-2021 Mayo Clinic (Alix), Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please dont be done please dont be done please dont be done 😩

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone in the admitted student's FB group comment on if they've seen a bunch of new people join?

FB for Rochester shows +11 persons in the last week.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A to MN this morning! Don't lose faith!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all of you on your acceptances! You have worked hard to get to this point.

If anyone is interested in a reasonably priced, modern 1 bedroom apartment to rent near the school please message me :)

Well, I guess I'll continue on with my reapp 😅 I've been lurking with my one and only II and WL here but it seems like I'm better off shifting my focus away from a hypothetical to avoid scrambling last minute. Good luck to everyone and congrats on your acceptances! People on this thread are already very supportive and wholesome, I can already see how stellar the cohort is going to be for this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A!!! There is still so much hope!!! I’m rooting for all of you! Sending lots of support😊

• Love
They do call back, right? 😅 Haven't heard anything since the missed call last morning 👀
Haha, I would assume so! There are a lot of ways that I can describe the general med school approach to admissions, most of them not very flattering, but ghosting you would be especially petty lol. Mayo also seems to be better than most med schools communication-wise. Have you checked your portal?

• Haha
Nothing on my portal/email! Yeah it would be tragic if I brought my bumble experience into my med school application experience
tbh, given the history of this thread, I think they swiped right on you :) Have you called them back?

Yeah, unfortunately it just leads to a general call number for mayo clinic so callers can remain anonymous
Have you tried calling the admissions office? Would that be worthwhile if you haven't heard back by the end of the day today?

I sent 'em an email yesterday, but they still haven't replied to that too. Do you know the number I should call by chance? They didn't have one in the portal, only the email
In the Portal go to the "Information" section of the interview tab. Under "interview resources," there is a link to the office of admissions staff. Has the phone numbers for every campus.

Got an email last night around 1am gauging my current interest! Not sure if it's -the- interest email though!

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to apply this upcoming cycle and was wanted to apply to Mayo. I was wondering, what are the differences between the Minnesota and Arizona campuses? Since Minnesota is the flagship campus, would there be much more opportunities there? I heard overall that the Minnesota campus is better and much more respected than the Arizona one. I'm debating if I should just apply to the Minnesota one or to both the Minnesota and Arizona one.

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to apply this upcoming cycle and was wanted to apply to Mayo. I was wondering, what are the differences between the Minnesota and Arizona campuses? Since Minnesota is the flagship campus, would there be much more opportunities there? I heard overall that the Minnesota campus is better and much more respected than the Arizona one. I'm debating if I should just apply to the Minnesota one or to both the Minnesota and Arizona one.
If they are keeping the application process the same as they did this cycle, you don't apply to separate campuses. Mayo is a unified national medical school system, and the admissions process reflects that. You just put down your preferences between MN, AZ, and 2+2 options with FL. AZ just graduated their first class of students, so there's no way of really saying if there's a reputation difference and honestly I doubt we would ever see distinction between the two anyway (ex. PD rankings, USNWR rankings). DM me and I'd be happy to talk more about my thoughts too.

This wait is painful, y'all! Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist in the previous few days? Hoping Mayo isn't playing with my heart again lol! 😬

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
This wait is painful, y'all! Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist in the previous few days? Hoping Mayo isn't playing with my heart again lol! 😬
Called them and they said their class was full and they didn’t anticipate much movement off the waitlist... 😭

• Hmm
I’m really sad, was high priority too. Oh well
Agree. Also got an interest email last week saying that they anticipate some waitlist movement last week and this week, so that's a big bummer :(

Agree. Also got an interest email last week saying that they anticipate some waitlist movement last week and this week, so that's a big bummer :(
Got the same email. I feel like it’s just cause this class is super small so it’s ridiculously competitive

Got the same email. I feel like it’s just cause this class is super small so it’s ridiculously competitive
Why is Mayo constantly playing with our feelings lol.

Reactions: 1 users
In the interest of understanding this application process, please "like" this comment if you got the "You were among the very highly ranked group of our interviewees," e-mail around Feb. 2, and did NOT get accepted. Assumption: you also sent Mayo letter's of intent, etc, did not given them reason to think you would turn down an acceptance.

That Feb. 2 e-mail's language was so ambiguous, I still have no idea what it means. It gave me perhaps undue hope, because reading it now (and then to be honest, though I tried to ignore), I can see how "highly ranked group" could simply refer to the entire Mayo interview group of 2020-2021, rather than a preferred subsection of that group.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the WL today! Actually crying!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Did any of y'all that were on the waitlist actually get an official rejection? Classes start today so obviously we didn't make it, but an email would have been nice 😂

Did any of y'all that were on the waitlist actually get an official rejection? Classes start today so obviously we didn't make it, but an email would have been nice 😂
I didn't get one. I agree an official email would've been nice

How much research is needed for Mayo?
That's a great question, and I think it comes down to the rest of your application. While Mayo is considered a research-heavy school, and having a fair amount would certainly help you, it's not the be-all end-all. I had no pubs, but several posters when I was accepted, but I also have friends who weren't big on research before coming here.

Wonderful school, all around. I have nothing negative whatsoever to say about this school.

• Love