2022-2023 Mayo Clinic - Arizona

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent a letter of interest a few weeks ago. Just got the email too. Does that mean I should send something else? Like an update?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else get an interest gauging phone call?
i did, it nearly gave me a heart attack lol. trying to tell myself it means nothing but it would be interesting to see if there’s a common factor between those who got one and those who don’t. i know my friend who didn’t submit any type of letter didn’t receive one but that’s about all i have to go on
 
i did, it nearly gave me a heart attack lol. trying to tell myself it means nothing but it would be interesting to see if there’s a common factor between those who got one and those who don’t. i know my friend who didn’t submit any type of letter didn’t receive one but that’s about all i have to go on

I hope it’s a good sign haha but trying not to get my hopes up
 
I'll add in my experience. I recently got a call where they told me the committee recently met and is "really excited about me." Then they asked me if I had any questions and gauged my interest at the end. I'm not sure if this is similar to other peoples' phone call experiences? To me, it felt like the phone call version of these "likely" emails we keep hearing about (although, I never received one of these emails myself).

For context, I had already submitted a LOI back in December.
 
+1 to this. You almost perfectly described my same exact experience a few nights ago. They called and said the committee was excited about my application and that formal decisions would be going out in mid Feb. I didn’t want to get my hopes up in case it isn’t anything but I definitely was hoping it was a phone version of a “likely letter”. I sent a letter of intent also back in December. Hoping that this is a good sign!
+2! Also sent a LOI a couple weeks ago. I wonder how common these calls are, but hoping it’s a good sign too.
 
I'll add in my experience. I recently got a call where they told me the committee recently met and is "really excited about me." Then they asked me if I had any questions and gauged my interest at the end. I'm not sure if this is similar to other peoples' phone call experiences? To me, it felt like the phone call version of these "likely" emails we keep hearing about (although, I never received one of these emails myself).

For context, I had already submitted a LOI back in December.

+1 to this. You almost perfectly described my same exact experience a few nights ago. They called and said the committee was excited about my application and that formal decisions would be going out in mid Feb. I didn’t want to get my hopes up in case it isn’t anything but I definitely was hoping it was a phone version of a “likely letter”. I sent a letter of intent also back in December. Hoping that this is a good sign!

+2! Also sent a LOI a couple weeks ago. I wonder how common these calls are, but hoping it’s a good sign too.
Were y'all 'interest' or 'intent'? Both acronyms being the same is confusing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 to this. You almost perfectly described my same exact experience a few nights ago. They called and said the committee was excited about my application and that formal decisions would be going out in mid Feb. I didn’t want to get my hopes up in case it isn’t anything but I definitely was hoping it was a phone version of a “likely letter”. I sent a letter of intent also back in December. Hoping that this is a good sign!
I understand the interest-gauging phone calls or emails for those who didn't send a letter of interest or intent. But why would the school call someone who already sent a letter of intent? Isn't it clear they're top choice?
 
Don’t read too much into it! In previous years people who didn’t receive any form of communication have gotten in and some people with communication have gotten waitlisted!
We should check correlation in 2 weeks. I’m guessing loi + no call = waitlist or R and call = waitlist or A.

Also in sad camp of loi(ntent) and no call here. Will just tell myself went straight to A with full scholarship pile and they didn’t feel the need to call.
 
I understand the interest-gauging phone calls or emails for those who didn't send a letter of interest or intent. But why would the school call someone who already sent a letter of intent? Isn't it clear they're top choice?
I also wonder what %-age of LoIntent's get reneged on ? Must be higher than I would think if they call even after one.
 
We should check correlation in 2 weeks. I’m guessing loi + no call = waitlist or R and call = waitlist or A.

Also in sad camp of loi(ntent) and no call here. Will just tell myself went straight to A with full scholarship pile and they didn’t feel the need to call.
I don't think your guess is true based on prior years
 
From prior years, it seems that all the extra communication has no discernable correlation to A/WL. So don't let them mess with your head!
I hate to say as someone who didn’t get it but having gone carefully and neurotically through a couple years of SDN history, it looks like there are a few As without this communication (/its equivalent in various years; looks like it was at least once an email saying you’re highly ranked), and a LOT of WLs who did get it, but overall I think if you didn’t get one it is a sign to anticipate this may not be your school
 
I hate to say as someone who didn’t get it but having gone carefully and neurotically through a couple years of SDN history, it looks like there are a few As without this communication (/its equivalent in various years; looks like it was at least once an email saying you’re highly ranked), and a LOT of WLs who did get it, but overall I think if you didn’t get one it is a sign to anticipate this may not be your school
There are several cases of A's without a highly ranked email and/or other post-II communication. There are also cases of WL's following a highly ranked email. I truly don't think one can predict the outcomes but to each their own!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be neurotic lol but I am wondering if anyone knows around what time they started making calls in previous years? I am in a different time zone and I work tomorrow so just trying to gauge when a possible call could come in.
It looks like around noon Arizona time; however, there doesn't seem to be a general trend on 'when' the calls go out because it looks to be from the interviewers. Past threads show calls bleeding over into Tues/Wed 2/2 this fact.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the A call earlier from my interviewer a little after 9 am AZ time! I interviewed in October, sent a letter of intent in December, and got what I describe as a "likely phone call" back in January. I am SO excited!

For emails, I haven't gotten one yet. However, my interviewer said he would let the admissions coordinator, Taylor Roe, know that he has reached me about my acceptance. Then, Taylor will send out the emails shortly. He said to contact her if I don't get an email in 1-2 days.

Congratulations to everyone else!!!!!!
 
yes!! some of the interviewers might give calls around their lunch breaks 🙂 also n=1 but i have a friend who got a hefty scholarship at mayo last year and he got a call on the friday of this week, so we have lots & lots of hope!
Thank you so much for this sliver of hope , will hold off on deleting my realtor.com Scottsdale rental search until the weekend ! 😊