-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Meharry
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cbulllllll2323
Full Member
congrats!! what date did you interview?? Today marks 8 weeks since my interview and I'm starting to lose hope :/Received an acceptance today.
Unsure, still on other waitlistsThose of you who got accepted, are you guys going to attend Meharry or are you going to other schools?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Are they still interviewing?
D
deleted1036124
Anyone received any interview invites recently?
Complete since October 🙁Anyone received any interview invites recently?
D
deleted1036124
Anyone got interview invite from this school recently? Are they still interviewing?
+1Anyone got interview invite from this school recently? Are they still interviewing?
D
deleted1036124
Did you get an interview invite recently?
nah I just had the same questionDid you get an interview invite recently?
Has anyone received any interview invitations recently?
D
deleted1036124
Anyone know if they’re still sending interview invites?
D
deleted1036124
Thank you my friend! Where are you deciding on going?withdrew my A here, hope it goes to one of you guys!
I hope they are! Has anyone been able to get in contact with them?Anyone know if they’re still sending interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Drexel College of MedicineThank you my friend! Where are you deciding on going?
D
deleted1036124
+1I hope they are! Has anyone been able to get in contact with them?
I tried calling a few times and went through different extensions which is what I had done the last time and both times I got the option to leave a message. Plus one of the mailboxes was full or something so... not sure what to make of that. Seems like no one is there
For those who have been accepted, in order to receive our financial aid package we must complete an MPN on the student aid.gov website. However, it looks like we can only complete this one time for one school, what if we end up choosing a school other than Meharry? Are we allowed to complete multiple MPN's?
Did Meharry explicitly tell you that we need to complete an MPN in order to receive our fin aid package? Asking because the email sounded like it is needed for the government to release the funds. Another school I got into (DO) released fin aid w/o MPN or entrance counselingFor those who have been accepted, in order to receive our financial aid package we must complete an MPN on the student aid.gov website. However, it looks like we can only complete this one time for one school, what if we end up choosing a school other than Meharry? Are we allowed to complete multiple MPN's?
This is the email I got. I just assumed that it meant we must complete the items on the checklist before we receive our package. I’ll call/email today.Did Meharry explicitly tell you that we need to complete an MPN in order to receive our fin aid package? Asking because the email sounded like it is needed for the government to release the funds. Another school I got into (DO) released fin aid w/o MPN or entrance counseling
Attachments
For those who have been accepted, in order to receive our financial aid package we must complete an MPN on the student aid.gov website. However, it looks like we can only complete this one time for one school, what if we end up choosing a school other than Meharry? Are we allowed to complete multiple MPN's?
EC and MPN are not school specific. These need to be completed before your aid can be disbursed to a school, but you can still be awarded without them.
Has anyone been awarded their financial aid without turning in these documents?
D
deleted1036124
Anyone know how to check the application status online?
D
deleted1036124
Did anyone receive interview invites recently?
I contacted Director Tharpe. She said that fin aid package will not be sent without the MPN and ECHas anyone been awarded their financial aid without turning in these documents?
Has anyone received their package?
Did she say when they would start sending packages?I contacted Director Tharpe. She said that fin aid package will not be sent without the MPN and EC
No, did not askDid she say when they would start sending packages?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was interviewed at Meharry early Feb. High mcat and Gpa. Was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks. Radio silent since. I have called and emailed multiple times with no response. Anyone else having similar issue?
cbulllllll2323
Full Member
interviewed Feb 3. Has been over 9 weeks since the interview. Exact same issueI was interviewed at Meharry early Feb. High mcat and Gpa. Was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks. Radio silent since. I have called and emailed multiple times with no response. Anyone else having similar issue?
Does anyone know if Meharry awards any scholarships?
Last edited:
interviewed Feb 3. Has been over 9 weeks since the interview. Exact same issue
Just emailed them that I am removing my name from consideration. Will update in if they ever respond to this
just got the pre II r from meharry
Stay positive!just got the pre II r from meharry
D
deleted1036124
Did you get a rejection prior to interview invite? What are your stats? When did you apply?just got the pre II r from meharry
mdtobe97
Full Member
So sorry! How did you get the update? I might be in the same boat but I didn’t get an email and I am having trouble logging into the portal.just got the pre II r from meharry
D
deleted1036124
How can you check the status on the application portal? Can you please tell me how?So sorry! How did you get the update? I might be in the same boat but I didn’t get an email and I am having trouble logging into the portal.
mdtobe97
Full Member
Actually, I don’t think there is a portal. I tried to log back into the secondary app.How can you check the status on the application portal? Can you please tell me how?
Would this count as a rejection?
D
deleted1036124
Where did you find this letter? When you logged into the secondary app, where did you find this letter?Actually, I don’t think there is a portal. I tried to log back into the secondary app.
Would this count as a rejection?
View attachment 301612
mdtobe97
Full Member
The secondary portal link expired, so I couldn’t log in there. This letter was sent me via email today.Where did you find this letter? When you logged into the secondary app, where did you find this letter?
Last edited:
D
deleted1036124
Did you interview? Did they send you the letter prior to interview?The secondary portal link expired, so I couldn’t log in there. This letter was sent me via email at 5:52 PM Central Time.
mdtobe97
Full Member
I still haven’t interviewed at this school.Did you interview? Did they send you the letter prior to interview?
D
deleted1036124
When did you apply? What is your stats?I still haven’t interviewed at this school.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent that letter last year to everyone who was rejected. In the past they only invited select persons but starting last year, they invited everyone to apply and then went through a similar application process with waitlist/rejection also
is there any hope left for an interview? I'm just quietly waiting for this R at this point lolThey sent that letter last year to everyone who was rejected. In the past they only invited select persons but starting last year, they invited everyone to apply and then went through a similar application process with waitlist/rejection also
oneheadmanyhats
Full Member
Is there a FB page
Interviewed feb with no response
"Your application is priority and our commitment to application processing has not changed and you will still receive an admissions decision when a final status update is available. Maintaining communication with you during this time is important to us. Thank you in advance for your patience and for understanding."
"Your application is priority and our commitment to application processing has not changed and you will still receive an admissions decision when a final status update is available. Maintaining communication with you during this time is important to us. Thank you in advance for your patience and for understanding."
Last edited:
yeah pre II, applied in june, LM 68 mcat 508, got the rejection in emailDid you get a rejection prior to interview invite? What are your stats? When did you apply?