2019-2020 Meharry

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y'all, I had a friend who got into the 2019 cycle. Didn't even complete his 2* and got an email interview invite...(At least that's what he said). I've never known the dude to tell a lie though. I believe him. I can't help but to wonder how seriously Meharry takes 2*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does it take them long to send out secondaries? Most schools I applied to sent it the day I was verified (7/31) or couple days later.
I had to email them to get my secondary and I still can't access it. I don't think the admissions office is really organized. One person said it was too early for secondaries when people were already receiving them.
 
Does anyone know if they require CASper? I know it's a school listed on the CASper website, but I have not seen any other information posted. Thank you!
 
Is anybody still waiting for the actual secondary? I was verified 7/5...
I was verified on 7/2 and they sent me a secondary last week after I emailed them, but I STILL can't access my secondary. I'm getting the message "Access denied" and "Token expired." So far I'm not liking how disorganized this school is. It's nearly impossible to get in contact with someone from admissions about my issue.
 
I was verified on 7/2 and they sent me a secondary last week after I emailed them, but I STILL can't access my secondary. I'm getting the message "Access denied" and "Token expired." So far I'm not liking how disorganized this school is. It's nearly impossible to get in contact with someone from admissions about my issue.
I've noticed admissions is wrigged to not reply, or send you in a loop back to where you started.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who submitted their secondary: How have you checked the status? All I see is "Submitted", but not sure if they have all my LORs, etc.
 
I called them yesterday and I asked if they do an initial review. The guy said they do a "light screening." Not sure what that means.
My LM is 63 (Latino) and Meharry is 60. Hopefully they haven't screened me out yet lol
 
Last edited:
I called them yesterday and I asked if they do an initial review. The guy said they do a "light screening." Not sure what that means.
My LM is 63 (Latino) and Meharry is 60. Hopefully they haven't screened me out yet lol
You called because you haven't received a secondary, correct?
 
I won’t know until my score comes but I will be submitted before then. Either way from my understanding outside of general admission into the school, this is the only way to be considered for the special master program. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSAR shows a lot applications, are they collecting application fees? It is one the highest number of applications.
 
MSAR shows a lot applications, are they collecting application fees? It is one the highest number of applications.
They likely have one of the highest number of applications because they are among the lowest for avg matriculant MCAT and gpa among allopathic programs. It's a safety school for MD-only applicants and could be a reach for many applicants that have stats better suited for DO schools.
 
They likely have one of the highest number of applications because they are among the lowest for avg matriculant MCAT and gpa among allopathic programs. It's a safety school for MD-only applicants and could be a reach for many applicants that have stats better suited for DO schools.

What's the demographic distribution? My MSAR ran out but since it's a HBCU isn't it already skewed towards minorities/POC? I'm not complaining because I'm in that category, but I'd be surprised that so many people threw their applications at it.
 
I also got an "Access denied" when they emailed me the secondary link. i emailed them back saying i couldn't access it and they said it'll open in august. i checked again in july and it was open so i submitted mine. i was complete since july 13. no word on interviews.
 
Anyone not able to view a checklist or anything?? The portal is lacking on any communication lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
for those who have received secondaries: How long after your initial application did it take to get an email about the secondary application? I got an email about my AMCAS application almost 6 weeks ago but nothing yet about the secondary. Just curious if I should be expecting it