2020-2021 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Meharry has reopened their campus tours? I sent in a request almost two weeks ago and I even left a voicemail and I still haven't gotten a reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any Canadian applicants here who got accepter or are waiting for a reply? I've had no responses since sending in the secondary. Also, are interviews happening in person or virtually?

Are there any Canadian applicants here who got accepter or are waiting for a reply? I've had no responses since sending in the secondary. Also, are interviews happening in person or virtually?
Interviews are virtual

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today!! Can any current students comment on attendance policy, dress code, and if lectures are recorded?

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone, is someone able to send me the link for the Group me? I’m hoping to find out what the housing situation is like/what others are doing. Just called campus housing and it looks like there’s a waitlist. I’m hoping that there are more housing opportunities closer to Vanderbilt’s campus.

Hey everyone, is someone able to send me the link for the Group me? I’m hoping to find out what the housing situation is like/what others are doing. Just called campus housing and it looks like there’s a waitlist. I’m hoping that there are more housing opportunities closer to Vanderbilt’s campus.
Hey PM me your number and I can add u

Could you share some of the recommendations? I'm not in the Group me, but I just received an acceptance. I'm definitely stressing about housing right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Was just accepted a few days ago, is there a group chat that I could be added to? :)

Reactions: 3 users
Could you share some of the recommendations? I'm not in the Group me, but I just received an acceptance. I'm definitely stressing about housing right now.
One person recommended one Metrocenter or 500 fifth. I think I also saw someone mention Capitol Towers and The Louise. I still haven’t signed a lease yet, so I can definitely empathize with your situation.

Hi, does anyone know when is the MHS start date for this August?

Hey y’all, I just got my acceptance earlier this week ✌🏾. Can someone add me to the GroupMe??

Are they still interviewing or do they do silent rejections. I have checked my spam and couldn't find any emails from the school. I have been complete since September and have not heard anything. Just to note, I applied for the MHS program since I didn't hear from the medical school application.

Are they still interviewing or do they do silent rejections. I have checked my spam and couldn't find any emails from the school. I have been complete since September and have not heard anything. Just to note, I applied for the MHS program since I didn't hear from the medical school application.
They don’t do silent rejections.

Has anyone received an invitation to the MHS program instead of an acceptance recently?

I could not say with certainty. Was your invitation received by email from admissions?
Yes from admissions office, I called and she said there had to be a mistake made so I'm not sure what's going on

Anyone knows affordable off campus places around Meharry? I’m tryna solidify a place within the next two weeks.

Anyone knows affordable off campus places around Meharry? I’m tryna solidify a place within the next two weeks.

Parc at Metro is affordable. 8 mins form campus

If you reach out, does meharrry provide applicants with advice on how to improve your application? Like for reapplicants.

Anyone know if Meharry is still interviewing? Still complete silence. Is there usually another wave of rejections?

Anyone know if Meharry is still interviewing? Still complete silence. Is there usually another wave of rejections?
I think they are. If you haven’t gotten a rejection you are still being considered. Sometimes Meharry will accept up until the first day of class if they have open seats

The dental and med school had orientation starting Monday already so not sure if they still are, I would assume the class is about full maybe

The dental and med school had orientation starting Monday already so not sure if they still are, I would assume the class is about full maybe
There’s another orientation for SOM on June 28th. That was a general orientation.

Received an interview invite. I’m excited but do not want to get my hopes up. Definitely praying though. How many seats are they offering this year?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Received an interview invite. I’m excited but do not want to get my hopes up. Definitely praying though. How many seats are they offering this year?

Congratulations! Keep the faith! What's for you cannot pass you! Do you mind sharing your stats and how far out interviews are scheduled?

Does anyone know if they’re still accepting people?? I interviewed in early may and still haven’t heard a decision

Anyone here who is M1 this year got a late MHS acceptance last year??

Hi everyone. I repeat that you should reach out to your interviewer. o received an acceptance most recently but will be rejecting it due to an acceptance elsewhere and the fact that orientation starts this Monday. The school is still int eh process of making their class.

Hi everyone. I repeat that you should reach out to your interviewer. o received an acceptance most recently but will be rejecting it due to an acceptance elsewhere and the fact that orientation starts this Monday. The school is still int eh process of making their class.
So the class isn’t full?

I received an email from Meharry that my application is under review - it is pretty late...any chance I can secure an interview this late? Also, FYI I haven’t received a secondary yet - how likely is it to receive an interview without a secondary?

• June 25th Classes begin. Students that arrive to orientation and transfer or withdraw from classes after June 18th will forfeit their tuition refund and will have a hold placed on their account. Students will also be charged a penalty fee
However, they still interviewing?

I received an email from Meharry that my application is under review - it is pretty late...any chance I can secure an interview this late? Also, FYI I haven’t received a secondary yet - how likely is it to receive an interview without a secondary?
Is probably a mistake class is about to start unless they are recruiting from the last cycle for this year's cycle spots because of the covid delays.

There have been times when people were added to the class the first week of classes. Classes don’t start until June 29th. Our orientation is June 28th

Classes don’t start until June 29th

There have been times when people were added to the class the first week of classes. Classes don’t start until June 29th. Our orientation is June 28th
Which for some who had an interview, and I say is local getting accepted even next Monday, June 28 is feasible, but there are several people getting " your application is now under review" updates pre-interview. which makes it not a feasible timeline with classes starting next Tuesday.

Hey everyone so excited to have received an acceptance. Does anyone know where financial aid information is sent out? Maybe some students from past cycles have some insight? Thanks in advance.
When I called and asked if they had any info regarding what financial aid I'd be eligible for, they said they couldn't tell me until October because that's when their committee meets....

A friend of mine got accepted today to Meharry. Just giving some hope for people. If you haven’t gotten a rejection you still have a chance.

Reactions: 1 users
A friend of mine got accepted today to Meharry. Just giving some hope for people. If you haven’t gotten a rejection you still have a chance.
Thank you so much for sharing! Does Meharry do silent rejections?