2020-2021 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II this evening. The dates offered were next week. I'm definitely excited for this one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any groups for accepted students?
Any updates on fin aid?
There’s a group me if you haven’t seen it.
Fill out your fafsa if you haven’t already and go to Meharry’s finanacial aid page and fill out their MAPS. But considering school doesn’t start until the end of June you don’t have to stress financial aid. They’ll send complete instructions for everything like 2 weeks before classes start.

There’s a group me if you haven’t seen it.
Fill out your fafsa if you haven’t already and go to Meharry’s finanacial aid page and fill out their MAPS. But considering school doesn’t start until the end of June you don’t have to stress financial aid. They’ll send complete instructions for everything like 2 weeks before classes start.
where do you find the MAP form? i see it mentioned under the financial aid section of the site but don’t see how to find the actual form. or is it something the school sends?

where do you find the MAP form? i see it mentioned under the financial aid section of the site but don’t see how to find the actual form. or is it something the school sends?
If there isn’t a link on the website then it’s something they definitely send out in the email. Once you have access to your school portal which is what they refer to as banner then you’ll be able to see all of that stuff. I wouldn’t stress it too much. It’s literally the very last thing to happen when it comes to admissions and considering they still offering interview invites I don’t foresee them sending any financial aid emails out until June at the earliest. It could happen but I doubt it.

II came through yesterday. For anyone wondering:
3.5 cgpa, 3.2 sgpa, 502 MCAT submitted in September some time. Don't remember the exact date.

I just got accepted!!!!! I applied ED I’m literally crying

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! What were your stats?
3.1, 501. Meharry Alumni, I graduated from the MHS program at Meharry in 2020 but didn’t get in the med school right away after the program due to some personal hardships.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone that’s been accepted today!!!! I was also accepted this morning! Does anyone know if we can still choose to the option of plan to enroll today? If so, when is the deadline for commit to enroll for currently accepted students?

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone that’s been accepted today!!!! I was also accepted this morning! Does anyone know if we can still choose to the option of plan to enroll today? If so, when is the deadline for commit to enroll for currently accepted students?
Congrats! What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing? And when did you interview?
And yes you can. Today is the deadline to commit to enroll

Congrats! What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing? And when did you interview?
And yes you can. Today is the deadline to commit to enroll
I interviewed on December 18th.
GPA:3.7
MCAT:501

Just received an acceptance. Interviewed Just yesterday. 3.5 cgpa 3.2 sgpa 502

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
C

Congratulations!! It’s awesome that they are giving quick turnarounds
Thank you! Yes. From what I gathered i. the interview, they are trying to solidify their class in the next 3 weeks so I imagine at this point anyone who interviews will receive a quick reply.

Just received an acceptance. Interviewed Just yesterday. 3.5 cgpa 3.2 sgpa 502

Wow, congratulations!!! I remember you posting a lot in this thread at the beginning of the cycle. Happy to see you receive this good news. You deserve it. :)

• Care
Thank you! Yes. From what I gathered i. the interview, they are trying to solidify their class in the next 3 weeks so I imagine at this point anyone who interviews will receive a quick reply.
Do you know if they’ll be extending anymore interviews or probably not?

Throughout the next 3 weeks they’ll be interviewing and sending acceptances. If you haven’t gotten a rejection then you’re still in the running for a seat in the class.

Reactions: 2 users
Throughout the next 3 weeks they’ll be interviewing and sending acceptances. If you haven’t gotten a rejection then you’re still in the running for a seat in the class.
Ok bet. Thank you!

I don't actually. Sorry...but given the fact I just got my II this week, I'm sure there's going to be a few more.

Just got acceptance last night.
Interviewed Wednesday. Is there a GM or FB page ?

Reactions: 1 users
Wow!!! Giving everyone so much hope!!! I have a 498 mcat, I’m hoping for a chance with Meharry. When did they extend an interview invite?
II was April 23rd. Interviewed this past Wed. and got the A Friday!

• Love
I am grateful times a million to have been accepted to Meharry but now I'm at a cross roads. Background: meharry was the first school I got excited about mainly because of the community focus and HBCU. went to a pretty diverse UG institution and learned some lessons but was really interested in attending an HBCU. After starting the application process, I started seeing things I definitely don't like such as the disorganization, a bit behind as far as facilities and renovations go, super short staffed and just felt like while yes the family aspect is something students rave about, these administrative concerns are a bog deal for me. I can't function with disorganized administration. Further concerns were when talking to some current students. I got the vibe that pretty much Meharry is what it is, not effort towards or consideration of the students perspective. So with that being said I started researching one if my state schools to which I was accepted and honestly I fell in love with it. Loved the organization, timeliness, loved the campus and surrounding community, they have an even smaller class size tha. Meharry, students rave on how accessible the professors are, their sense of community and even mentioned that admin is very responsive to their concerns, level 1 trauma center as well. Not to mention tuition in state would be 30k and I was offered a 10k annual renewable scholarship. SO literally everything feels right at this other school and I'm just so conflicted...its like Meharry was my first love but then a closer look revealed some major concerns for me....I ....so thankful for both opportunities but I hate having to make these hard choices

Last edited:
I am grateful times a million to have been accepted to Meharry but now I'm at a cross roads. Background: meharry was the first school I got excited about mainly because of the community focus and HBCU. went to a pretty diverse UG institution and learned some lessons but was really interested in attending an HBCU. After starting the application process, I started seeing things I definitely don't like such as the disorganization, a bit behind as far as facilities and renovations go, super short staffed and just felt like while yes the family aspect is something students rave about, these administrative concerns are a bog deal for me. I can't function with disorganized administration. Further concerns were when talking to some current students. I got the vibe that pretty much Meharry is what it is, not effort towards or consideration of the students perspective. So with that being said I started researching one if my state schools to which I was accepted and honestly I fell in love with it. Loved the organization, timeliness, loved the campus and surrounding community, they have an even smaller class size tha. Meharry, students rave on how accessible the professors are, their sense of community and even mentioned that admin is very responsive to their concerns, level 1 trauma center as well. Not to mention tuition in state would be 30k and I was offered a 10k annual renewable scholarship. SO literally everything feels right at this other school and I'm just so conflicted...its like Meharry was my first love but then a closer look revealed some major concerns for me....I ....so thankful for both opportunities but I hate having to make these hard choices

Hey, you should post this on it's own thread on school X vs school Y. Go list your perceived pros and cons, I'm sure a lot of people will give you great advice. This is not the thread for that. Super Congrats on your two acceptances. Go with your gut.

Reactions: 2 users

Also, be mindful of those on here who are still waiting to hear back and keep things more Meharry related.

Thank you!! The decision letter was in the portal but I actually got an email notification that the decision had been uploaded. I was pretty surprised because it seems like most people didn’t receive an email, so I would keep checking the portal just in case!
If you don't mind me asking, is this the same portal that you did your secondary on or another one?

I can completely understand where you’re coming from. And honestly. I think this was a very relatable post to post here because this isn’t a school x vs y arguement. This is a very real situation you’ve had to deal with pertaining to Meharry aNd this application cycle that other students in this thread I’ve noticed have also dealt with. It’s gives everyone something to think about regardless waiting on acceptance or not. So thank you for your vulnerability in this matter and not just saying well it’s my first love so I’m going with it. It take a strong person to look another way because you’ve more than likely given a lot of benefit of doubt to your first love. I can personally vouch for the “family aspect of Meharry”. There is nothing like it. But it’s sorta like being in the trenches in war lol. Like how your line sisters/brothers become your very best friends. Cause y’all have BEEN THROUGH IT together. My friends and I joke saying we may learn to do a tracheotomy with a spoon (lack of resources) but we’ll never have to do it alone and we’ll come out MUCH better for it in the end. Ever heard of being Meharry Made? Yehh. Not a joke. Lol it’s real for sure. People in this years class have matched to Yale, and Johns Hopkins, and NYU. So Meharry is more than capable of getting you prepared (as long as you take your appropriate steps too). But with that being said. I’m a student/alumni and it took 3 weeks for someone to email me back about something. So there are definitely flaws too. Pray about it and I know you’ll make the right decision for you.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users