2020-2021 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can completely understand where you’re coming from. And honestly. I think this was a very relatable post to post here because this isn’t a school x vs y arguement. This is a very real situation you’ve had to deal with pertaining to Meharry aNd this application cycle that other students in this thread I’ve noticed have also dealt with. It’s gives everyone something to think about regardless waiting on acceptance or not. So thank you for your vulnerability in this matter and not just saying well it’s my first love so I’m going with it. It take a strong person to look another way because you’ve more than likely given a lot of benefit of doubt to your first love. I can personally vouch for the “family aspect of Meharry”. There is nothing like it. But it’s sorta like being in the trenches in war lol. Like how your line sisters/brothers become your very best friends. Cause y’all have BEEN THROUGH IT together. My friends and I joke saying we may learn to do a tracheotomy with a spoon (lack of resources) but we’ll never have to do it alone and we’ll come out MUCH better for it in the end. Ever heard of being Meharry Made? Yehh. Not a joke. Lol it’s real for sure. People in this years class have matched to Yale, and Johns Hopkins, and NYU. So Meharry is more than capable of getting you prepared (as long as you take your appropriate steps too). But with that being said. I’m a student/alumni and it took 3 weeks for someone to email me back about something. So there are definitely flaws too. Pray about it and I know you’ll make the right decision for you.
I really appreciate you reaching out! Thanks so much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they started/will be sending invites for the masters program for students who applied to the medical school?

How they usually do it is they continuously send invites for the MHS program until the program's seats are filled. I know someone who recently was invited to that program so they are likely still actively inviting.
 
How they usually do it is they continuously send invites for the MHS program until the program's seats are filled. I know someone who recently was invited to that program so they are likely still actively inviting.
Thats good to know, would it be worth reaching out to express interest in the program? I havent been officially denied from the med school but its already may so im looking for alternative routes.
 
Thats good to know, would it be worth reaching out to express interest in the program? I havent been officially denied from the med school but its already may so im looking for alternative routes.


I feel like a general rule of thumb is that expressing interest never hurts. But Meharry does state that they do not take updates. So I'll say it's up to you, it may help or not change anything but if this is what you really want I don't think it will hurt.
 
For those wondering, I called today. They are still finalizing the class and sending interviews. They hope to wrap everything up by the end of the month but will be interviewing until they fill the seats. I was not told how many seats were left or what the desired class size was only that they plan to interview at least until the end of May. So keep hope alive ya’ll!
 
For those wondering, I called today. They are still finalizing the class and sending interviews. They hope to wrap everything up by the end of the month but will be interviewing until they fill the seats. I was not told how many seats were left or what the desired class size was only that they plan to interview at least until the end of May. So keep hope alive ya’ll!
Their class size is 115.
For those wondering, I called today. They are still finalizing the class and sending interviews. They hope to wrap everything up by the end of the month but will be interviewing until they fill the seats. I was not told how many seats were left or what the desired class size was only that they plan to interview at least until the end of May. So keep hope alive ya’ll!
Meharry’s class size is 115.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jj_
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wishing you the best with whatever choice that you made! Would you mind sharing your stats and your application timeline?
502, 3.2 sgpa, 3.5 cgpa, submitted in September. Interview invites came I think a couple weeks ago and I was notified 2 days later of acceptance
 
Are they still interviewing because I haven't received any rejection or interview invite and we are almost getting to June. The website states that classes start on June 28th.
 
Are they still interviewing because I haven't received any rejection or interview invite and we are almost getting to June. The website states that classes start on June 28th.
As I understand it, they're still sending out interview invites until the end of the month. If you haven't heard anything yet, they're still considering you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations and good luck on your future beyond this decline! Would you please mind sharing your stats and application timeline?
Accepted yesterday. Interviewed 3/12. Love this school, but will be declining. Good luck to everyone still waiting. It’s not over yet! 🙂
 
Just received II today. Was complete in September. Will be turning it down, so hope it goes to one of you!

edit: MCAT 510, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7, orm, non trad, extensive community service background
 
Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking how did you receive the II? Was it over email?
Turned down the interview as I already committed somewhere else. MCAT: 506, sGPA: 3.75, cGPA: 3.80, URM, OOS. I was notified via email. Good luck to everyone!
 
Turned down the interview as I already committed somewhere else. MCAT: 506, sGPA: 3.75, cGPA: 3.80, URM, OOS. I was notified via email. Good luck to everyone!
Good luck to you on your medical school journey! Would you mind sharing your application submission timeline?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad