2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary prompts:

Please write a personal mission statement for yourself as a student at CMSRU. How will CMSRU help you fulfill your mission?

In what way do you believe that you made an impact or difference to a group or organization in your life?

Discuss how you have identified and responded to adversity.

Please describe your anticipated educational, employment, volunteer or other activities between completing your AMCAS application and matriculating to medical school.

[1500 characters]

If you select 'Yes' for interested in their three-year Primary Care Program, there's an additional essay (1000 characters):
Please write a short statement that describes your desire to become a primary care Internist or Pediatrician and the qualities that make you an excellent choice for the PC3 track.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Rowan University

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody got a secondary until July 27th last year so we may be waiting a while on this one.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone,

Current M3 here at Cooper. Now that I'm done with the most stressful exam of my life, I decided to make an account to help out the youngins. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to answer them within a reasonable amount of time. In bocca al lupo!

Now that I'm done with the most stressful exam of my life, I decided to make an account to help out the youngins.
Oh noes...I was told the MCAT was going to be the most stressful exam of my life!! :nailbiting:

Oh noes...I was told the MCAT was going to be the most stressful exam of my life!! :nailbiting:
I think you will end up disagreeing. What's stressful about the MCAT is that it's random BS. What's stressful about step 1 is the sheer amount of knowledge that you need to retain and the high stakes of the exam itself. But like everything in life, if you prepare well, you will perform well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
From what I've heard, Cooper secondaries will be sent out in the next couple of days.

This one is up now?? Woo! M2 willing to answer any and all questions so y'all can be the most informed about CMSRU!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I know Cooper screens before sending out secondaries so they're gonna take longer than other schools most likely.
Do you know what they screen for and what the cutoffs are? Or is it a more holistic screen?

Do you know what they screen for and what the cutoffs are? Or is it a more holistic screen?
Current third year. CMSRU definitely screens for dedication to service. As for numeric screening, I'm sure there is a cutoff, but I don't know it (and I'd be shocked if anyone did). The GPA/MCAT average has increased every year since I started...but I'm sure that's the case for every MD school in the country. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Current third year. CMSRU definitely screens for dedication to service. As for numeric screening, I'm sure there is a cutoff, but I don't know it (and I'd be shocked if anyone did). The GPA/MCAT average has increased every year since I started...but I'm sure that's the case for every MD school in the country. Best of luck!
Thank you for the info!

Heard through the grapevine: secondaries are incoming!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got secondary invite. OOS but regional aka across the river.

Please write a personal mission statement for yourself as a student at CMSRU. How will CMSRU help you fulfill your mission?
In what way do you believe that you made an impact or difference to a group or organization in your life?
Please describe your anticipated educational, employment, volunteer or other activities between completing your AMCAS application and matriculating to medical school.

got the secondary, is there no character limit?

Dont know how I got a secondary, I'm waaaaay OOS

Yes heavily- they look for applicants that meet their mission and have a dedication to service specifically
Awesome, thx! Didn't notice that at all!

+1 for secondary OOS.

Uhhh how are we supposed to answer the first question? "Please write a personal mission statement for yourself as a student at CMSRU. How will CMSRU help you fulfill your mission?"

Reactions: 1 users
Yes heavily- they look for applicants that meet their mission and have a dedication to service specifically

Can you provide any more insight onto how "heavily" they screen? OOS but with good service background (IMO haha), does receiving a secondary genuinely mean they are interested or is it a basic "__ MCAT and ___ GPA with ____number of hours gets a secondary"?

Reactions: 2 users
Secondary this morning! OOS with avg stats but heavy ECs :soexcited:

Can you provide any more insight onto how "heavily" they screen? OOS but with good service background (IMO haha), does receiving a secondary genuinely mean they are interested or is it a basic "__ MCAT and ___ GPA with ____number of hours gets a secondary"?
Recieiving a secondary means they are genuinely interested, here is what Cooper values:

OOS secondary received!

Did anyone have trouble getting their password? I entered my AMCAS ID and it said they would send an email with the password link, and it never came in..

EDIT: We good. It just took like 5 min.

OOS secondary received!

Did anyone have trouble getting their password? I entered my AMCAS ID and it said they would send an email with the password link, and it never came in..

EDIT: We good. It just took like 5 min.

hey having trouble with the password, any clue why?

OOS secondary received 9:30 am PST!
It was in my junk folder so double check yours if you haven't gotten one yet!:)

2ndary received. OOS from CA

If you select 'Yes' for interested in their three-year Primary Care Program, there's an additional essay (1000 characters):
Please write a short statement that describes your desire to become a primary care Internist or Pediatrician and the qualities that make you an excellent choice for the PC3 track. @PapaGuava

Different prompts from last year @PapaGuava 1500 character limit

Secondary this morning! OOS with avg stats but heavy ECs :soexcited:

hey do you know how heavily they screen? Like I mean, if you got chosen for a secondary is that good enough news? Like you have a legitimate chance for interview?

Thoughts on discussing helping someone else through their adversity for the secondary?

Thoughts on discussing helping someone else through their adversity for the secondary?
I think schools would prefer to see how you've dealt with your own adversity. Many people are relied on to help friends/family with their challenges but that wouldn't necessarily show your own resiliency.