2021-2022 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CMSRU is a mission-specific school. Though high stat applicants tend to receive earlier interview invites, there are those with formative experiences which align with the school's vision that additionally receive interviews and subsequent acceptances. Every school does not follow this trend, but CMSRU certainly does as documented by it's history.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
yo peeps, got accepted here a couple weeks ago (ayyyyyyyy) lemme know if you got any questions about the interview process or admission process

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools don't publish this information, so we have to rely on what has been reported in the past in places like SDN. Last year, people reported receiving an e-mail on February 10th telling them that Cooper is done with interviews.

When you think about it, it makes sense that they would wait until they are totally done interviewing, since people could still receive IIs many weeks after the school plans to be done sending them out, if people cancel at the last minute. It happens, even now with virtual interviewing. Especially with schools that are not T20.
I interviewed at Cooper last year on March 5, and I think there may have been one or two more dates after that. I received my interview invite on January 6, but I was also complete here late in the cycle. People maybe received an email on February 10 saying that Cooper was done sending out interview invites.

Last edited:
I interviewed at Cooper last year on March 5, and I think there may have been one or two more dates after that. I received my interview invite on January 6, but I was also complete here late in the cycle. People maybe have received on February 10 saying that Cooper was done sending out interview invites.
Then I guess they didn't make allowances for last minute cancellations. The e-mail definitely said the interview cycle was over.

Last edited:
Are there high priority and regular waitlists? What are the chances of getting off of regular waitlist? How early/late do they notify?

I think there are, but my email didn't say whether I'm high priority or regular :/
From what I am reading now, there is definitely a high priority list and those placed on it, are actually notified by email of such placement. Just wondering how many high priority and regular waitlisted candidates are there and actual movement or chances of being accepted. I do understand that high priority have a very good chance.

From what I am reading now, there is definitely a high priority list and those placed on it, are actually notified by email of such placement. Just wondering how many high priority and regular waitlisted candidates are there and actual movement or chances of being accepted. I do understand that high priority have a very good chance.
Just wanna chime in here that this is probably an exception, but it is possible to get in off the normal WL - one of my friends did last year

Got placed on the high priority WL :/ OOS w slight ties to the region

• Love
Did anyone else receive an email saying your application couldn't be presented to the admissions committee, and that it will be presented next week? (I interviewed last week)

Also, if I remember correctly from last year (I'm a reapplicant), if you're placed on the high-priority WL, you'll be specifically told that, but if you're on regular WL, the email will just say that "you have been placed on our Waitlist for acceptance".

Did anyone else receive an email saying your application couldn't be presented to the admissions committee, and that it will be presented next week? (I interviewed last week)

Also, if I remember correctly from last year (I'm a reapplicant), if you're placed on the high-priority WL, you'll be specifically told that, but if you're on regular WL, the email will just say that "you have been placed on our Waitlist for acceptance".
Wow interesting, do you know if the high priority WL means you have a good chance of being accepted?

Just wanna chime in here that this is probably an exception, but it is possible to get in off the normal WL - one of my friends did last year
That is awesome! Do you recall when approximately your friend was contacted with the acceptance?

Are there high priority and regular waitlists? What are the chances of getting off of regular waitlist? How early/late do they notify?

Wow interesting, do you know if the high priority WL means you have a good chance of being accepted?
Current M1 here - I interviewed March 5, was put on regular waitlist the next week. And got off the waitlist on May 3. I'm pretty sure the earliest they accept people off the waitlist is April 30. I think generally they take everyone off of the priority waitlist, and a good number off of the regular waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Current M1 here - I interviewed March 5, was put on regular waitlist the next week. And got off the waitlist on May 3. I'm pretty sure the earliest they accept people off the waitlist is April 30. I think generally they take everyone off of the priority waitlist, and a good number off of the regular waitlist.
Thank you for your reply! Were you accepted elsewhere prior to hearing from Cooper and paid the deposit elsewhere to hold your seat /proceeded to rent housing? Just wondering how things are done when applicants are accepted off of the waitlist late in the cycle (May/June) and the steps one needs to take to proceed from that point on once you decide to accept the new acceptance offer instead? Thanks again

Thank you for your reply! Were you accepted elsewhere prior to hearing from Cooper and paid the deposit elsewhere to hold your seat /proceeded to rent housing? Just wondering how things are done when applicants are accepted off of the waitlist late in the cycle (May/June) and the steps one needs to take to proceed from that point on once you decide to accept the new acceptance offer instead? Thanks again
If you're holding an acceptance, you'll definitely want to pay the deposit for at least one school prior to April 30 so you can hold your seat there. Then if you're accepted off of the waitlist elsewhere, you'll need to pay a new deposit for the new school. Housing/rent market is different in every city. You can google to see when you need to start looking for housing in any particular city.

I thought I’d come on here to demystify a few things. I was placed on the Priority Waitlist Oct. 15. The email definitely makes that clear: “At this time, based on the decision of the Admissions Committee, you have been placed on our Priority Waitlist for acceptance.”
I then received the acceptance call mid Nov., which I was so surprised to receive since I thought I wouldn’t hear back until May!

Last edited:
Current M1 here - I interviewed March 5, was put on regular waitlist the next week. And got off the waitlist on May 3. I'm pretty sure the earliest they accept people off the waitlist is April 30. I think generally they take everyone off of the priority waitlist, and a good number off of the regular
I thought I’d come on here to demystify a few things. I was placed on the Priority Waitlist Oct. 15. The email definitely makes that clear: “At this time, based on the decision of the Admissions Committee, you have been placed on our Priority Waitlist for acceptance.”
I then received the acceptance call mid Nov., which I was so surprised to receive since I thought I wouldn’t hear back until May!
Congratulations!!! Did your email mention anywhere when you should anticipate to hear back if anything?

Congratulations!!! Did your email mention anywhere when you should anticipate to hear back if anything?
Thanks! They didn't say exactly when... it just said "Candidates accepted from the waitlist will be notified of their status change immediately, and this process most often occurs in late spring to early summer."

Thank you so much - I appreciate it!!

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does cooper accept pre-ii update letters?

Got waitlisted again... :/

Good luck to everyone else!

So happy to share that I've received an acceptance for the CMSRU MD Class of 2026, through a call around noon today! I wish you all great vibes for the remainder of this cycle :)

• Love
To those whom are accepted, do you know which day we have until we must pay to reserve our seat at CMSRU?

Anyone who didn't get off the waitlist last year or got rejected after their interview??

Are there any interview dates left or are we just waiting for a rejection?

I personally felt like my interview was fine. I will say that the admissions committee member that had access to my application seemed to lead most of the interview because most of the questions were asking me about specific service/clinical experiences I had. However, both interviewers were very engaging and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Hey y'all! For those that got accepted, I made a facebook group for all us to use to get to know one another a little better! I see it as a place where we can link up to hang even before we start! It'll definitely be a good place for everyone looking for roommates as well so don't be shy and join up! The group is called "Cooper Medical School Class of 2026"

Last edited:
priority waitlist just now

• Care
Interviewed here today and I have fallen in love even more with this school. For future applicants, be yourself on interview day and take it easy!!

WL just now with no mention of priority. Is this essentially a R? In state applicant and thought I was a mission fit for the school

WL just now with no mention of priority. Is this essentially a R? In state applicant and thought I was a mission fit for the school
I also got WL with no mention of priority. It means we're on the regular WL. Not necessarily an R since people in past years have gotten in from the regular WL, but the chances aren't amazing.