2019-2020 Rowan (Cooper)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! IS. LM 75. Complete 7/31

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all! Is everyone with an II today a 7/31 completer?

Congrats to all the II peeps! This is one of my top choices and hope I receive the same love :’)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone that got an II today! when are the interview dates if anyone has a chance to look and report back?

They're all on Fridays, and my choices were between 9/6 and 9/13.

Reactions: 4 users
II as well! Instate, LM 72, completed 8/1

Reactions: 1 users
anyone's letters still not checked off even though they are submitted?

Me too. The portal has all letters but it is not checked
My committee letter was sent late July and secondary was submitted very early August, is this worth emailing the school about? I am still not complete.

II! OOS, no ties, and happy as can be :)

Reactions: 1 user
Are they reviewing in the order that people submitted?

Members don't see this ad :)
First II this round!! OOS, LM ~69, complete 8/2

Hmmmm complete 7/31, but no contact yet. Safe to say I'm prob on hold or something like that?

Also RD, so unsure if people who got II are ED!

Last edited:
Doesn't cooper screen service? Just wondering because I got their secondary in less than an hour haha

I don't think they screen very heavily. Anecdotally I know someone who got a secondary with 0 volunteering.

Submitted secondary and was complete 08/06. Heard nothing since. Does this mean I'm out of the running for II?

Submitted secondary and was complete 08/06. Heard nothing since. Does this mean I'm out of the running for II?
no- the people who seem to have receive II were complete 7/31-08/02, they receive applications quickly but give them a little more time!

Hmmmm complete 7/31, but no contact yet. Safe to say I'm prob on hold or something like that?

Also RD, so unsure if people who got II are ED!

Nah I was regular, not ED!

Thoughts on discussing helping someone else through their adversity for the secondary?

I was wondering the same thing. I think my most impactful story revolving adversity probably involves helping a friend work through their own. I'm leaning towards just going with my first instinct and using that story.

Anyone still don't have their letters marked as received?

Anyone still don't have their letters marked as received?
They said they hand mark them, so they may have received them from AMCAS, but have to manually mark them as received on their portal.
Guess it's just taking time. I called a while back when mine weren't marked and was told they only have 3 people doing it in batches, so just wait it out.

Freebie: I also asked if I was getting a secondary, and they asked for my gpa/mcat, and said I would, but wouldn't disclose any details on cutoffs/etc. Guess there isn't any heavy EC/service screening until after you submit secondary?

Anyone submit after 08/02 and hear back?

First II this cycle! So excited for this school!!
OOS, no ties, very non-trad, LM 67, submitted/complete 08/02, II today.

Reactions: 3 users

Could you elaborate on "very non-trad"?

Also, does anyone have the MSAR and could post application>Interviews> acceptances (instate vs out of state)

Any updates on II?

The wait is killer since it's my top choice.

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you who got interviews did the email come in the morning or afternoon? I submitted a few minutes before my friend. We were complete on the same day, but she got her interview this morning. Does this mean my app was likely reviewed already since it seems like they are going in order?

For those of you who got interviews did the email come in the morning or afternoon? I submitted a few minutes before my friend. We were complete on the same day, but she got her interview this morning. Does this mean my app was likely reviewed already since it seems like they are going in order?
Was she complete just before you? Perhaps they assign apps to specific reviewers. Have faith!

When were you complete. 8/6 here and nothing yet.

Congrats on the interview invite!! I hope you don't mind me asking. Did you receive the interview invite email in the morning? I am wondering if they are done being sent for today since its the afternoon already

I added this school on 8/1 but still have not received a secondary. No ties to the state, but lots of work in underserved communities. Emailed, no answer. Should I take an L at this point?

I added this school on 8/1 but still have not received a secondary. No ties to the state, but lots of work in underserved communities. Emailed, no answer. Should I take an L at this point?

Might consider calling them, but strange that they haven't responded to your email. When did you send one?

For reference I added them on 8/9 (Friday), and got a secondary on 8/12, the next Monday. I'm ORM and also OOS with no regional ties and lots of underserved volunteering.

Might consider calling them, but strange that they haven't responded to your email. When did you send one?

For reference I added them on 8/9 (Friday), and got a secondary on 8/12, the next Monday. I'm ORM and also OOS with no regional ties and lots of underserved volunteering.
Thanks! I'll call them. I emailed them earlier this week, checked spam, nothing. I mean it's totally possible I didn't pass their screen, but I should call just to double check.

I think it was a little too soon to email. Considering you added it 8/1 and you emailed earlier this week that would mean less than 2 weeks? You will probably still get it soon

Did anyone else who was complete on 08/02 get interview invites this morning? or does anyone know if they are done reviewing people who were complete on 08/02?

does anyone know how often the committee meets or how often II invites go out?

I was expecting IIs yesterday or today... looks like we're waiting til next week
I know interviews went out this morning because my friend got one but I'm not sure how many went out or what date they are up to for reviewing

I know interviews went out this morning because my friend got one but I'm not sure how many went out or what date they are up to for reviewing
It is still early in the cycle! Don't sweat it too much

Hello everyone,

Current M3 here at Cooper. Now that I'm done with the most stressful exam of my life, I decided to make an account to help out the youngins. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try my best to answer them within a reasonable amount of time. In bocca al lupo!

Hi, there!
I'm in the process of writing the secondary on how CMSRU will fulfill my mission. I've looked at the school's website and see that it focuses heavily on service and a collaborative environment. What do you specifically like about your school? Specific programs? I have a lot of experience volunteering for underserved communities, and feel like I would be a good match. Thank you for taking the time to help me out!!!