2019-2020 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Back from out of country, waitlisted on 2/12 MCAT 506, undergrad GPA 3.25 SMP GPA 4.0

Members don't see this ad.

I’m thinking of sending an LOI (letter of intent) but I’m not sure who to send the email to. Should I send it to the dean or to the comadmissions email?

I’m thinking of sending an LOI (letter of intent) but I’m not sure who to send the email to. Should I send it to the dean or to the comadmissions email?

I sent mine to the dodoc email, they then forwarded it to the admissions committee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted Wednesday
Interviewed 2/21
Says they don’t release the rank, anyone have inside on their process at all?

Reactions: 1 user
WHERE ARE THE BOARD SCORE RESULTS?????? ANYONE PLZ.

Reactions: 5 users
I got an II Feb 20th and selected March 13th as interview date. I'm waiting on those board results.

On interview day 2/21 she said they are still waiting and they won’t be officially posted online until late summer. She said reasoning for this is that they are waiting for the National statistics of the new blue print to be released and they won’t publish until they have those.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
On interview day 2/21 she said they are still waiting and they won’t be officially posted online until late summer. She said reasoning for this is that they are waiting for the National statistics of the new blue print to be released and they won’t publish until they have those.
Why does that matter ?

Do admissions decisions come by email or do they call those that are accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got this email from admissions after asking about it:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to officially report our pass rates at this time as it is still pending. I am sorry that I do not have information to share yet as I understand it can be a big factor in your decision. We are confident in our inaugural class’ ability to succeed on COMLEX, and know many have. We hope to have the official information by mid-April. "

Goro said today UIW should have its board scores up by now and that this is not a good sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I would 100% attend here if they taught incarnate word spell casting in their curriculum

• Haha
Has anybody checked into other schools and whether Board results have been released?

Will low board scores effect their accreditation?

I honestly don’t think so, considering William Carey had a 72% first time pass rate on their inaugural class and less than average pass rates on their next few classes and they still received full accreditation. *not that we should be comfortable if UIW has the same percentages* And while I completely agree with everyone that it doesn’t look good not posting scores at this point, I’ve heard from an attending student it sounds like ~80% first time pass. I’m guess this inaugural class had a tough time with the curriculum.
Adjustments.JPG
Adjustments.JPG

Yeah. I got acceptances at both back in October. I wanted to stay in Texas so I chose UIW since neither of them had comlex scores. I’m regretting that decision SOOOO hard right about now. LOL
Could you explain the acceptance process? I presume once a prospective student receives an acceptance, they have a limited window in which they must confirm or deny the acceptance offer. If a student does confirm the acceptance, are they somewhat bound to their decision? So as in a case such as yours, you mention that you accepted UIWSOM but are now reconsidering. Do you have the authority to withdraw an acceptance without penalty? Thanks!

*Edit: I hope this makes sense

I understand your humor. I hope they release the scores soon!

I'm curious if any of you received an email from UIW to apply for their graduate programs at the University of the Incarnate Word School of Professional Studies. I had an interview in August and got waitlisted. I haven't received any replies yet, so I am worried if they are sending me this email because I am at the bottom of their waitlist.......

I'm curious if any of you received an email from UIW to apply for their graduate programs at the University of the Incarnate Word School of Professional Studies. I had an interview in August and got waitlisted. I haven't received any replies yet, so I am worried if they are sending me this email because I am at the bottom of their waitlist.......

I haven’t received anything, but you may just be on the email list. I am not sure

do they ask follow up questions during the MMI or must you talk for the entire time at each station?

do they ask follow up questions during the MMI or must you talk for the entire time at each station?
They do ask a couple follow up questions at most stations. If you have extra time you can talk to them about questions you have or you can step outside the room and wait. You do not need to talk the whole time. I felt like the amount of time I got was perfect, as there was only one station that I finished early in.

They do ask a couple follow up questions at most stations. If you have extra time you can talk to them about questions you have or you can step outside the room and wait. You do not need to talk the whole time. I felt like the amount of time I got was perfect, as there was only one station that I finished early in.

+1

TBH, I really enjoyed interviewing at this school! They really know how to put you at ease.

In my experience, I was surprised by the amount of conversation involved between the interviewer and myself. Obviously, provide your initial response and this will lead to additional follow-up questions or opinions from the interviewer.

I only had one interviewer that didn't ask extra questions and that station ended early. Seems like it did for almost everyone else as well though.

Does the school notify you via email if you have been waitlisted?

I haven’t received anything, but you may just be on the email list. I am not sure

You never received and email stating the waitlist remains active in mid February?

You never received and email stating the waitlist remains active in mid February?

Yes I did receive that email, I did not receive anything about graduate programs though

Accepted last Wed! Interviewed 2/22. Pretty sure I'll commit to going here! Looking forward to meeting the rest of you! :)

Accepted last Wed! Interviewed 2/22. Pretty sure I'll commit to going here! Looking forward to meeting the rest of you! :)

Congrats! Would those recently accepted mind telling us your stats or a LM score?

Congrats! Would those recently accepted mind telling us your stats or a LM score?

~LM 63-64. I was definitely surprised to get in, as I sent in my primary to this school in Feb. Moral of the story is, it's never too late to apply!!

Does anyone know if admissions decisions are being affected by COVID-19? Interviewed 2/28 and getting antsy for an answer. :)

Does anyone know if admissions decisions are being affected by COVID-19? Interviewed 2/28 and getting antsy for an answer. :)
the past two weeks at least, they have been releasing decision Wednesday morning. Feb 28th is the next date that they havent released, so Im sure COVID-19 has set things back : ( and its been radio silence today

• Sad
the past two weeks at least, they have been releasing decision Wednesday morning. Feb 28th is the next date that they havent released, so Im sure COVID-19 has set things back : ( and its been radio silence today
I completely understand that there are probably more important discussions they need to be having... but my anxiety doesn't comprehend that. Haha

• Haha
It's shocking to witness the impact this novel virus has on our nation (as well as the surrounding nations).