2019-2020 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m thinking OOS silence so far is almost certainly a waitlist/R and would be in line with how long has operated the last few years.
Do you know of any OOS that have been accepted today? It doesn’t look like it on this forum...but of course it may just not be that representative. Dr. Kellaway said that they’d give out the majority of their OOS acceptances today.

Members don't see this ad :)
what portal? The same one we used to interview? Guess mine hasn't been updated

Yeah that portal. They must be updating them one at a time or something idk. I got the email/portal update at 9:30ish CST

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah my portal still has the interview tab, no email yet

Reactions: 1 users
The OOS interviewees I know have either prematched way earlier or had silence today.
Cool. Yeah I know one person (OOS) who has Pre-matched here. How many do you know of? Dr. Kellaway said there would be a few OOS Pre-matches, but not many.

Also, let me just say that personally, I’m pretty certain that I’m getting the waitlist or R—just feeling like it’s gonna be my luck.

I’m assuming we will be receiving more info in the next coming days for those of us who matched?

Yeah that portal. They must be updating them one at a time or something idk. I got the email/portal update at 9:30ish CST
I matched here. Portal has welcome and interview. Guess I'll wait then. lol but super stoked to be coming to Long.

I prematched and then matched today! Idk if I should be expecting an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey my fellow OOSers, I just called in to see when we can expect to hear back (I only did this because of the email Dr. Kellaway sent me about OOSers finding out on match day) and I was told that we’ll be hearing back in the next few days, or perhaps within a week. I didn’t speak with Dr. Kellaway—she has clinic today and had been very busy. However, the person I spoke with said that they hadn’t given out all of the acceptances for OOS. In fact, she didn’t think that they had sent out any OOS acceptances today.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey my fellow OOSers, I just called in to see when we can expect to hear back (I only did this because of the email Dr. Kellaway sent me about OOSers finding out on match day) and I was told that we’ll be hearing back in the next few days, or perhaps within a week. I didn’t speak with Dr. Kellaway—she has clinic today and had been very busy. However, the person I spoke with said that they hadn’t given out all of the acceptances for OOS. In fact, she didn’t think that they had sent out any OOS acceptances today.
Thank you for checking friend!

Hi! Does anyone know if Long offers merit based scholarships and if so when do they release them? Thank you!

Random question, but does Long embroider your name on your white coat? I know some schools do and some schools don't. @current students!

Quick question, does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for the class, or a GroupMe or something?

Random question, but does Long embroider your name on your white coat? I know some schools do and some schools don't. @current students!

So I personally got a scholarship when I received my email notification for prematching. They aren't giving out any full rides right now as far as I know.

So I personally got a scholarship when I received my email notification for prematching. They aren't giving out any full rides right now as far as I know.
I think you meant to reply to the other guy

Soooo is there a facebook group or anything?

Reactions: 8 users
Didn't match here, and just got an email saying that I'm part of an unranked "wait pool." Since it's unranked, does anyone know how admissions selects candidates moving forward?

To my fellow OOSers: I’m sure y’all saw the email today about the wait pool and OOS acceptances. If you haven’t, here’s part of it:

“Since you interviewed with us here at Long School of Medicine, you remain in our Wait Pool. (We do not send out any further official notification.) It is not a ranked list, hence the term Wait Pool!

We do expect to offer some Out of State acceptances very soon.”

From what I understand, if I don’t receive an acceptance when they give out their batch of OOS acceptances “very soon”, then I can consider myself waitlisted (even though there’s no official email sent out). Can we please make a promise to one another to post on here if one of us gets an acceptance in the next few days?? The fact that they still have OOS acceptances to give out gives me a glimmer of hope that I could still receive one. But if tomorrow or Friday, I see someone get an acceptance, then I can be settled with my situation as waitlisted and be a little more realistic with my hopes.

Reactions: 6 users
Soooo is there a facebook group or anything?

Breaking my lurking streak to let y'all know the page is up. It's not much yet, but come say hi! It'll be nice to start getting to know future classmates (especially if you're committed to Long, but I get that not everyone is at that point in their process yet)

Reactions: 3 users
Any OOSers hear back yet?
No for me. We’ll have to wait to see if any others heard back, but it looks like we might be waiting until Monday or Tuesday.

So last week I did not match at Long (the only TMDSAS school I interviewed at), and was getting ready to reapply but somehow just got the acceptance email!! There is hope friends!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
So last week I did not match at Long (the only TMDSAS school I interviewed at), and was getting ready to reapply but somehow just got the acceptance email!! There is hope friends!

Congratulations, you really beat the odds, perhaps you should also play a lottery ticket, lol.

Long time lurker here, in an insane turn of events the exact same thing happened to me just now!! Congrats :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Well congrats to both of you!! Maybe they haven’t sent out any OOS acceptances because they’ve been so focused on finishing up their in-state population?? One can only hope!

What schools, if any, did you guys rank Long over? Just curious

What schools, if any, did you guys rank Long over? Just curious
I ranked long over mcgovern & UTMB. Didn't like UTMB too much (not a big fan of the surroundings), and felt like I had equally good experience at mcgovern vs long. My girlfriend's a gradstudent at UT Austin, so I just put long over mcgovern haha

Reactions: 5 users
I ranked long over mcgovern & UTMB. Didn't like UTMB too much (not a big fan of the surroundings), and felt like I had equally good experience at mcgovern vs long. My girlfriend's a gradstudent at UT Austin, so I just put long over mcgovern haha
Lol awesome. That’s a nice tiebreaker

+1 to getting off the waitlist! I can't believe it!

Reactions: 3 users
This is a LONG wait for us OOSers, isn't it?

+2 Just got off the waitlist here! So excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Reactions: 2 users