2019-2020 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should OOS give up at this point? :_(

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of a specific question, but have any admitted students had their tmdsas pcr be audited by the registrar and be notified of a course deficiency? Starting to go through the matriculation process.

Yeah, the email implied that as long as you complete the required class and send them proof by June 30, then you're good.

Last edited:
Have any of you been able to access the scholarship application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of a specific question, but have any admitted students had their tmdsas pcr be audited by the registrar and be notified of a course deficiency? Starting to go through the matriculation process.
Yes, they will notify you via your LSOM outlook email

Have any of you been able to access the scholarship application?
I have! It depends on when you sent your FAFSA once they process that you get access to it. I submitted mine in Feb and the first batch that they cleared was 2 or 3 weekends ago.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS students waiting to hear back, don't give up hope yet! Last year there was a lot of movement for OOS students in my class, including myself, throughout May. I know it's a long (hah) wait, but hang in there.

-current MS1

Reactions: 5 users
I am on the waitlist of another school and I got the AMCAS message for commit to enroll vs. plan to enroll. I just wanted to confirm that selecting plan to enroll indicates that I would still like to keep my WL position? Also, besides doing that on AMCAS do you have to contact your school and notify them of your choice between planning to enroll or committing?

Reactions: 1 users
I am on the waitlist of another school and I got the AMCAS message for commit to enroll vs. plan to enroll. I just wanted to confirm that selecting plan to enroll indicates that I would still like to keep my WL position? Also, besides doing that on AMCAS do you have to contact your school and notify them of your choice between planning to enroll or committing?
You can PTE to your AMCAS school by April 30. Be sure to check that actual school's web page for directions on their deadline on when you would need to change that to CTE (Commit to Enroll).
You can stay on the TX WL until you commit. If you were withdrawing from any AMCAS schools, you would need to email them individually in addition to not choosing them as PTE or CTE. Choose Your Medical School tool

I withdrew an IS acceptance a few days ago as well. Good luck WL gang!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. If anyone has access to MSAR could you post what the avg age of a matriculant at Long is? Just for curiosity's sake

Just got accepted off of the waitlist!!! In-state, LM75. So excited and relieved as I was preparing to reapply!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got accepted off of the waitlist!!! In-state, LM75. So excited and relieved as I was preparing to reapply!

Welcome aboard my dude! Just in time for welcome weekend :)

Has anyone else gotten off the WL? I keep getting Dr. Kellaways emails and getting my hopes up *weeps*

Has anyone else gotten off the WL? I keep getting Dr. Kellaways emails and getting my hopes up *weeps*

when was the last email sent ? Just wondering if they silently rejected me and removed me from the Mailing list or something cuz the last time I got an email was a long time ago.

when was the last email sent ? Just wondering if they silently rejected me and removed me from the Mailing list or something cuz the last time I got an email was a long time ago.
I got off the waitlist 2 days ago! I'm OOS - so it's possible! I haven't gotten any newsletter emails since 3/18.

Reactions: 3 users
I’m in the same boat and haven’t gotten any update emails!

Reactions: 1 user
I received a Volume 7 update on 3/18, Volume 8 update on 4/3, and Volume 9 update on 4/23. I'm still on the WL though. Not sure there's any correlation here, but who knows?

So wait I’m confused: for people who got As after being on the WL, do you still get update letters? Or are those reserved for WL people?

So wait I’m confused: for people who got As after being on the WL, do you still get update letters? Or are those reserved for WL people?
I recently got off the waitlist a few days ago, and I was still getting "Notes from Long" with the most recent one on 04/23. I am not sure if it matters if you are getting those updates or not in regards to your waitlist status. One email i feel is important is the "Notes from Long" sent on 02/05 that states you are receiving it because you have been placed in the wait pool. I believe everyone who interviewed is automatically placed in the wait pool so unless you withdrew you should still be in the wait pool.

I recently got off the waitlist a few days ago, and I was still getting "Notes from Long" with the most recent one on 04/23. I am not sure if it matters if you are getting those updates or not in regards to your waitlist status. One email i feel is important is the "Notes from Long" sent on 02/05 that states you are receiving it because you have been placed in the wait pool. I believe everyone who interviewed is automatically placed in the wait pool so unless you withdrew you should still be in the wait pool.
Thank you!

Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist! I had a quick question regarding how they notified yall, was it via email or call? Thanks :)

I've been getting Dr. Kellaway's update emails since I interviewed. I matched here and continued to get them and still get them.

Has Long released the match list for 2020?
I'm not aware of a match list, but here is some info they sent out to us, for the curious:

"
This year’s match is the best we have had in recent memory. Our overall match rate is 99.5%. Among our residency applicants, 17.2% matched at UT Health San Antonio programs, 20.3% will stay in San Antonio, and 47.4% will remain in Texas.

Many of our applicants are going into primary care with 44.2% matching into a primary care specialty. In addition, LSOM applicants are going to great institutions all over the country, in fact, 21.8% are going to US News & World Report top 25 research medical schools and 20.3% are going to US News & World Report top 25 primary care medical schools.

We had students match into 23 different specialties. The popular specialty is medicine at 16.3% followed by emergency medicine at 11.2%. The chart below shows the top five by the numbers.

Overall Match Rate99.5%
UT Health San Antonio17.2%
Texas47.2%
San Antonio20.3%
Top 25 (Research)21.8%
Top 25 (Primary Care)20.3%
Primary Care44.2%
image001.png

"This is a reflection of the talent of the class of 2020. The interim report on their Step 2 CK shows a 100% pass rate with an average score that is 6 points above the national mean. "

Pretty exciting stuff!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get an email this morning reporting that their account had an immunization hold?

Nah, I’m on the waitlist as well.

“Dear Student,

This is to notify you that an immunization hold has been placed on your account. The hold will not be removed until your immunization information has been submitted and verified by Student Health Services. “

“Dear Student,

This is to notify you that an immunization hold has been placed on your account. The hold will not be removed until your immunization information has been submitted and verified by Student Health Services. “

I am on WL and did not recieve that email.

“Dear Student,

Maybe you’ve been accepted. I’d give them a call.

It's been awfully quiet since May 1st :( Anyone been accepted since then? Hoping we hear some good news next week.

It's been awfully quiet since May 1st :( Anyone been accepted since then? Hoping we hear some good news next week.
It would* be an actual dream come true.

Last edited:
Hoping that Long starts offering spots to those of us without an acceptance. Third cycle 73.7 nada.

Withdrew my A from here today! Hopefully someone gets off the waitlist!

Reactions: 6 users
Also just sent an email withdrawing my acceptance from here today! I hope one of you gets my spot! Best of luck :)

I just got off the waitlist today @ 5:18 PM!!! In-state, LM 72.

Reactions: 7 users
I also got off the waitlist recently but will be declining my offer. Best of luck to my fellow OOS applicants!