2019-2020 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hope today is not the only day for waitlist acceptance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are we all of the mindset that at this point the bulk of waitlist movement has happened and at best a hand full of offers may trickle out over the next three months?

• Sad
Are we all of the mindset that at this point the bulk of waitlist movement has happened and at best a hand full of offers may trickle out over the next three months?

Starting the cycle over again. Waitlist movement was so minimal this year :/ good luck to those lucky few who get in after this!

I wouldn’t give up hope yet! I was offered a position off the waitlist (so excited!!) and I have a week to decide... not sure what my decision is yet, but I’m sure movement will definitely still happen - it just might be slow!!

I wouldn’t give up hope yet! I was offered a position off the waitlist (so excited!!) and I have a week to decide... not sure what my decision is yet, but I’m sure movement will definitely still happen - it just might be slow!!

You're definitely right! There are absolutely still spots that will open up! Thank you for the encouragement and best of luck with making your decision :)

Per Dr. Harrison's email just now: from mid-may until matriculation last year, 15 people were accepted off the WL! That's not terrible! (although this year does seem a little lower)

Per Dr. Harrison's email just now: from mid-may until matriculation last year, 15 people were accepted off the WL! That's not terrible! (although this year does seem a little lower)
Does anyone know how many waitlist spots are generally given out? I'm not sure if this information is publically available but it would be nice to know.

Does anyone know how many waitlist spots are generally given out? I'm not sure if this information is publically available but it would be nice to know.

This is pure speculation, but given that they rarely reject post-interview, and they interview >300 people every cycle, I’m going to say they probably WL enough applicants to fill their class several times over.

As frustrating as it has been to be in limbo at WSU since interviewing in August, I have to say that I appreciate how they have tried to keep WL’ed applicants in the loop throughout the cycle, with Dr. Harrison even informing us about exactly how many they have taken off the WL in past years. I’ve been on several other WL’s, and they have not been nearly as informative. I will probably end up leaving the WL here as I got into a school that I think would be a better fit (albeit more expensive), but I think they’re taking a respectable approach to transparency in regards to admissions relative to many other schools.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard anything since Dr. Harrison's email on Sunday?

Nothing here. I would imagine they need to wait until the deadline for applicants to accept/decline their seat for the offers they made already. But who really knows

Members don't see this ad :)
I think there should be another round of offers coming soon. I recently declined my acceptance from the first round of wait-list offers. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting

Was just invited to a zoom call with the Dean tomorrow morning! No other details were given. WL and interviewed 11/4

Reactions: 1 users
Was also invited to zoom call tomorrow morning! Interviewed 2/3. Received the call at 10:42am this morning from a 509 Spokane area code!

Have any more offers gone out recently? Any update would be greatly appreciated.

Is it possible that the seats are filled, hence no new offers going out? (Really hoping this is not the case!)

Email from Dr. Harrison just now:

"All,

I know you are anxiously awaiting any news about the waitlist. As I mentioned below, we made offers to fill open seats in mid-May. I have shared in other emails that movement once we hit the summer months slows down quite a bit. It’s an unprecedented year, however, so I wouldn’t be surprised at anything at this point! At this point, things are moving along on par with what I have seen in prior years. Here is some data to help you put that into context – in the past years, below is the number of waitlist offers we made from this week to matriculation:

2019: 4

2018: 5

We do have one seat open in the class that will be filled next week. I know this is likely not feel-good news, however as I have mentioned in the past, please continue to push forward.

I know that there are those on the waitlist who currently have other offers. If you are no longer interested in our program, please contact my office ([email protected]) to withdraw from the waitlist. This allows us to make offers to those who are still considering us and this is very important as we get closer and closer to matriculation.

I hope y’all are doing okay in this difficult time (on so many levels). I wanted to share the email Dean Tomkowiak sent out to the students, faculty, and staff yesterday (see attached).

Best,

Dr. Harrison
"