2020-2021 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For the 2/26 interview group when did they say we would hear back again? Is it this week?
Nevermind. Waitlisted :/
I thought the interview went so so well too.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also waitlisted

• Care
Keep your heads up guys. My interview felt like it went really well. Im on the WL too. Compared to previous cycles, there's a ton more WL and R's being given out. The thought is there might be more WL movement this cycle but who knows. I have heard various different things from different adcoms.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I feel like since everyone has been able to attend every interview they get (since they don’t have to physically go there), there will likely be a lot more people with multiple acceptances (so more withdrawals incoming?) and less overall people with interviews (so higher chance of A for each individual applicant?). Both of these outcomes are beneficial to us on the waitlist lol. Fingers crossed for us!

Yeah I feel like since everyone has been able to attend every interview they get (since they don’t have to physically go there), there will likely be a lot more people with multiple acceptances (so more withdrawals incoming?) and less overall people with interviews (so higher chance of A for each individual applicant?). Both of these outcomes are beneficial to us on the waitlist lol. Fingers crossed for us!
I hope you’re right. Hopefully everyone gets into their top choices and frees up some space for us to get into ours 😭

Reactions: 1 user
There will be movement around the end of April when the AMCAS deadline applies.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You got off the waitlist in 4 days? That’s amazing congratulations!!! Did you send any update or LOI post decision?
Thanks! It was definitely a surprise. I actually didn’t send any update, and I for sure wasn’t expecting the waitlist to move this quickly. Crazy turn around time!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has there been in As lately?
Yes! I was accepted this morning! Received an email, but my microsite status has not updated yet, and I have not received a phone call. Hope it wasn't an error! I'm looking at apartments rn lol

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get in :(

How was the interview btw? I interview this Friday and am nervous lol. How was the environment etc?
Aye congrats on the interview!! I hope it goes well :) but I thought it was pretty relaxed for the most part. I didn’t get any weird questions and everything was as expected like why DO, why this school, about my extracurriculars, etc. The interview itself was 30 min but there was a presentation after that took forever tbh. But other than that, everyone was really nice!! Don’t be nervous! You got it!

Aye congrats on the interview!! I hope it goes well :) but I thought it was pretty relaxed for the most part. I didn’t get any weird questions and everything was as expected like why DO, why this school, about my extracurriculars, etc. The interview itself was 30 min but there was a presentation after that took forever tbh. But other than that, everyone was really nice!! Don’t be nervous! You got it!
That's great to hear thanks! Is it only one 30 minute interview or are there two? Thanks again!

Any dice on sending a letter of intent to ACOM after being waitlisted? What's the news on what to do? I know PCOM says specifically not to, just wondering how ACOM sees them. Would love to attend here. Waitlisted sometime early March, interviewed late February.

Any dice on sending a letter of intent to ACOM after being waitlisted? What's the news on what to do? I know PCOM says specifically not to, just wondering how ACOM sees them. Would love to attend here. Waitlisted sometime early March, interviewed late February.
I sent one and got accepted off the wl, but N=1

Anyone know how long the interview day is? Start to end time?
For the individual interviews themselves, you are given a time slot between 9 AM - 12 PM CST. Then there is a break until 1 PM, the information session with the dean and faculty members is from 1 PM - 3 PM, and then lastly the optional Q&A panel with current ACOM students is from 4 PM - 5 PM'ish.

Do they only send interview invites after you have turned in your CASPER score? I am taking it tomorrow and it probably won't be available for a couple weeks, so I'm nervous...

Do they only send interview invites after you have turned in your CASPER score? I am taking it tomorrow and it probably won't be available for a couple weeks, so I'm nervous...
Are you sure that you took the Casper for the 2021 cycle? This cycle is very close to over. When I interviewed they were scheduling until April. Casper takes 2-3 weeks I believe and they won't review apps until application is 100% complete

Does anyone know how to withdraw from this school after you’ve already paid the deposit? I have been emailing admissions, but nobody is responding. I’m hoping my seat goes to one of you, but ACOM has yet to confirm my withdrawal!

They don't have pass-fail here right? It still a letter grade with A-F grades?

I talked to an interviewer on Tuesday, if you get an interview at this point it's pretty much for a WL spot, if you are just getting CASPER in then ill be honest your chances arent great unless you are a superstar.

Is attending lectures required?
right now no but you have to log onto zoom for certain activities. They have said they have made no decision on what the attendance policy will be in the fall.

right now no but you have to log onto zoom for certain activities. They have said they have made no decision on what the attendance policy will be in the fall.

We got an email from Tara stating they are expecting in person classes to resume this upcoming semester. Is this incorrect?

We got an email from Tara stating they are expecting in person classes to resume this upcoming semester. Is this incorrect?
From what I hear that’s right. I was referring more to the mandatory attendance policy.

Nothing official, but The rumor I've heard is that we might be going to something less than the 60/40. no idea how true that is though
IDK if anyone from the school frequents these threads (they prob do or at least should) but please do this.
It would definitely make students choose this school over others. Also less emphasis on in-house exams, just buy the NBME tests that other schools use so students can study board resource materials, which is the ultimate test we have to pass to continue on with our education. I don't see any net negatives to standardizing medical educations from school to school.

Does anyone know how late they are interviewing this cycle?

Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or unranked? And has anyone been accepted off the waitlist recently?