2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone else gotten off the priority waitlist? i'm losing my mind waiting lollll
how does one know that they were on the priority waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is their class full at this time? Only going to be hearing PWL or WL?

Members don't see this ad :)
just received the acceptance email off the priority waitlist!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people who have been on the normal waitlist since the early part of the cycle (July-Novemberish) even have a chance at this point or is just priority?

i had my interview in december 2022 and was not told anything about a priority WL, my friend interviewed january 2023 and she said during the info session part was told about the priority WL. i agree i dont think there was a priority WL before jan 2023.

+1 I don't think there was any priority WL before then was it?
I’ve been on the waitlist since the first week of august and nobody from those early sessions ever mentioned anything about the priority waitlist. Crushes me honestly, this school is close to home for me

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been on the waitlist since the first week of august and nobody from those early sessions ever mentioned anything about the priority waitlist. Crushes me honestly, this school is close to home for me
Same 🥲 Except I was WL'd in November... The only thing we can do is manifest at this point lol

Reactions: 2 users
Do people who have been on the normal waitlist since the early part of the cycle (July-Novemberish) even have a chance at this point or is just priority?
I personally know at least 4+ classmates that were accepted in June, and one of them interviewed in April and received the call a week before classes. This is the first year they made a "priority" wait list, but ACOM has historically pulled people off their wait-list until the very last minute. Don't lose all hope!

ACCEPTED OFF REGULAR WAITLIST!! Interviewed 7/29. This is so close to home. I’m crying.

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED OFF REGULAR WAITLIST!! Interviewed 7/29. This is so close to home. I’m crying.
King Yes GIF

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Did you send an update or LOI recently?
I’ve sent a billion LOI’s to them. Sent one back in august. Set an update letter with my final grades & reiterated my initial LOI in December. Sent another LOI just elaborating on why I want to go there and why I feel like ACOM is a strong fit for me. And then just sent an email last weekend asking about how the waitlist works and again reiterating my LOI. I was definitely annoying but figured it will make them remember my name lol and now I get to stay close to home. My dream.

Have to break my newly signed lease across the country though so that’s fun 😂

I’ve sent a billion LOI’s to them. Sent one back in august. Set an update letter with my final grades & reiterated my initial LOI in December. Sent another LOI just elaborating on why I want to go there and why I feel like ACOM is a strong fit for me. And then just sent an email last weekend asking about how the waitlist works and again reiterating my LOI. I was definitely annoying but figured it will make them remember my name lol and now I get to stay close to home. My dream.

Have to break my newly signed lease across the country though so that’s fun 😂
Wow, really happy for you and super glad your effort paid off! Thanks for the info!

Good luck with your lease haha, I know that’s super annoying but worth it in the end!

Congrats man! Did you find out via email?
They called me and asked if I was still interested in ACOM, and after I said yes she offered me a spot. Then I received an email. Still hasn't updated in the portal/mini-site though which of course is triggering my neuroticism lol

Reactions: 2 users
They called me and asked if I was still interested in ACOM, and after I said yes she offered me a spot. Then I received an email. Still hasn't updated in the portal/mini-site though which of course is triggering my neuroticism lol
That’s awesome! Haha, I’m sure you’re still good. Congrats again. Gives the rest of us on the regular waitlist some hope

Got an email asking to please respond if I will still like to be considered for acceptance since I’m waitlisted. Not an acceptance but could be good news or just a tease

Got an email asking to please respond if I will still like to be considered for acceptance since I’m waitlisted. Not an acceptance but could be good news or just a tease
Sounds like good news to me! Are you on the regular waitlist? When did you interview and when were you waitlisted? Did you send an update?

Sounds like good news to me! Are you on the regular waitlist? When did you interview and when were you waitlisted? Did you send an update?
Didn’t send an update letter. Interviewed back in Feb 3rd and was waitlisted Feb 10. It was the regular waitlist I was put on, Had a very good experience interviewing

Didn’t send an update letter. Interviewed back in Feb 3rd and was waitlisted Feb 10. It was the regular waitlist I was put on, Had a very good experience interviewing
Okay thanks! Congrats and hoping for good news for you!

Officially withdrew my spot here, hope it goes to one of y’all!

+1, I got the same email! Just withdrew my spot on the waitlist though since I got accepted at another school. Wishing the best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from ACOM!

+1, I got the same email! Just withdrew my spot on the waitlist though since I got accepted at another school. Wishing the best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from ACOM!
Congrats on getting accepted! Do you mind telling when you interviewed, and if you were on the regular or priority waitlist?

I did not receive the email but I also just sent in an updated LOI last week so I wonder if that’s why? (I’m on the regular waitlist)

Congrats on getting accepted! Do you mind telling when you interviewed, and if you were on the regular or priority waitlist?
Sorry for the confusion, I was never accepted at ACOM. I just got the same email (saying that they are utilizing their waitlist to fill vacant seats and if I remain interested to respond.) But I was accepted at a different school I prefer, so I withdrew from the waitlist at ACOM today.

I interviewed in September and was on the regular waitlist. Also would like to clarify that they specified that the email does not guarantee acceptance for anyone worrying that they didn’t get the same email! Good luck to everyone! :)

Does anyone know when the final interview is and when to expect regular waitlist movement?

just got off the waitlist!! not priority waitlisted but received the same email earlier this week and confirmed my interest!

got off the waitlist today! anyone able to share when they received the follow up email about the deposit? maybe im being neurotic here lmao but I just wanna make sure its real haha

Reactions: 4 users
got off the waitlist today! anyone able to share when they received the follow up email about the deposit? maybe im being neurotic here lmao but I just wanna make sure its real haha
About 24 hours after. I was also super neurotic and thought it was a mistake lol

Interview in November and WL in November. Nothing about a priority WL either lol. Didnt head anything from them until last week when I received the email asking if I was still interested.