2022-2023 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the waitlist is definitely moving because I just got taken off of it today and offered an acceptance- interviewed in October

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
That’s awesome! Hoping i get that email/call soon my stress levels just keep rising😭

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted off regular WL yesterday. interviewed sometime in March

Reactions: 3 users
Got off the waitlist but I am declining acceptance so hopefully it goes to one of you guys

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Did you call admissions? do you have any advice for those on the waitlist currently
I did not call, though I had gotten an email on 22 May asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist, to which I said yes; then they emailed me a week later with an acceptance email. I did send an update letter, coincidentally on the same day they accepted me - I would definitely consider sending something similar if you haven't already. Fingers crossed for you!!

Man quiet week on the forum, here’s to some of us getting in off the waitlist this week
1686525123165.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone received one of the emails asking if they are still interested and not been accepted? Or, has anyone been accepted in the last month or so without receiving one of those emails?

Getting so antsy! Hoping all of those waiting hear good news soon!

I got that email on Thursday of last week so I’m hoping i get to follow the trend of getting accepted the week after receiving the email! I will keep y’all posted and good luck to everyone!
1687195930724.gif

I got that email on Thursday of last week so I’m hoping i get to follow the trend of getting accepted the week after receiving the email! I will keep y’all posted and good luck to everyone!View attachment 373235
I got it too but then I read it again and it seemed more generic and like everyone on the waitlist got it so now I’m sad hahah! Probably just me overthinking though!

I got it too but then I read it again and it seemed more generic and like everyone on the waitlist got it so now I’m sad hahah! Probably just me overthinking though!
Hopefully we can get in together this week sending out good vibes for us!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the A today! After being on the waitlist for almost a full year it finally has happened. Thank you to everyone for the support I wish you all the best!

Reactions: 6 users
I got the A today! After being on the waitlist for almost a full year it finally has happened. Thank you to everyone for the support I wish you all the best!
ME TOO!!! After interviewing at ACOM 2 years in a row and being on the waitlist for monthsss!!! Best day of my lifeeeee!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats guys! I also got that email about interest last Thursday so I’m hoping I get the A soon too!!

Random question, but have they sent out the acceptance boxes yet?
I believe they said they'll give it during orientation so that only students that matriculate receive it

Accepted in early June off the regular waitlist! Interviewed last November & sent a letter of intent as well as follow up emails of interest. The months-long wait has been tough but there is hope! Hang in there!

Last edited:
Also, I know Summerfield is fully booked for Fall 2023.

For current ACOM students: where do you most of you guys live? And for incoming ACOM students: where are you planning to live? I’d really like to be in an area where there’s a good number of other med students.

I’d really appreciate some recs. Thanks in advance!!
Current student, starting 3rd year this July. About half of our class was at Summerfield, but other apartments with a significant number of students included Magnolia Preserve and Highland Hills. Some rentals should also hopefully be opening up-- a lot of them are "handed down" from student to student each year. A lot of those will be posted on the class Facebook pages or on Discord, so definitely keep an eye out for listings. Best of luck!

Everyone: Feel free to reach out any time with questions. Glad to help!

Reactions: 2 users
How do we get access to the Facebook group and discord if we were recently accepted?

How do we get access to the Facebook group and discord if we were recently accepted?
I'm not sure if you have to request access to the Facebook group or if you'll be automatically added. It's called "ACOM Class of 2027!" and is run by ACOM Student Life. As far as the discord goes, I'm sure there are invite links in the Facebook group or maybe in a Groupme somewhere-- I'm not 100% sure what the Class of 2027 has setup. Sorry that I can't be more helpful!

Reactions: 2 users
Current student, starting 3rd year this July. About half of our class was at Summerfield, but other apartments with a significant number of students included Magnolia Preserve and Highland Hills. Some rentals should also hopefully be opening up-- a lot of them are "handed down" from student to student each year. A lot of those will be posted on the class Facebook pages or on Discord, so definitely keep an eye out for listings. Best of luck!

Everyone: Feel free to reach out any time with questions. Glad to help!
Thank you so much!!

I was accepted off the Waitlist yesterday, interviewed end of February. Anyone who has already been accepted know how long it may take for the matriculation paperwork to be sent to me so I can get it going, start deadline is coming up quickly.

I was accepted off the Waitlist yesterday, interviewed end of February. Anyone who has already been accepted know how long it may take for the matriculation paperwork to be sent to me so I can get it going, start deadline is coming up quickly.
Congrats on being accepted! Did you get the email last week asking if you were still interested?

Congrats on being accepted! Did you get the email last week asking if you were still interested?
I didn’t get any emails about being interested, but I did send a Letter of Intent in either April or May don’t remember exact date off top of my head

You will most likely get the matriculation documents on Monday!

Hey everyone congrats to all those recently accepted to ACOM! I did post a couple months back about a house that I am moving out of that is about three minutes away from campus. The landlord is looking for a new student to move in and the proximity to school is hard to beat!

I am also done with board exams(Level 1 and STEP 1) for the Summer now, so if anyone has general questions not pertaining to the house I am also more than happy to try and provide guidance there as well.

Congrats again everyone.

Just got the A!! Thank you to everyone who’s given me any amount of help in this thread. Never lose hope 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also got off the waitlist! Admissions isn’t picking up the phone though. Does anyone know how long we have to decide?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just in case it takes some time to get into the Facebook group, I'd like to expedite the process by saying I will be attending ACOM, and looking for a roommate. If anyone else is looking for a roommate, please PM me! I’m 25m, coming from Florida, and a stickler when it comes to cleanliness.

Last edited:
Hey gang!

Just got the A from ACOM and I’m literally 12 days from moving to the other school I am committed to lmao.

ACOM was my first choice when I interviewed back in Aug, because it gets me closer to home. However, at this point on campus housing is full with a hefty waitlist. The closest apts are 20 minuted away and my concern is my distance + late acceptance will isolate me and limit my ability to form a support system. Any thoughts current students?/accepted students living off campus hmu lol.

Also if there’s a link to the accepted students groupme I’d appreciate it :)

• Love
Hey gang!

Just got the A from ACOM and I’m literally 12 days from moving to the other school I am committed to lmao.

ACOM was my first choice when I interviewed back in Aug, because it gets me closer to home. However, at this point on campus housing is full with a hefty waitlist. The closest apts are 20 minuted away and my concern is my distance + late acceptance will isolate me and limit my ability to form a support system. Any thoughts current students?/accepted students living off campus hmu lol.

Many students live off campus!
Also, I don’t think being accepted late is gonna be a big deal with forming a support system because most students will be meeting each other for the first time during orientation.

Hey gang!

i’d look into magnolia preserve! a good amount of ppl are living there and there’s still rooms available. there’s still postings on the accepted students fb/groupme about housing so don’t stress too much

i’d look into magnolia preserve! a good amount of ppl are living there and there’s still rooms available. there’s still postings on the accepted students fb/groupme about housing so don’t stress too much

Is there a way to get into the accepted students fb/groupme? I only have today to make my decision so I'd love more input 😭.

Many students live off campus!
Also, I don’t think being accepted late is gonna be a big deal with forming a support system because most students will be meeting each other for the first time during orientation.
Thank you so much for the reassurance 🤧! Do you have any insight on the combo molec/anatomy? I'm a BIOE and I love all that squishy science stuff, but I'm just worried its a lot to handle on top of the transition. Other schools I've looked at seemed to space it out more.

I would echo what "seafoodgalore" has said, many students live off campus and being a late acceptance will make very little difference in terms of meeting other students.

Molec/Anatomy was a trying time for a lot of students to be sure, of course the healthy majority of students do make it through that phase and it's my understanding there is a little bit more wiggle room in terms of failing and being able to continue the academic year (with a remediation following the next summer). In the past a 69.4 was enough unfortunately to cause someone to have to sit out the rest of the year and join the next years class.

Last edited:
I would echo what "sortasteadyhands" has said, many students live off campus and being a late acceptance will make very little difference in terms of meeting other students.

Molec/Anatomy was a trying time for a lot of students to be sure, of course the healthy majority of students do make it through that phase and it's my understanding there is a little bit more wiggle room in terms of failing and being able to continue the academic year (with a remediation following the next summer). In the past a 69.4 was enough unfortunately to cause someone to have to sit out the rest of the year and join the next years class.
Thank you so much for the info!

I'm literally 12 days from moving to the other school I had been accepted at when ACOM threw me this giant curveball. ACOM has always been my top choice, but they're requiring I make a decision by tonight; want it to be a good one!

This would not be my first anatomy/molec rodeo as my BS is in bioengineering. Just with all that I've read on the forums its spooking me a bit!

Thank you for everyone's input!

I decided to take the A at ACOM and I have rescinded my acceptance from my other school. It hurt for sure, but I feel I've made the best decision for me :giggle: !!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have a 501 MCAT and was accepted here after their interview and not put on the waitlist? Seems like they put a bunch of people on the waitlist and that’s discouraging :/

Hey guys just got the call today! I was accepted to another school but ACOM was waaaay closer home and it's also much established. Do you guys have any info for new students? I already checked the FB group but I got nothing. Any tips for apartments too?

Hey guys just got the call today! I was accepted to another school but ACOM was waaaay closer home and it's also much established. Do you guys have any info for new students? I already checked the FB group but I got nothing. Any tips for apartments too?
Many medical students are staying at Magnolia. I know someone who is currently looking for a housemate right now. PM me if you're interested.

I just placed my deposit to ACOM for fall 2024! I wanted to see if anyone could share the current rent price for a 1 bed / 1 bath unit at Summerfield (specifically the epsy model), knowing that the prices are probably going to increase next year. Thank you in advance!

I just placed my deposit to ACOM for fall 2024! I wanted to see if anyone could share the current rent price for a 1 bed / 1 bath unit at Summerfield (specifically the epsy model), knowing that the prices are probably going to increase next year. Thank you in advance!

The price I pay per month for my 1bed/1bath is 1185 and that includes utilities! Any other questions let me know!