You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Baylor
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Avocadon't.
New Member
II today, complete 10/6
IS, LM 75.3, WARS 100
IS, LM 75.3, WARS 100
Tikkitytaalik
Full Member
Do any of you guys that have already gone through Baylor's interview process have any tips and/or tricks for completing the VITA? Just got the invitation yesterday after I received my II on Wednesday. Also, for practice, did y'all just do the practice VITA online and look over your apps, or did you guys also do something else in addition to this to prepare? Thanks in advance!
Edit: Also @CowBoy98, I'm IS. Sorry, didn't see your question yesterday
Edit: Also @CowBoy98, I'm IS. Sorry, didn't see your question yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Med1325
New Member
Hey! I don't know if this would help but the VITA is based on 5 core competencies: Social Skills, Cultural Competence, Teamwork, Reliability and DependabilityDo any of you guys that have already gone through Baylor's interview process have any tips and/or tricks for completing the VITA? Just got the invitation yesterday after I received my II on Wednesday. Also, for practice, did y'all just do the practice VITA online and look over your apps, or did you guys also do something else in addition to this to prepare? Thanks in advance!
Resilience and Adaptability. These are on their website. So what I did was I wrote my down experiences that reflected those core competencies so I could have stories to back anything that I said and that really helped me when I took it.
Tikkitytaalik
Full Member
Super helpful, thanks!Hey! I don't know if this would help but the VITA is based on 5 core competencies: Social Skills, Cultural Competence, Teamwork, Reliability and Dependability
Resilience and Adaptability. These are on their website. So what I did was I wrote my down experiences that reflected those core competencies so I could have stories to back anything that I said and that really helped me when I took it.
IS for meAll who received II , can you please post whether IS or OOS , that would help OOS students like me .
D
deleted1079462
I saw a few II's come out a few days ago. Does anyone expect Baylor to send more out in January, or is it about over for this cycle?
Baylor accepts post-II LOIs but not updates. Is it okay to sprinkle some updates into the LOI? especially b/c I feel like the updates are relevant to why I want to attend Baylor.
Yes, some of the most effective LOIs include purposeful updates in addition to stating your intent to enroll if admitted. You can just relate whatever updates you have back to your intent/reasoning for why Baylor is such a strong fit for you which will help it naturally read like a LOI, even though it includes a few updates.
coconut_milk
Full Member
II an hour ago! LM 72.7/complete October 24
Last edited:
II MSTP today!! C:10.25, last interview date available
D
deleted1079462
Congrats! What date was available?II an hour ago! LM 72.7/complete October 24
IS or OOSII an hour ago! LM 72.7/complete October 24
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
when do y'all think the January A wave will be?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seamilk
Full Member
Congrats! What date is the last interview?II MSTP today!! C:10.25, last interview date available
coconut_milk
Full Member
They only offered me January 22, I'm guessing someone canceled an interview or something.Congrats! What date was available?
I'm ISIS or OOS
This is not their last date. I was originally offered January 15th, but needed to reschedule, so then was offered January 29th. Historically, Baylor interviews a little later than TMDSAS schools and even they are interviewing into February this year. Anyway, congratulations!They only offered me January 22, I'm guessing someone canceled an interview or something.
I'm IS
Jan 22nd, there's a list on their website as well if that helpsCongrats! What date is the last interview?
Last day is early February, it was on the post interview surveyJan 22nd, there's a list on their website as well if that helps
coconut_milk
Full Member
That makes sense, I'm glad they're doing more. I guess I was just very surprised they gave me an interview at all, lol.This is not their last date. I was originally offered January 15th, but needed to reschedule, so then was offered January 29th. Historically, Baylor interviews a little later than TMDSAS schools and even they are interviewing into February this year. Anyway, congratulations!
D
deleted1079462
Just to be sure, has anyone here been scheduled for a February interview yet?Last day is early February, it was on the post interview survey
+1! I was really surprised too!That makes sense, I'm glad they're doing more. I guess I was just very surprised they gave me an interview at all, lol.
I've heard Baylor is preclinical P/F; do they use NBME exams for preclinical years?
mdphd_hopeful_7353
Full Member
Any MSTP Acceptances yet?
Current MS2. P/F, use in-house exam questions. Not NBME or USMLE based.I've heard Baylor is preclinical P/F; do they use NBME exams for preclinical years?
Hzreio said:
Baylor accepts post-II LOIs but not updates. Is it okay to sprinkle some updates into the LOI? especially b/c I feel like the updates are relevant to why I want to attend Baylor.
Yes, some of the most effective LOIs include purposeful updates in addition to stating your intent to enroll if admitted. You can just relate whatever updates you have back to your intent/reasoning for why Baylor is such a strong fit for you which will help it naturally read like a LOI, even though it includes a few updates
~~~~~
Just one opine here from an old geezer Dad (I don't have much of a life, so I sometimes drop by to post here)!
Based on ONE EXPERIENCE (now dated: 2012), it probably cannot hurt to include "purposeful updates."
Our daughter (an OOS applicant) sent TWO LOI's/updates. One noted a truly impressive update: she had been chosen the most accomplished (including academics) sorority girl on campus (among > 1,000) at a prestigious technical school. When she got her offer in early May from the WL, the Admissions caller SAID that he was reading her LOI/update letter as he dialed. My sense has been that BCM likes to be loved, no matter how reflexive that might become. YMMV.
Getting into BCM proved to be IMMENSE...she later SMOKED the STEP's (93rd percentile) which meant that any specialty was open to her (she chose Ortho and LOVES IT), and she was granted interviews at some of the most prestigious residency programs. With the 50% merit scholarship, we concluded that she had saved over $70k over our lone IS PUBLIC medical school, even as an OOS student @ BCM.
Ergo, BCM was not only a top 5 program for competitive entry (average LM's), but also an amazing value/bang for the buck. 🙂👍
Last edited:
D
deleted1079462
II! Complete mid-November! LM77. Interview date on January 29.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
II received, two questions.
1. Is there a deadline to complete VITA, besides by interview day?
2. I am a dual citizen to US and India (born in the US), so do I need to upload my Green Card to the pre-interview portal?
1. Is there a deadline to complete VITA, besides by interview day?
2. I am a dual citizen to US and India (born in the US), so do I need to upload my Green Card to the pre-interview portal?
I believe baylor asks you to complete your VITA two weeks before your scheduled interview.II received, two questions.
1. Is there a deadline to complete VITA, besides by interview day?
2. I am a dual citizen to US and India (born in the US), so do I need to upload my Green Card to the pre-interview portal?
AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions
Congratulations! You have been invited by Baylor College of Medicine to complete the AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions (VITA). The AAMC VITA...
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
II received, two questions.
1. Is there a deadline to complete VITA, besides by interview day?
2. I am a dual citizen to US and India (born in the US), so do I need to upload my Green Card to the pre-interview portal?
If you were born in the US, how do you have a green card?I believe baylor asks you to complete your VITA two weeks before your scheduled interview.
![]()
AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions
Congratulations! You have been invited by Baylor College of Medicine to complete the AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions (VITA). The AAMC VITA...www.bcm.edu
That one clearly states you don't need to include it if it doesn't apply.If you were born in the US, how do you have a green card?
India and US have dual citizenship? If you were born in US, you are a US citizen with probably an OCI card from India. If you hold an Indian passport, you are an Indian citizen probably on a visa or green card.II received, two questions.
1. Is there a deadline to complete VITA, besides by interview day?
2. I am a dual citizen to US and India (born in the US), so do I need to upload my Green Card to the pre-interview portal?
this is correct.India and US have dual citizenship? If you were born in US, you are a US citizen with probably an OCI card from India. If you hold an Indian passport, you are an Indian citizen probably on a visa or green card.
Born in the US means US passport and not a greencard.
If parents moved back with a child as Indians they could have declared him/her an Indian citizen. People obtain OCI cards if they are still in US or moved to India temporarily.
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
Appreciate it thanks!I believe baylor asks you to complete your VITA two weeks before your scheduled interview.
![]()
AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions
Congratulations! You have been invited by Baylor College of Medicine to complete the AAMC Video Interview Tool for Admissions (VITA). The AAMC VITA...www.bcm.edu
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
Yeah sorry got thinks mixed up. I have an OCI card.India and US have dual citizenship? If you were born in US, you are a US citizen with probably an OCI card from India. If you hold an Indian passport, you are an Indian citizen probably on a visa or green card.
Cool. In that case, you don't have a green cardYeah sorry got thinks mixed up. I have an OCI card.
Is it too early to send a LOI?
coconut_milk
Full Member
Does Baylor let interviewees know who their faculty interviewer will be?
Yes, they will send you an interview schedule with the names of your interviewers the day before your interview dayDoes Baylor let interviewees know who their faculty interviewer will be?
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
Hey yall, welcome to the second half of this cycle! When are we predicting the January A wave will be?
Carbonara37
Full Member
Friends, I too am waiting anxiously for the next waves of As.
Taking last year's Baylor SDN thread as a frame of reference, I saw that some people got As around Jan 21-22. According to a student that interviewed on Jan 17 that cycle, the interviewer said that "they had lots of spots left". Another wave of As was Feb 13-14, then Apr 20 or so.
Taking the Baylor SDN thread from two years ago as a frame of reference, I saw that some people got As around Jan 29-30, then Feb 28-Mar 1, then Apr 9-10.
My impressions are that Baylor fills up most of their spots through the Jan and Feb A waves. Also, once early Apr hits, releasing of As does not seem as structured, which kind of makes sense I guess.
Hope this is helpful and accurate to some extent. All the best, everyone!
Taking last year's Baylor SDN thread as a frame of reference, I saw that some people got As around Jan 21-22. According to a student that interviewed on Jan 17 that cycle, the interviewer said that "they had lots of spots left". Another wave of As was Feb 13-14, then Apr 20 or so.
Taking the Baylor SDN thread from two years ago as a frame of reference, I saw that some people got As around Jan 29-30, then Feb 28-Mar 1, then Apr 9-10.
My impressions are that Baylor fills up most of their spots through the Jan and Feb A waves. Also, once early Apr hits, releasing of As does not seem as structured, which kind of makes sense I guess.
Hope this is helpful and accurate to some extent. All the best, everyone!
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
Thank you, you're the best!Friends, I too am waiting anxiously for the next waves of As.
Taking last year's Baylor SDN thread as a frame of reference, I saw that some people got As around Jan 21-22. According to a student that interviewed on Jan 17 that cycle, the interviewer said that "they had lots of spots left". Another wave of As was Feb 13-14, then Apr 20 or so.
Taking the Baylor SDN thread from two years ago as a frame of reference, I saw that some people got As around Jan 29-30, then Feb 28-Mar 1, then Apr 9-10.
My impressions are that Baylor fills up most of their spots through the Jan and Feb A waves. Also, once early Apr hits, releasing of As does not seem as structured, which kind of makes sense I guess.
Hope this is helpful and accurate to some extent. All the best, everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
The very important applicant emailDoes anyone know which is the proper e-mail to send a letter of intent?
+2I think I did okay on my VITA, but there was loud sounds on one of my questions that I couldn't control and now I feel terrible. Did someone who didn't do too great on vita, get in? Please make me feel better lmao
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
I've definitely heard people thinking they've flubbed VITA but got in anyway (not Baylor specific). Schools definitely know uncontrollable things can go wrong and the fact that it's a pretty awkward format anyway. I wouldn't worry about it at all.I think I did okay on my VITA, but there was loud sounds on one of my questions that I couldn't control and now I feel terrible. Did someone who didn't do too great on vita, get in? Please make me feel better lmao