You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Baylor
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You need to tie it to something the school does which is the reason you are interested in the school.Do major updates included in a letter of intent hold any weight in terms of admissions decisions?
"I have this publication or conference paper accepted and btw research is a big reason I would like to attend BCM because BCM provides great opportunities to their students to do research"
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
For previous interviewees, around what time did y'all receive the interview link and time slot the day before the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pls Baylor release decisions today :^)
Interviewing tomorrow too. I also haven't gotten my information. Good luck tomorrow!For previous interviewees, around what time did y'all receive the interview link and time slot the day before the interview?
marinarasauce
New Member
I got an email with the interview links/schedule the day before my interview around 5pm!Interviewing tomorrow too. I also haven't gotten my information. Good luck tomorrow!
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
Good luck to you too friend!Interviewing tomorrow too. I also haven't gotten my information. Good luck tomorrow!
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
I'll be on the lookout!I got an email with the interview links/schedule the day before my interview around 5pm!
Making sure you got yours? I got mine at 3:51.I'll be on the lookout!
RobotApplicantBender
Full Member
Got mine at the same time.Making sure you got yours? I got mine at 3:51.
Looks like no A's this January 😳
I interviewed today and they said no one would be accepted in the next two weeks, as the admissions committee wouldn't be meeting again for that amount of time. Good luck, everyone!Looks like no A's this January 😳
Correct me if I'm wrong but did they also say that we (1/29 interviewers) wouldn't be in that same batch either? I could have sworn I heard late Feb/Early march or something close to that.I interviewed today and they said no one would be accepted in the next two weeks, as the admissions committee wouldn't be meeting again for that amount of time. Good luck, everyone!
senoracacahuate
New Member
Hello, so I interviewed at Baylor and am just finishing my pre-reqs this semester but I had a question about the Expository Writing requirement. I noticed that it says Political Science and History are both included as courses that can meet the requirement, but when I spoke to my advisor about it I was told my courses would not be counted since less than 50% of the grading were writing assignments. I also tried emailing Baylor but I was just referred to my advisor. I understand why my courses may not meet the requirement, however, do you all think Baylor will look at the courses I have taken to see whether they meet the requirement for expository writing?
I am wondering if any of you have had a similar issue or if you know how I can get in contact with Baylor to ask them directly about the course.
I am wondering if any of you have had a similar issue or if you know how I can get in contact with Baylor to ask them directly about the course.
I think this is a great question for the VIA email address. That way you know if you need another course in time to squeeze one in.Hello, so I interviewed at Baylor and am just finishing my pre-reqs this semester but I had a question about the Expository Writing requirement. I noticed that it says Political Science and History are both included as courses that can meet the requirement, but when I spoke to my advisor about it I was told my courses would not be counted since less than 50% of the grading were writing assignments. I also tried emailing Baylor but I was just referred to my advisor. I understand why my courses may not meet the requirement, however, do you all think Baylor will look at the courses I have taken to see whether they meet the requirement for expository writing?
I am wondering if any of you have had a similar issue or if you know how I can get in contact with Baylor to ask them directly about the course.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't catch that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think we'll be hearing from this school at about the same time that we hear about the TMDSAS match. Good luck!Correct me if I'm wrong but did they also say that we (1/29 interviewers) wouldn't be in that same batch either? I could have sworn I heard late Feb/Early march or something close to that.
senoracacahuate
New Member
Ok, thank you! By any chance, do you happen to know what that email is? I read it was the email they sent out interview invites with, however, I never got a reply when I emailed it.I think this is a great question for the VIA email address. That way you know if you need another course in time to squeeze one in.
I just sent you a pm. 🙂Ok, thank you! By any chance, do you happen to know what that email is? I read it was the email they sent out interview invites with, however, I never got a reply when I emailed it.
prestigeworldwide77
Full Member
Could you also send me a PM with the email address? I have been trying to find it for a week or two with no luck!I just sent you a pm. 🙂
ilikedogs5
Full Member
Does anyone know where we were supposed to send our Thank You Letters to our interviewers? Directly to the interviewer or to the VIA email?
mdphd_hopeful_7353
Full Member
Does anyone know when the next round of MD/PhD acceptances should be expected?
D
deleted1079462
I think you are supposed to send them to the VIA emailDoes anyone know where we were supposed to send our Thank You Letters to our interviewers? Directly to the interviewer or to the VIA email?
Last edited by a moderator:
fadeinandout
Full Member
Baylor has joined TMDSAS now?!? Not sure what this means...
Not for this cycle. This will only affect next cycle.Baylor has joined TMDSAS now?!? Not sure what this means...
fadeinandout
Full Member
Just saw that, thanks!Not for this cycle. This will only affect next cycle.
I'm very bored right now (waiting to hear back from Baylor :/) so I'm speculating about what prompted this decision. It makes sense logistically because of the preference for IS students and all, but the suddenness makes me think that something else is up... regardless, I'm really curious to see how the top spot on everyone's match list will be split between Baylor and UTSW after next year's cycle.
One thing that is on my mind is the number of applicants they're going to get in state. I have friends who applied a few years back who didn't think they had much of a chance at Baylor, so decided not to fill AMCAS out at all to save several hundred dollars. While TCU-UNT might have a little harder time now without Baylor also driving applicants to submit AMCAS,I'm very bored right now (waiting to hear back from Baylor :/) so I'm speculating about what prompted this decision. It makes sense logistically because of the preference for IS students and all, but the suddenness makes me think that something else is up... regardless, I'm really curious to see how the top spot on everyone's match list will be split between Baylor and UTSW after next year's cycle.
Baylor will now also be in the position UTSW has enjoyed of really getting to pick because of the thought, "Why not go for every TMDSAS school?" Similarly, I'd expect that SHSU probably gets more higher caliber IS candidates than UIW gets.
I am curious whether Baylor is participating in the match vs only participating in TMDSAS. It would change people's choices a lot if the rankings include both UTSW and Baylor and people give up on one early in January vs late in April.
What is UIW?
What is UIW?
University of Incarnate Word, DO Program in San Antonio!I am curious whether Baylor is participating in the match vs only participating in TMDSAS. It would change people's choices a lot if the rankings include both UTSW and Baylor and people give up on one early in January vs late in April.
What is UIW?
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
I am curious whether Baylor is participating in the match vs only participating in TMDSAS.
I don't think I understand what you're saying. How could it be part of TMDSAS and not be part of the match?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like it's to make the application process more equitable for low income students who may not necessarily qualify for FAP. There's definitely talented students out there who can't afford to shell out at-least an extra $210 just to have a slim chance at Baylor, and so I feel like Baylor joining TMDSAS ultimately makes the process fairer to those who aren't as privileged. Although I don't think the amount of talent would change too much, because pretty much every strong Texas candidate I know with the stats to back up their application ends up applying to BaylorI'm very bored right now (waiting to hear back from Baylor :/) so I'm speculating about what prompted this decision. It makes sense logistically because of the preference for IS students and all, but the suddenness makes me think that something else is up... regardless, I'm really curious to see how the top spot on everyone's match list will be split between Baylor and UTSW after next year's cycle.
Yeah, I'm actually really happy that TMDSAS is finally consolidating their power and making sure that Texas students have another reason not to go through the AMCAS $#!tshow. TMDSAS is far from perfect, but it's extremely cheap and accessible, not nearly as time consuming, way more responsive to emails, and doesn't have insane transcript/verification turnaround times. It's a shame that the change is only happening next year, I would have loved to not waste my time and money on AMCAS.I feel like it's to make the application process more equitable for low income students who may not necessarily qualify for FAP. There's definitely talented students out there who can't afford to shell out at-least an extra $210 just to have a slim chance at Baylor, and so I feel like Baylor joining TMDSAS ultimately makes the process fairer to those who aren't as privileged. Although I don't think the amount of talent would change too much, because pretty much every strong Texas candidate I know with the stats to back up their application ends up applying to Baylor
Has anyone put out a statement stating that Baylor is part of the match? It is considered a private school for all practical purposes although there is a huge instate preference. I expect the school to be still on AAMCS (UTSW is also there for MD/PhD).I don't think I understand what you're saying. How could it be part of TMDSAS and not be part of the match?
The primary reason they would participate in TMDSAS is to reduce costs and workload for state residents who are being forced to apply in two places despite being preferred at Baylor as a state resident. The question is whether they are removing MD application option from AAMCS and force non-residents to apply also on TMDSAS.
I guess the rest of us have assumed that participating in TMDSAS = participating in match. I imagine they will have even more Texas applications if they do join TMDSAS. If applying through AMCAS is no longer an option, then out of state applications will fall dramatically.Has anyone put out a statement stating that Baylor is part of the match? It is considered a private school for all practical purposes although there is a huge instate preference. I expect the school to be still on AAMCS (UTSW is also there for MD/PhD).
The primary reason they would participate in TMDSAS is to reduce costs and workload for state residents who are being forced to apply in two places despite being preferred at Baylor as a state resident. The question is whether they are removing MD application option from AAMCS and force non-residents to apply also on TMDSAS.
Baylor/ TMDSAS press conference about this is going to happen in about 3 weeks and I'm sure they will address all details then.Has anyone put out a statement stating that Baylor is part of the match? It is considered a private school for all practical purposes although there is a huge instate preference. I expect the school to be still on AAMCS (UTSW is also there for MD/PhD).
The primary reason they would participate in TMDSAS is to reduce costs and workload for state residents who are being forced to apply in two places despite being preferred at Baylor as a state resident. The question is whether they are removing MD application option from AAMCS and force non-residents to apply also on TMDSAS.
Some Texans currently don't apply to Baylor because either they don't think they are competitive, or they don't want to learn another different application platform. Now it will be the OOS applicants who have to learn the new application.
Tikkitytaalik
Full Member
Just got an acceptance call!!! AHHHHHH I'm so excited. I interviewed on January the 15th for anyone who's curious, and the call came from the 713 area code
EaglePutt3
Full Member
Let's go!!! Hopefully I hear today! Congratulations. Go celebrate!
I'm wondering if anyone from the 29th is going to be admitted today, or if that will happen next month. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!Just got an acceptance call!!! AHHHHHH I'm so excited. I interviewed on January the 15th for anyone who's curious, and the call came from the 713 area code
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
I guess the admissions committee changed their mind since Tikkitytaalik just got the call?I interviewed today and they said no one would be accepted in the next two weeks, as the admissions committee wouldn't be meeting again for that amount of time. Good luck, everyone!
EaglePutt3
Full Member
It was probably meant that nobody from that specific day would be accepted for at least 2 weeks since it was so recent, but Tikkity's day was prior to the one you quoted.I guess the admissions committee changed their mind since Tikkitytaalik just got the call?
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
Thank you, I was a little turned aroundIt was probably meant that nobody from that specific day would be accepted for at least 2 weeks since it was so recent, but Tikkity's day was prior to the one you quoted.
Any indication from today's that there might be interview Invites left?I guess the admissions committee changed their mind since Tikkitytaalik just got the call?
I think the last interview date is this weekAny indication from today's that there might be interview Invites left?
Bummer I guess i should just moved it to my rejection list on my excel sheet 🙁I think the last interview date is this week
wpneuro
Full Member
Officially rejected pre-II from the MSTP - the email said "We had a large applicant pool and so we are not able to offer interviews to all of the deserving applicants. At this time, we have sent out the invitations for our last interview date. The Medical School at Baylor College of Medicine has also sent invitations for their last interview date."
Complete 7/28, stats in signature
Complete 7/28, stats in signature
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations, wish we were going to be classmates.Accepted!!! Cannot believe it! interviewed 1/15
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
Good luck everyone! Here's hoping those of us still waiting to hear back get good news soon 

prestigeworldwide77
Full Member
So maybe they are only accepting students today that interviewed on Jan. 15?
itsbritneywitch
Full Member
I hope they're continuously reviewing people who interviewed previously, I haven't heard anything since interviewing in October.So maybe they are only accepting students today that interviewed on Jan. 15?