2020-2021 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still waiting 3/1

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone that got waitlisted planning on sending a letter of intent or letter of interest?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just here that it only helps rarely. But also in the WL email they said to keep in touch so idk
Yeah I’ve heard the same bc it depends where we are on the waitlist and they just keep going down depending on if people drop their A’s or drop from the WL. I hope we’re not far down on the WL 🤞🏽

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I’ve heard the same bc it depends where we are on the waitlist and they just keep going down depending on if people drop their A’s or drop from the WL. I hope we’re not far down on the WL 🤞🏽
So it it ranked or unranked then?

I’m praying for all of you on the WL or waiting to hear back. I hope it works out just the way you want it to. Keep your head up and enjoy your weekend people!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone! So I got waitlisted a while ago and I am planning on sending an LOI this week. I am a little lost on what should be included in the letter so I was wondering if anyone had any helpful info on this?

Hey everyone! So I got waitlisted a while ago and I am planning on sending an LOI this week. I am a little lost on what should be included in the letter so I was wondering if anyone had any helpful info on this?

I hope the best for you! These articles have been really helpful for me!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For everyone on the waitlist, hoping to be pulled off and wondering if they should send a LOI... go ahead and do it!! When candidates are reviewed to be pulled off the waitlist, EVERYTHING is reviewed including your LOI.

Add any updates (i.e. grades, volunteer, research etc.), reiterate why Burrell is the right place for you and what you would bring to Burrell if accepted.

Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted 3/1. How’s the waitlist movement here. I’m not upset because this means I’m still in the race.

3/1 waitlisted as well. I’m fortunate enough to have an acceptance elsewhere but enjoyed my interview here. Best of luck to others!

3/1 waitlisted as well. I’m fortunate enough to have an acceptance elsewhere but enjoyed my interview here. Best of luck to others!
I’m still waiting to hear back from another school. It’s nice that you have an acceptance somewhere

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted 3/1. How’s the waitlist movement here. I’m not upset because this means I’m still in the race.
I was waitlisted on Friday and accepted yesterday (Tuesday), so it does move!

Reactions: 7 users
What!! Omg thanks for coming here and sharing. This makes me so happy. Did you send a letter of intent?

Ditto! Same here :) the waitlist seems to already be moving so for all the waitlisters, keep your hopes up! Excited about the A!!

Reactions: 4 users
Ditto! Same here :) the waitlist seems to already be moving so for all the waitlisters, keep your hopes up! Excited about the A!!
Wow it’s moving pretty early. Congratulations to both of you

• Care
Do you think based on all the waitlists from 3/1 that the class is full? I don't see anyone reporting any As.

People who are accepted to this school, anyone worried about their accreditation? I looked into it and they do have it until 2024 with high supervision or something. Any current student have insight on how the school is improving? I am worried as this is the only acceptance I got so far 😬

People who are accepted to this school, anyone worried about their accreditation? I looked into it and they do have it until 2024 with high supervision or something. Any current student have insight on how the school is improving? I am worried as this is the only acceptance I got so far 😬
"Following a comprehensive site visit in January 2020, the College was found to be in compliance with 68 of 70 required accreditation elements and granted initial Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring. The College provided the COCA with a progress report in November 2020 and the COCA has determined that the College has demonstrated compliance with all 70 (100%) of the required accreditation elements. The College’s accreditation is subject to renewal in 2024."

This was on the BCOM licensure page. Not too sure what this means in terms of accreditation but it sounds like they are fully accredited now until 2024? Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

"Following a comprehensive site visit in January 2020, the College was found to be in compliance with 68 of 70 required accreditation elements and granted initial Accreditation with Heightened Monitoring. The College provided the COCA with a progress report in November 2020 and the COCA has determined that the College has demonstrated compliance with all 70 (100%) of the required accreditation elements. The College’s accreditation is subject to renewal in 2024."

This was on the BCOM licensure page. Not too sure what this means in terms of accreditation but it sounds like they are fully accredited now until 2024? Please correct me if I am wrong on this.
You are absolutely correct but this thing is scaring me that says with heightened monitoring
That website tells you what that means. If you are interested here is the link: Accreditation decisions for colleges of osteopathic medicine - American Osteopathic Association
92AAAECE-8378-4B57-BF65-DD66474A512E.png

So my worry is that we are gonna be class of 2025 and what if they don’t get accredited when we are about to graduate. Our degree will have no value 😭

Any chance of an interview here? Should I send updates to this school or is too late?

Any chance of an interview here? Should I send updates to this school or is too late?
I received my interview invite two weeks ago and immediately scheduled myself for the next day interview. Just got waitlisted yesterday. So there is still hope! I recommend sending in your updates, it won't hurt.

So my worry is that we are gonna be class of 2025 and what if they don’t get accredited when we are about to graduate. Our degree will have no value 😭
I'm glad you made this point because i did not think of this!

I received my interview invite two weeks ago and immediately scheduled myself for the next day interview. Just got waitlisted yesterday. So there is still hope! I recommend sending in your updates, it won't hurt.
How does one send an update if they’re in the middle of a masters program? All I can say is I’m passing my tests I guess

How does one send an update if they’re in the middle of a masters program? All I can say is I’m passing my tests I guess

If it’s a special master’s program or has similar classes as the 1st year; talk that up! Talk about how your study skills have increased along with your time management. You can talk about how the masters is preparing you to succeed in Med school

If it’s a special master’s program or has similar classes as the 1st year; talk that up! Talk about how your study skills have increased along with your time management. You can talk about how the masters is preparing you to succeed in Med school
How would you draft that email?

How would you draft that email?

So this link has a pretty good example to get some ideas from. But I'd start with an intro saying who you are with your AACOMAS ID and say you're a current applicant and want to provide an update. In the body talk up your master's program, how its giving you the tools you'll need to succeed in medical etc. Also express your continued interest in the school and why you think its a good fit for you and you a good fit for it. End with a thank you for their continued consideration of your candidacy.

It doesn't need to be an essay either, keep it concise

any current students here i can message with some questions? thanks :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just submitted by secondary a few days ago. Are they still interviewing and how soon after receiving your secondaries were you guys notified of an interview?

I applied super late in the cycle due to some personal issues but I'm still holding out hope that someone will give me a chance! Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Just submitted by secondary a few days ago. Are they still interviewing and how soon after receiving your secondaries were you guys notified of an interview?

I applied super late in the cycle due to some personal issues but I'm still holding out hope that someone will give me a chance! Good luck to all of you still waiting!
I think they’re interviewing until the end of April if I’m not mistaken. I got notified a month after my secondary but I’ve also seen people report getting an interview a few days after submitting their secondary.

I hope you’re able to get an interview invite soon! Good luck 😊

• Care