You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Central Florida
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They’re just mass waitlisting everyone, huh?Waitlisted
viszlaking
Full Member
They’re just mass waitlisting everyone, huh do
Idk, maybe? I’m if it adds anymore insight I’m waitlisted in the middle third.They’re just mass waitlisting everyone, huh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh nice!! You’ve got some hope there! I’m rooting for you! 💕Idk, maybe? I’m if it adds anymore insight I’m waitlisted in the middle third.
The Committee accepts applicants at every meeting.They’re just mass waitlisting everyone, huh?
@REL are there any interviews coming out soon?
I was only joking! 😅The Committee accepts applicants at every meeting.
When will accepted applicants receive their financial aid packages?
Kingofthebar
Full Member
II just now!!! omg so grateful for this opportunity 🙂 LM 70, IS
floridaheatkills
Full Member
O M G!!! Congrats! When were you complete if you don't mind me asking!II just now!!! omg so grateful for this opportunity 🙂 LM 70, IS
Kingofthebar
Full Member
Thank u 🙂 I was complete late july-ish hahaO M G!!! Congrats! When were you complete if you don't mind me asking!
Or In State II? 🙂@REL Do you happen to approximately know how many OOS IIs are remaining for the EFI pool?
BlockBusta
New Member
II yesterday.
LM=68, IS.
LM=68, IS.
Porencephaly
Full Member
Congrats! When was your complete date?II yesterday.
LM=68, IS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
viszlaking
Full Member
Anyone know when waitlist movement typically begins/ when updates are normally sent out?
Current M2 here, when I applied back in 2018-2019 a majority of the waitlist movement happened after April 30th. I was in the top half of the top 1/3rd and found out on April 30th FWIW. UCF generally gets down through the top 1/2 of the waitlist, i don't know whether that is the same for in-state or out of state. Im sure REL could specify more.Anyone know when waitlist movement typically begins/ when updates are normally sent out?
viszlaking
Full Member
Thanks!Current M2 here, when I applied back in 2018-2019 a majority of the waitlist movement happened after April 30th. I was in the top half of the top 1/3rd and found out on April 30th FWIW. UCF generally gets down through the top 1/2 of the waitlist, i don't know whether that is the same for in-state or out of state. Im sure REL could specify more.
Any idea how many interviews percentage-wise are left? I'm definitely feeling the nerves with a little over a month left until Feb. 28th.
anyone know how many OOS seats left?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Just got a II, OOS ORM. Super excited!
Just got my II! IS. This has been my top choice since day one so I am freaking out
Grats! When are interviews being scheduled for?Just got my II! IS. This has been my top choice since day one so I am freaking out
The soonest date was Monday, and then the next was like Feb 5. A few after that as well.Grats! When are interviews being scheduled for?
Complete date?Just got my II! IS. This has been my top choice since day one so I am freaking out
Late JulyComplete date?
Porencephaly
Full Member
I was complete early December. I have been EFI for awhile but I'm wondering if applying late completely killed my chances. Has anyone with a really late complete date heard anything?
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
I was complete mid October, and just got a II today. So chances are still there.I was complete early December. I have been EFI for awhile but I'm wondering if applying late completely killed my chances. Has anyone with a really late complete date heard anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
Does anyone know how much UCF factors in VITA for admissions? Mine went meh I think and I’m kind of nervous bc of it.
Also for anyone who interviewed, how was the experience/do you have any suggestions? Was it open/closed file?
Also for anyone who interviewed, how was the experience/do you have any suggestions? Was it open/closed file?
Hey! I felt similarly about my VITA experience (probably worse than meh lol) and I'm sure many others didn't feel so hot about it either. At UCF's virtual visit they mentioned that the VITA will not be scored and not factored into the decision, so I hope that's reassuring! They mentioned they used as more of an assessment of the tool itself. I wish other schools didn't factor it in either.Does anyone know how much UCF factors in VITA for admissions? Mine went meh I think and I’m kind of nervous bc of it.
Also for anyone who interviewed, how was the experience/do you have any suggestions? Was it open/closed file?
As for the interview, I can't give out specific info but my interviewers were very acquainted with my application (more than any school I interviewed at), which I liked. It was a really pleasant experience, highly conversational, so don't worry too much about it (coming from one nervous applicant to another)! I would suggest deep-diving into UCF's website, watch the links they sent out, and really know yourself as an applicant, your story, etc. Kinda the traditional advice given. Best of luck to you and everyone else interviewing!
aspiringdoctor9701
Full Member
This is absolutely amazing, thank you so so much! Super helpful! You deserve good things.Hey! I felt similarly about my VITA experience (probably worse than meh lol) and I'm sure many others didn't feel so hot about it either. At UCF's virtual visit they mentioned that the VITA will not be scored and not factored into the decision, so I hope that's reassuring! They mentioned they used as more of an assessment of the tool itself. I wish other schools didn't factor it in either.
As for the interview, I can't give out specific info but my interviewers were very acquainted with my application (more than any school I interviewed at), which I liked. It was a really pleasant experience, highly conversational, so don't worry too much about it (coming from one nervous applicant to another)! I would suggest deep-diving into UCF's website, watch the links they sent out, and really know yourself as an applicant, your story, etc. Kinda the traditional advice given. Best of luck to you and everyone else interviewing!
BlockBusta
New Member
Around September. Sorry for the late response!Congrats! When was your complete date?
highhighhopes
Full Member
Are waitlist updates going to be sent out this week? @REL
Yes, typically they are send the last week of the month.Are waitlist updates going to be sent out this week? @REL
Do UCF students receive an iPad or laptop during orientation?
@REL When will the last set of II's be sent out? Is it nearing the end and will everyone who gets an II at this point be WL'd?
I sent in an update letter, does anyone know the email address I should use to let them know I updated my file?
It is [email protected]
highhighhopes
Full Member
Thank you!Yes, typically they are send the last week of the month.
Any updates?@REL When will the last set of II's be sent out? Is it nearing the end and will everyone who gets an II at this point be WL'd?
Normally we will send out our last interview toward the end of February/early March. We reserve seats so that members of all interview groups will have a chance to be admitted after each meeting.Any updates?
Yes, both.Do UCF students receive an iPad or laptop during orientation?
The COM Student Financial Affairs Office begins that process in March if my memory serves me correctly. You should be able to go to the website to determine the COA and know that all will be offered FA (via loans, etc) to cover those costs. There is a federal financial aid debt ceiling, but most well never come close to that --- unless you have been a career student and hold a BS, MS, MBA, and PhD, etc.When will accepted applicants receive their financial aid packages?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
viszlaking
Full Member
Ayo kangs, full transparency basically just got an update saying based off my WL it’s a rejection. Good luck everyone!
mrpeanutbutter
New Member
@REL is it too early to send letters of intent if we are positive UCF is our number one choice? I remember you mentioned earlier to wait until March/April to send those letters but I'm currently in the top 1/2 of the top 1/3 of the not yet accepted list and out of all the schools I've applied to I'm 100% sure UCF is the school for me
RockYouLikeI'mHermanCain
Full Member
Just got put on the lower 1/3 of the waitlist. I appreciate the transparency! Good luck to everyone else!
rainbowsinthesun
New Member
A at 9:52 AM! Thanks so much to everyone in this thread for the guidance and support along the way!!
Wanna pass the guidance forward?A at 9:52 AM! Thanks so much to everyone in this thread for the guidance and support along the way!!