2020-2021 Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait listed 😭. I'm not terribly hopeful about it either.

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted on lower third...damg

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today at 4:45! Was told I'm "top half of top third," seems like they're waitlisting more and more later in the cycle maybe? Not sure but happy to have heard back, rooting for all of you guys hearing back today! :love:

Reactions: 2 users
When will accepted applicants receive their financial aid packages?

II just now!!! omg so grateful for this opportunity :) LM 70, IS

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@REL Do you happen to approximately know how many OOS IIs are remaining for the EFI pool?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when waitlist movement typically begins/ when updates are normally sent out?

Anyone know when waitlist movement typically begins/ when updates are normally sent out?
Current M2 here, when I applied back in 2018-2019 a majority of the waitlist movement happened after April 30th. I was in the top half of the top 1/3rd and found out on April 30th FWIW. UCF generally gets down through the top 1/2 of the waitlist, i don't know whether that is the same for in-state or out of state. Im sure REL could specify more.

Reactions: 1 user
Current M2 here, when I applied back in 2018-2019 a majority of the waitlist movement happened after April 30th. I was in the top half of the top 1/3rd and found out on April 30th FWIW. UCF generally gets down through the top 1/2 of the waitlist, i don't know whether that is the same for in-state or out of state. Im sure REL could specify more.
Thanks!

Any idea how many interviews percentage-wise are left? I'm definitely feeling the nerves with a little over a month left until Feb. 28th.

Also, II and scheduled for this last week of January so UCF still has its February dates to pick from aka a lot more II for us all. Still v early for those still manifesting invites and Best of luck to us all !!!

• Care
Just got my II! IS. This has been my top choice since day one so I am freaking out

• Love
II 20 minutes ago! ORM, IS, 3.7/512, complete 10/19

• Love
I was complete early December. I have been EFI for awhile but I'm wondering if applying late completely killed my chances. Has anyone with a really late complete date heard anything?

I was complete early December. I have been EFI for awhile but I'm wondering if applying late completely killed my chances. Has anyone with a really late complete date heard anything?
I was complete mid October, and just got a II today. So chances are still there.

Does anyone know how much UCF factors in VITA for admissions? Mine went meh I think and I’m kind of nervous bc of it.
Also for anyone who interviewed, how was the experience/do you have any suggestions? Was it open/closed file?

Does anyone know how much UCF factors in VITA for admissions? Mine went meh I think and I’m kind of nervous bc of it.
Also for anyone who interviewed, how was the experience/do you have any suggestions? Was it open/closed file?
Hey! I felt similarly about my VITA experience (probably worse than meh lol) and I'm sure many others didn't feel so hot about it either. At UCF's virtual visit they mentioned that the VITA will not be scored and not factored into the decision, so I hope that's reassuring! They mentioned they used as more of an assessment of the tool itself. I wish other schools didn't factor it in either.

As for the interview, I can't give out specific info but my interviewers were very acquainted with my application (more than any school I interviewed at), which I liked. It was a really pleasant experience, highly conversational, so don't worry too much about it (coming from one nervous applicant to another)! I would suggest deep-diving into UCF's website, watch the links they sent out, and really know yourself as an applicant, your story, etc. Kinda the traditional advice given. Best of luck to you and everyone else interviewing!

• Love
Hey! I felt similarly about my VITA experience (probably worse than meh lol) and I'm sure many others didn't feel so hot about it either. At UCF's virtual visit they mentioned that the VITA will not be scored and not factored into the decision, so I hope that's reassuring! They mentioned they used as more of an assessment of the tool itself. I wish other schools didn't factor it in either.

As for the interview, I can't give out specific info but my interviewers were very acquainted with my application (more than any school I interviewed at), which I liked. It was a really pleasant experience, highly conversational, so don't worry too much about it (coming from one nervous applicant to another)! I would suggest deep-diving into UCF's website, watch the links they sent out, and really know yourself as an applicant, your story, etc. Kinda the traditional advice given. Best of luck to you and everyone else interviewing!
This is absolutely amazing, thank you so so much! Super helpful! You deserve good things.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Do UCF students receive an iPad or laptop during orientation?

@REL When will the last set of II's be sent out? Is it nearing the end and will everyone who gets an II at this point be WL'd?

I sent in an update letter, does anyone know the email address I should use to let them know I updated my file?

When will accepted applicants receive their financial aid packages?
The COM Student Financial Affairs Office begins that process in March if my memory serves me correctly. You should be able to go to the website to determine the COA and know that all will be offered FA (via loans, etc) to cover those costs. There is a federal financial aid debt ceiling, but most well never come close to that --- unless you have been a career student and hold a BS, MS, MBA, and PhD, etc.

Ayo kangs, full transparency basically just got an update saying based off my WL it’s a rejection. Good luck everyone!

• Care