2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, sorry to be annoying with my hope or lack of hope... just to double check. CDU is filled, so that means I should just wait for a rejection? It's basically over, right?

Members don't see this ad.

CDU is filled but there is always a chance students will withdraw on April 30 after comparing aid packets with schools. We are still waiting on CDU to give us their aid packet :/

Edit: Still waiting but have heard we should know by today.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was told more information about the waitlist would be available after April 15th, I've emailed 2-3 times since with zero response lol

I interviewed in January and got the email saying that a final decision has not been made on my application and that decisions would be made on a rolling basis. I know that some other January applicants received this email. For the life of me, I have not been able to find out what this email means. Others have received rejections already in this thread, acceptances, and waitlists. I received this email on April 5th, 2021. Has anyone else who received this email been able to figure out what it means?

I interviewed in January and got the email saying that a final decision has not been made on my application and that decisions would be made on a rolling basis. I know that some other January applicants received this email. For the life of me, I have not been able to find out what this email means. Others have received rejections already in this thread, acceptances, and waitlists. I received this email on April 5th, 2021. Has anyone else who received this email been able to figure out what it means?
I interviewed in September and got this email as well. I believe it just means you are WL'd. I emailed to see if a decision had been made on my application considering how I interviewed so early in the cycle (the first interview date) and hadn't received any type of communication. They responded a week later saying I was placed on the WL and they would know "where I stand on that WL after April 15th." But I still do not know where I stand and it's already May.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in September and got this email as well. I believe it just means you are WL'd. I emailed to see if a decision had been made on my application considering how I interviewed so early in the cycle (the first interview date) and hadn't received any type of communication. They responded a week later saying I was placed on the WL and they would know "where I stand on that WL after April 15th." But I still do not know where I stand and it's already May.

Did you receive the formal WL email, or did you get the “still under review” email and they just told you that you were waitlisted after you emailed them asking for an update?

Did you receive the formal WL email, or did you get the “still under review” email and they just told you that you were waitlisted after you emailed them asking for an update?
I did not receive a formal WL email. Just a "still under review" email and the response telling me I've been WL'd after me contacting them lol

I did not receive a formal WL email. Just a "still under review" email and the response telling me I've been WL'd after me contacting them lol

Thanks for the response, I wish we knew why some got the formal WL email and others didn’t :/

Thanks for the response, I wish we knew why some got the formal WL email and others didn’t :/
There's really no telling why, though I wish I knew as well. I would say try contacting them but they will likely not respond anytime soon/at all.

Wow in September!!! I had only seen that people from the January interview had received this email. I will shoot them an email then and see what they say.

Wow in September!!! I had only seen that people from the January interview had received this email. I will shoot them an email then and see what they say.
Yeah haha. Such a long time ago. Keep us posted if they respond!

Members don't see this ad :)
A!! Just got off the waitlist!!! got the formal WL email awhile ago!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
like 10 min ago!!
Congrats!

this year is no different then. Only those who received the formal WL email will be considered for spots that open up after April 30th. I think that under review email was just a formality at this point.

Congrats!

this year is no different then. Only those who received the formal WL email will be considered for spots that open up after April 30th. I think that under review email was just a formality at this point.
So if someone at Drew told us we are on the WL but we didn't get the official WL email, then?

So if someone at Drew told us we are on the WL but we didn't get the official WL email, then?
Everyone is “waitlisted” but they give priority to a few. Drew communicates with UCLA about their selected candidates, so they never really reject anyone up until June.

Everyone is “waitlisted” but they give priority to a few. Drew communicates with UCLA about their selected candidates, so they never really reject anyone up until June.
Makes sense. I kinda figured I was low in priority since I interviewed so long ago with nothing from this school. Just waiting for the R at this point

I wouldn't call it ill intentions, its they're goal to recruit students and I think it gives them a competitive advantage. Scholarships and fin aid are very expensive recruiting tools, they don't want us to not accept them and go somewhere else. I think PhD programs typically do that, wait until the end so you don't have much wiggle room, theres nothing dishonest about it, just strategic.
I committed to Drew last week, and today they offered me a scholarship even though they technically didn't have to since I'd already committed. It sounds like the office is working hard to secure funding and I just want to dispel any rumors that it is due to strategic or ill-intentioned means. It sounds like they are having a rough time securing funding/scholarships

I committed to Drew last week, and today they offered me a scholarship even though they technically didn't have to since I'd already committed. It sounds like the office is working hard to secure funding and I just want to dispel any rumors that it is due to strategic or ill-intentioned means. It sounds like they are having a rough time securing funding/scholarships
Yeah this is the vibe that I got from admissions too. Thank you for backing this up! Unfortunately I didn’t get any scholarships from them, but I know that it’s something being worked on

I interviewed in October and got this email as well. Have tried to contact them but to no avail. Still no communication since I sent in my recent update letter. Not looking good. Gonna continue with my re-app process and start studying for the MCAT again.

I interviewed in October and got this email as well. Have tried to contact them but to no avail. Still no communication since I sent in my recent update letter. Not looking good...
I think its a wrap for this school. Especially considering the extremely small class size, it's unlikely many people will give up their A here.

I think its a wrap for this school. Especially considering the extremely small class size, it's unlikely many people will give up their A here.
Yeah, most likely. Previous years had more waitlist movement, but I guess that wasn't the case this time around.

Are we under the assumption that the class is full? When is the CTE deadline?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get a call/email recently? I'm guessing the rest of us will get the R on their CTE date.