2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received a post-interview email that states I’m still under review? Is this the same as a waitlist?
Just got this too. They haven’t done this in previous years. Maybe it’s a new COVID silent R?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any of you CDU people get geffen scholarships?

On the DGSOM SDN page I saw someone comment that the financial aid office said all geffen scholarships were given out, but I'm wondering if that's only true for regular DGSOM students. Will geffens be given out when we get CDU specific aid?
Wait there’s specific CDU aid? I had no idea. Prime-Drew accepted student here.

I’m curious... for those who received that email, when did you interview? I‘ve only seen September and October WL in this thread

Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted and also got the email

Interviewed in November and got the same under review email.

I'm confused why WL students would receive the under review e-mail if they technically already received a "decision"? It might just be a formality at this point.

Wait there’s specific CDU aid? I had no idea. Prime-Drew accepted student here.
Yes. I'm not Prime-Drew, so it might be different for you, but when I got the call from Monica I was told Drew had a separate aid packet that we would receive after the DGSOM aid. That CDU was meeting at the end of the month of March to divy up Drew aid, and someone here posted that we should hear back from them soon regarding it.

I'm confused why WL students would receive the under review e-mail if they technically already received a "decision"? It might just be a formality at this point.
I got the email as well, and interviewed in September. I think it was an umbrella email capturing everyone excepts Rs for formality (I asked someone who got an R). This is the only communication I've received thus far.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the email as well, and interviewed in September. I think it was an umbrella email capturing everyone excepts Rs for formality (I asked someone who got an R). This is the only communication I've received thus far.
If you don't mind sharing, was that rejection post-interview or pre-interview?

Received the "under review" email yesterday, interviewed in December. Wish I knew what it meant, kinda just feels like I'm being kept on a string 😅

Anyone know about the WL movement for this program?

Reactions: 1 users
Just heard CDU had their second look on Friday. I believe that's why they sent the under review email. The class is now officially full. They will be sending the welcome email soon.

Just heard CDU had their second look on Friday. I believe that's why they sent the under review email. The class is now officially full. They will be sending the welcome email soon.
So that’s it for the rest of us?

So will they be sending the post interview Rs soon?

I don’t think so? Plenty of schools don’t have waitlist movement until after second look so I’m not sure why this would matter.

I don’t think so? Plenty of schools don’t have waitlist movement until after second look so I’m not sure why this would matter.
I took officially full as everyone accepting the offer.

Pending any last-minute drops or people changing their mind. They made it seem like everyone had accepted their offer. From what I was able to gather, all Geffen scholarships have been given out, they are working on giving out the LA Care scholarships and some other scholarships being offered. SO it seems they are about ready to call it a day. Anything is possible I guess.

Pending any last-minute drops or people changing their mind. They made it seem like everyone had accepted their offer. From what I was able to gather, all Geffen scholarships have been given out, they are working on giving out the LA Care scholarships and some other scholarships being offered. SO it seems they are about ready to call it a day. Anything is possible I guess.
Is your source someone that works directly with the admissions committee?

Does anyone know when the LA care scholarships will be given out? I have multiple offers from schools and it would be nice to have financial aid packets to be able to negotiate or just decide on which school. The regular DGSOM Aid wasn't super great :/

You can say that. I just don't want to get too specific for privacy reasons.
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated. I hope next year, the communication to potential students is better considering all things. More so realistic communications about where we stand in the admission process given we're in April and some of us interviewed in Sept.

Does anyone know when the LA care scholarships will be given out? I have multiple offers from schools and it would be nice to have financial aid packets to be able to negotiate or just decide on which school. The regular DGSOM Aid wasn't super great :/
They mentioned they are working on it right now. Probably within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated. I hope next year, the communication to potential students is better considering all things. More so realistic communications about where we stand in the admission process given we're in April and some of us interviewed in Sept.
For real. I was one of those that interviewed on the first day.

Exactly. CDU can do a better job. I am a little disappointed with how they handled the communication part of this process. However, UCLA is also partly responsible.

Call me cynical but I think they're doing it on purpose so that we don't have time to negotiate with anyone else

I don't think that they have ill intentions like that
I wouldn't call it ill intentions, its they're goal to recruit students and I think it gives them a competitive advantage. Scholarships and fin aid are very expensive recruiting tools, they don't want us to not accept them and go somewhere else. I think PhD programs typically do that, wait until the end so you don't have much wiggle room, theres nothing dishonest about it, just strategic.

Any accepted students here who haven't heard anything about aid? I got the call 3/8 but have not gotten any kind of award whatsoever

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, sorry to be annoying with my hope or lack of hope... just to double check. CDU is filled, so that means I should just wait for a rejection? It's basically over, right?