2020-2021 Charles R Drew @ UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a difference between this school and DGSOM? Would we technically be UCLA students with a medical degree from UCLA? As far as white coats, are they Drew or UCLA white coats? I know that clinical years we have to do rotations at different locations than DGSOM students but what else is different?
 
You get a medical degree from both UCLA and Charles Drew University. You get two of everything so you would have two white coats one UCLA one Drew also two white coat ceremonies. The First 2 years at UCLA last 2 doing rotations in hospitals in underserved areas but I believe you can choose where you want your rotations. You have the same opportunities as regular DGSOM students.

Read this whole post answers many questions!
Thank you so much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just sent the interview invite email (1/12) but I literally do not know how to sign up. I know that is dumb but when I went back to the secondary application link there was no option for interview sign-up. Where do you go to sign up?
 
Got it. For some reason I thought they were done already and are getting ready to release decisions soon.
From what I can gather from previous posts, they release decisions in February. Pretty sure being invited in January is considered unusual for this school but I'll take it.
 
Thank you! And thanks for responding! Super new here lol I actually made this account an hour ago just to ask about this issue
Haha no worries, I did a similar thing like last week. No response yet. Previous posts make it seem like they aren't very responsive to emails or calls.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
don't think so

I interviewed here last fall and admissions encouraged note-taking during MMIs as long as you shred/trash the notes immediately afterwards to ensure equitable interviews for future applicants! I barely took notes given the limited interview time, though!
 
I was just sent the interview invite email (1/12) but I literally do not know how to sign up. I know that is dumb but when I went back to the secondary application link there was no option for interview sign-up. Where do you go to sign up?
Hi! if you dont mind me asking when did u submit ur secondary?
 
Hi! if you dont mind me asking when did u submit ur secondary?
I actually don’t know exactly because they never sent me a confirmation that it was submitted and I didn’t keep track of that. But it had to be early October or late September based on when I got sent the secondary.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad