You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I heard back at 15Anyone hear back within 6-8 weeks at all?
Yeah, it was about 14 for me, so... 🤐I heard back at 15
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard back at almost exactly 8 weeks post-interview. It was actually 7 weeks and 6 days.Anyone hear back within 6-8 weeks at all?
uniqueindividual
Full Member
Just got accepted off the waitlist! Stay strong everyone, best of luck! Interview 2/4 WL 4/19
DrSeashell
Full Member
How are they pulling off the waitlist when people haven't heard back about a decision yet?Just got accepted off the waitlist! Stay strong everyone, best of luck! Interview 2/4 WL 4/19
Last edited:
Congrats!!!! If you don't mind sharing, did you send an update or letter of interest/intent?Just got accepted off the waitlist! Stay strong everyone, best of luck! Interview 2/4 WL 4/19
If I had to guess, I'd say that people who haven't heard back yet are either getting waitlisted or rejected and haven't been notified yet. That's the only plausible explanation.How are they pulling off the waitlist when people haven't heard back about a decision yet?
Edit: Adidas229 pointed out another possibility where accepted students withdraw their acceptance and then Drexel pulls from the waitlist for only those spots. Applicants that are waiting on a final decision might still be competing for separate, still-open spots in the class.
Last edited:
uniqueindividual
Full Member
Sent an update back in March. No LOI because I’m waitlisted at another school that I would take preference over.Congrats!!!! If you don't mind sharing, did you send an update or letter of interest/intent?
best of luck to you!! and congrats again!!Sent an update back in March. No LOI because I’m waitlisted at another school that I would take preference over.
Boston11996
New Member
Congrats! How did you hear back? Email or phone call?Just got accepted off the waitlist! Stay strong everyone, best of luck! Interview 2/4 WL 4/19
I'm assuming already accepted students who committed to another school opened up spots for those are currently waitlisted. While those who are still waiting for a decision are competing for already vacant spots. Just my guess, though.How are they pulling off the waitlist when people haven't heard back about a decision yet?
Just got the A off the waitlist! (WL notification on 4/19). Sent an update/letter of interest on 4/30
stickyokra
Full Member
Congrats!! When did you interview? 😀Just got the A off the waitlist! (WL notification on 4/19). Sent an update/letter of interest on 4/30
Congratulations! Did you upload the letter to the portal? I want to send a letter of intent (as this is the only school I interviewed at), and don't know whether I should upload a letter to the portal or email the director of admissions with it.Just got the A off the waitlist! (WL notification on 4/19). Sent an update/letter of interest on 4/30
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NeuroticLlama
Full Member
Accepted a couple hours ago. OOS. Interviewed back in early March. No LOI. Currently on another waitlist for my top choice but I will be re-negotiating financial aid with the acceptances I do have now.
uniqueindividual
Full Member
Congrats! How did you hear back? Email or phone call?
interviewed 2/16Congrats!! When did you interview? 😀
I uploaded it to the portal, but I think it would be fine to send it to the admissions dean since it's a letter of intent!Congratulations! Did you upload the letter to the portal? I want to send a letter of intent (as this is the only school I interviewed at), and don't know whether I should upload a letter to the portal or email the director of admissions with it.
Hey, congrats! When you sent an update did u send it over the portal or directly to an email (if so which)? I interviewed 1/26 still haven't heard anything back. I sent an update and transcript on the portal back in march but I dont trust that they actually saw that. Not so hopeful at this point lolSent an update back in March. No LOI because I’m waitlisted at another school that I would take preference over.
WL just now. Interviewed 2/15. At least they finally got back though.
loveangel2206
Full Member
I know they don't provide an iPad or a laptop, but you are required to have an iPad.Anyone know if Drexel provides anything for incoming M1's? Like an iPad, laptop, stethoscope, etc.?
premedxpremed
Full Member
I’m right there with you 🙁WL today. Interviewed 3/11. 3rd WL of the cycle, anyone know if I can trade them in for an A?
Keep up the hope! There's still a pretty good chance!I’m right there with you 🙁
I'm still on hold. I doubt there's any hope there.I’m right there with you 🙁
premed_person
Full Member
Do y’all think being waitlisted earlier than people who are waitlisted later but interviewed on the same day mean anything?
I think Drexel probably has some sort of 'ranked WL' in that they appear to be pulling people off in a nonchronological orderDo y’all think being waitlisted earlier than people who are waitlisted later but interviewed on the same day mean anything?
premed_person
Full Member
Lmao why do they make it so ambiguous... appreciate your responseI think Drexel probably has some sort of 'ranked WL' in that they appear to be pulling people off in a nonchronological order
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
theepremed
Full Member
Every medical school I have heard of makes it “ambiguous” as in they rank and won’t release it.
Got the A on Monday around 4pm!
If anyone can help- do I have to immediately choose PTE or CTE on AMCAS even when I have 21 days to respond to the acceptance on Drexel's website?
If this is confusing or I need to provide more info please let me know. Thanks everyone and good luck!!!
If anyone can help- do I have to immediately choose PTE or CTE on AMCAS even when I have 21 days to respond to the acceptance on Drexel's website?
If this is confusing or I need to provide more info please let me know. Thanks everyone and good luck!!!
premedxpremed
Full Member
OMG! Congratulations!! 🙂 is it a direct post II A??Got the A on Monday around 4pm!
If anyone can help- do I have to immediately choose PTE or CTE on AMCAS even when I have 21 days to respond to the acceptance on Drexel's website?
If this is confusing or I need to provide more info please let me know. Thanks everyone and good luck!!!
NeuroticLlama
Full Member
No. You don't have to respond immediately. I haven't yet. I even emailed the school informing them that I need to know their financial aid offer for my situation because I have another acceptance; they stated that they'll get it to me as soon as possible.Got the A on Monday around 4pm!
If anyone can help- do I have to immediately choose PTE or CTE on AMCAS even when I have 21 days to respond to the acceptance on Drexel's website?
If this is confusing or I need to provide more info please let me know. Thanks everyone and good luck!!!
Thank you so much! They waitlisted me 4/27 after interviewing 2/24 and then accepted me 5/3. So it was a roller coaster of emotions! Sat down to start my reapplication and then saw the A 🙂OMG! Congratulations!! 🙂 is it a direct post II A??
premedxpremed
Full Member
OMG!!! that's amazing🙂)Thank you so much! They waitlisted me 4/27 after interviewing 2/24 and then accepted me 5/3. So it was a roller coaster of emotions! Sat down to start my reapplication and then saw the A 🙂
gogogryffindor
Full Member
congrats! I interviewed 2/22, WL 4/27 and haven't heard anything 😢 ; mind sharing your stats/state ties and whether you sent correspondence after getting WLed?Thank you so much! They waitlisted me 4/27 after interviewing 2/24 and then accepted me 5/3. So it was a roller coaster of emotions! Sat down to start my reapplication and then saw the A 🙂
postpone-malone26
Full Member
Same 😕😭😭congrats! I interviewed 2/22, WL 4/27 and haven't heard anything 😢 ; mind sharing your stats/state ties and whether you sent correspondence after getting WLed?
WaitlistedAppRIP
Full Member
Don’t think the date of when you interview means much for waitlisted applicants since it’s a ranked WL. Likely they rank by stats but move ppl around based on demographics and other “considerations”.
absolute_lad
Full Member
No I remember them saying that they review a small group of applicants randomly every week so people on the same interview day could be reviewed a week later or a month later, it all dependsDo y’all think being waitlisted earlier than people who are waitlisted later but interviewed on the same day mean anything?
congrats! I interviewed 2/22, WL 4/27 and haven't heard anything 😢 ; mind sharing your stats/state ties and whether you sent correspondence after getting WLed
No ties, OOS, 511/s3.98c3.96 and no I didn’t send any correspondence after the WL
I was really surprised by this- I immediately went into reapplication as my WL was literally a week before AMCAS opened. I know coming from me doesn’t mean much, but don’t lose hope!! Good luck to you and everyone 🙂
veggiepremed
Full Member
anybody know if the limit of 3 updates for WL applicants includes letters you sent prior to being waitlisted?
Hey everyone.
I sent a Letter of Intent to [email protected], but haven't received a response yet. Was I supposed to also have sent it to the Associate Dean for Admissions and Enrollment, Linda Berardi-Demo, at [email protected]?
Thanks.
I sent a Letter of Intent to [email protected], but haven't received a response yet. Was I supposed to also have sent it to the Associate Dean for Admissions and Enrollment, Linda Berardi-Demo, at [email protected]?
Thanks.
you are fine. Drexel admissions only respond back to you if you asked a question.Hey everyone.
I sent a Letter of Intent to [email protected], but haven't received a response yet. Was I supposed to also have sent it to the Associate Dean for Admissions and Enrollment, Linda Berardi-Demo, at [email protected]?
Thanks.
uniqueindividual
Full Member
Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
student_forever
New Member
I asked about this and the response was - “students accepted later in the cycle will still be considered for scholarship monies that will be disbursed until the class is filled”does drexel offer merit/medical scholarships to people after april 1st (deadline for medical scholarship)?? i just received my acceptance recently and I called their financial aid office and told me I can't qualify for it because the deadline to submit it has passed and they wont review my scholarship application... is this true??? Really unfair for students like me if thats the case... how am i supposed to qualify for it if I'm not even an accepted student at the time. is it possible this person misspoke?
student_forever
New Member
Feel you.. Not sure why the financial aid office would say otherwise but that was straight from the admissions office!okay... thank you... this whole process is very anxiety inducing!! lol
anyone accepted off the waitlist know when we'll find out which campus we've been assigned to?
absolute_lad
Full Member
BRO I HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN AN INITIAL DECISION WHAT IS THIS IMMA HAVE LIKE A MONTH TO FIND A ROOMIE AND AN APT SOMEWHERE OMGGGGG
edit: interviewed in March lol
edit: interviewed in March lol
Last edited:
brendanpatryck
New Member
I can relate. I am on the waitlist here and at another school but my lease expires at the end of the month. This process is not very conducive to planning. It’s either hold off and risk not matriculating or find a new roommate and lease that I will have to break if there does happen to be movement. It’s terrible.BRO I HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN AN INITIAL DECISION WHAT IS THIS IMMA HAVE LIKE A MONTH TO FIND A ROOMIE AND AN APT SOMEWHERE OMGGGGG