You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No II now but no rejection either. They’ll come back to your app at a later dateWhat does that mean when you get placed on hold?
D
deleted1057987
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
received on hold email. OOS w IS ties. 🙁 honestly grateful for any updates though.
D
deleted1067657
Mind sharing when you submitted?received on hold email. OOS w IS ties. 🙁 honestly grateful for any updates though.
july 21Mind sharing when you submitted?
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
II email today. LM 68. 4,000 clinical hours. Complete 07/16
D
deleted1067657
Were you guys "under review" before your IIs?
You called it!Moment of sheer neuroticism:
The first II of 2019-2020 cycle was 8/12/2020. With the current struggle that is COVID-19 that delayed their application by 2 weeks (they had previously sent secondaries on 7/2), we could POTENTIALLY expect IIs on 8/26 (next week).
On another note, I'm high key debating sending an message through the MD program chat on their website x.x
truly curious, how do you have .5 of an interview 😵You called it!
Good question haha! Western Michigan University's MD program sends phone interviews (even during non-COVID) to 20% of their applicants, then a normal interview to half of the phone interviewees.truly curious, how do you have .5 of an interview 😵
I figured you were talking about WMU lolGood question haha! Western Michigan University's MD program sends phone interviews (even during non-COVID) to 20% of their applicants, then a normal interview to half of the phone interviewees.
Hi, any current Drexel students lurking in this thread to answer a few questions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently graduated.. lolHi, any current Drexel students lurking in this thread to answer a few questions?
that's a super fast turnaround -- congrats!II earlier today! OOS, no ties, complete 8/18, LM 70
II received this morning! OOS, LM 68.
Should we just assume if people who are complete after you are receiving interviews then that’s a silent R?
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Nah, schools don't always review applications in chronological orderShould we just assume if people who are complete after you are receiving interviews then that’s a silent R?
Complete 7/16.Congrats! Complete date?
Hi, could you talk a little bit about Drexel's preclinical curriculum and student-run organizations? Also, what was your favourite part of Drexel. I've seen a lot of negative posts on SDN about Drexel and was wondering your opinion on that. I recently received an II and am looking to figure out my answer for Why Drexel?Recently graduated.. lol
Very! I was surprised. Yay for prewriting lolthat's a super fast turnaround -- congrats!
Congrats! You'll do great.7/17
Did you ever see a change in your file? I submitted 7/22 and my status still says "Application Ready."
There are soo many student run organizations to be involved with!Hi, could you talk a little bit about Drexel's preclinical curriculum and student-run organizations? Also, what was your favourite part of Drexel. I've seen a lot of negative posts on SDN about Drexel and was wondering your opinion on that. I recently received an II and am looking to figure out my answer for Why Drexel?
preclinical i cannot really comment on as i was the last class of the old curriculum.
Ignore those posts. Drexel is still an MD school.
Drexel’s diversity stuff is what I liked most. So many opportunities to get involved in a lot of things, especially the underserved populations of Philly.
What diversity stuff are you referring to? Thanks for your response!There are soo many student run organizations to be involved with!
preclinical i cannot really comment on as i was the last class of the old curriculum.
Ignore those posts. Drexel is still an MD school.
Drexel’s diversity stuff is what I liked most. So many opportunities to get involved in a lot of things, especially the underserved populations of Philly.
Drexel just serves a lot of the underserved populations so you get to see a lot of interesting people.What diversity stuff are you referring to? Thanks for your response!
Is this because of the Philly area is extremely diverse or are you referring to a specific organization at Drexel that serves unserved populations?Drexel just serves a lot of the underserved populations so you get to see a lot of interesting people.
Both!Is this because of the Philly area is extremely diverse or are you referring to a specific organization at Drexel that serves unserved populations?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this morning, OOS, complete 7/16
Did i enjoy my classmates? No. Not really. I never really fit in with my classmates so the first two years kinda sucked lol i am a few years older, and one of the few who was married.
What's the student culture like? Lots of gunners and bullies and cliques?
I dont feel like we had a ton of gunners (that i know of), but there were cliques.What's the student culture like? Lots of gunners and bullies and cliques?
Could you name some specific organizations? Also, do a lot of students participate in research and what research opportunities are there?Both!
Look into the HOP clinics.Could you name some specific organizations? Also, do a lot of students participate in research and what research opportunities are there?
Yes, plenty of people participate in research but im not much there as i didnt do any lol
watermelon101
Full Member
Put on hold :/ submitted secondary 7/24 and "complete" 8/25 (because Casper). I'm in an instate applicant. Congrats and goodluck to those with II 🙂
Put on hold :/ submitted secondary 7/24 and "complete" 8/25 (because Casper). I'm in an instate applicant. Congrats and goodluck to those with II 🙂
I submitted on the 18th, and was complete on 8/7 and haven't heard anything.
watermelon101
Full Member
I submitted on the 18th, and was complete on 8/7 and haven't heard anything.
hopefully you'll hear soon!
hopefully you'll hear soon!
Yeah hopefully, unless they put me on hold
D
deleted992680
Completed on 7/24 but I'm not on hold, not rejected, or anything lol
D
deleted1058452
Do we know how anybody uses Casper?Does anyone know how Drexel uses Casper?
Does anyone know how they are doing the group medical student interview over lunch or if they are still doing the 30 min essay?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted785419
Essay????Does anyone know how they are doing the group medical student interview over lunch or if they are still doing the 30 min essay?
FairDo we know how anybody uses Casper?
D
deleted1057987
ME except 7/17 complete date
Completed on 7/26, just received an email saying my app is placed on hold sooo.. yea.
D
deleted992680
Completed on 7/26, just received an email saying my app is placed on hold sooo.. yea.
I was complete 7/24 and haven't heard anything! But you can always get off of hold for an II I believe but don't quote me on it. All you need is one acceptance, you can do it! <3