-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Drexel
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
tunaktunak
Full Member
Sorry! I was just wondering. I thought for the last release date they ended around 2pm EST, but I might be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.Don't say such things
Same. 🙁 I'm not sure if all hope is lost, but I'm hoping we're fine.I really hope not...this would be my third deferral in a row 😢
airbusa321
New Member
Interviewed 10/22 and still haven't heard anything yet. I'm fairly sure that they're going to release another batch of decisions later this afternoon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
galaxycatz
New Member
Yeah I’ve just been lurking on the thread but from some posts I’ve seen it seems like they might just get to deferrals at a later date (I think someone said a previous year they didn’t start looking at deferrals until December and after). I was also deferred in October but I haven’t seen anyone get A’s after deferrals (unless someone can correct me). Take home message is just that if you don't hear anything today it might just be admissions hasn't got to the deferrals rather than reviewing and then deferring.Sorry! I was just wondering. I thought for the last release date they ended around 2pm EST, but I might be wrong. I hope I'm wrong.
Same. 🙁 I'm not sure if all hope is lost, but I'm hoping we're fine.
I agree with you on this one. For a school that defers a lot of applicants, it's intriguing that there has been no report of an acceptance off the deferral list in this thread so far. It seems like they may be a little behind with decisions this year.Yeah I’ve just been lurking on the thread but from some posts I’ve seen it seems like they might just get to deferrals at a later date (I think someone said a previous year they didn’t start looking at deferrals until December and after). I was also deferred in October but I haven’t seen anyone get A’s after deferrals (unless someone can correct me). Take home message is just that if you don't hear anything today it might just be admissions hasn't got to the deferrals rather than reviewing and then deferring.
Yeah, on MondaysDo they notify you if you get placed on the deferral list?
AnythingButCARS
Full Member
Nope. I can't believe they did us like that.Has anyone from 11/2 heard back?
neuroticAndAntsy
Full Member
it would be blasphemous if they spent a whole month reviewing only like 2-3 weeks worth of applicants ( from mid to end of October). I hope they are still continuing
Also 10/22, do you think we should assume a deferral if we don’t hear today? It seems like they’ve at least reviewed up to 10/29 based on this thread 😬Interviewed 10/22 and still haven't heard anything yet. I'm fairly sure that they're going to release another batch of decisions later this afternoon.
this was the same consensus on the last decision date, in that there wasn't much post-II communications from DUCOM.
it's a long cycle y'all -- just hang in there! congratulations to those who were accepted!
it's a long cycle y'all -- just hang in there! congratulations to those who were accepted!
tunaktunak
Full Member
Any chance they might send acceptances on Monday? I thought I heard someone talk about it earlier in this thread.
Idk, I looked back at the last two decision releases this cycle and it was only deferrals on the following Mondays :/Any chance they might send acceptances on Monday? I thought I heard someone talk about it earlier in this thread.
I looked at last year’s thread and it seems like it was the same deal. They released acceptances on Fri 12/20 only for people with interviews up to the end of October. One user posted an A the next day on Sat but they may have just been late to the party.
Their next decision release on 1/24 included early Nov interviews.
Their next decision release on 1/24 included early Nov interviews.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Outofafrica
New Member
So, do we think they just haven't gotten to the November interviews yet? I'm having a hard time believing all of us would be deferred/rejected...
Given they conservatively interview 100 applicants a week (in their words), then have 2 queues before we get to a committee(a wait for a summary sheet to be made then a wait before we head to committee) and the committee meets once a week combined with the fact they said it’d be 6-8 weeks with it being closer to 8 weeks.. probably Nov is also deferred till Jan.So, do we think they just haven't gotten to the November interviews yet? I'm having a hard time believing all of us would be deferred/rejected...
During an interview session they said they’d be adding more release dates towards the end(prob after Feb) which is in line with past years.
Accepted!!! 🙂 GPA 3.98 MCAT 504. I was wondering when do you all think we will find out what campus we are assigned to?
Congrats everyone! Also for those that are still waiting do NOT give up!!!!!!!!
Congrats everyone! Also for those that are still waiting do NOT give up!!!!!!!!
premed991_
New Member
Congrats! Did you hear back today, or yesterday (the release date)?Accepted!!! 🙂 GPA 3.98 MCAT 504. I was wondering when do you all think we will find out what campus we are assigned to?
Congrats everyone! Also for those that are still waiting do NOT give up!!!!!!!!
Yesterday on the release date 🙂
when was ur interview?Yesterday on the release date 🙂
The next decision release changed from 1/11/21 to 1/22/21
Has the school sent out pre-interview rejections yet? I've been complete since mid October and haven't heard from them at all.
What exactly does being deferred mean after an interview? Does it differ from being waitlisted?deferred just now, interviewed 10/20
Yeah, deferred means your application will be looked at monthly. Waitlist means your application won't be looked at until April or May.What exactly does being deferred mean after an interview? Does it differ from being waitlisted?
moose on the loose
New Member
Also deferred just now, interviewed 10/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
I've been complete since mid-August so I'm wondering this as well/if any more IIs will be sent outHas the school sent out pre-interview rejections yet? I've been complete since mid October and haven't heard from them at all.
ohno-anyway
New Member
Deferred, interviewed 10/26
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
I'm sorry! when were you complete? I don't know what it means. I feel like this cycle is so weirdput on hold today, any idea what this means?
MollyWeasley
Full Member
+1Are they done sending out deferrals for the day? Interviewed late October and have not heard anything. Maybe they are behind on reviewing apps?
premedjazz
Full Member
sameI've been complete since mid-August so I'm wondering this as well/if any more IIs will be sent out
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
I'm so sorryr! when were you complete?Put on hold pre-II yesterday (12/21). At least it's an update
hopefulpremed100
Full Member
Can a current student talk about whether or not a car is needed for the first two years? I know that the third year and fourth year it would be a good idea. Just wanted to know if I should get a car before. Is there a good bus system or a shuttle system for students?
blueberry_premed
New Member
Got an II today! I was complete 10/14 MCAT 513 sGPA 3.8
congrats!! how far out are they scheduling interviews?Got an II today! I was complete 10/14 MCAT 513 sGPA 3.8
It depends on where you live. For strictly school purposes, you won't NEED one because anything you'd have to drive to, you're probably going to meet up at school and drive over with other people. With 260 students, you're bound to find locals/people who own cars.Can a current student talk about whether or not a car is needed for the first two years? I know that the third year and fourth year it would be a good idea. Just wanted to know if I should get a car before. Is there a good bus system or a shuttle system for students?
If you live in the city, the shuttle leaves from the New College Building (a.k.a. hahnemann RIP) so if you live within walking distance that'll be fine. Always catch the bus before the one you think will get you to class on time. Rush hour ruins the bus schedule (unavoidably so). Groceries, nightlife, etc are pretty much walking distance from any housing thats walking distance of the bus stop (if that makes sense).
If you live in manayunk, yes definitely you'll need a car. Its only 2 miles away from school and its a nice area, but you'll need it for groceries as well as getting to school
If you live within walking distance of the school itself, I have a car for my own convenience's sake, but a lot of people don't. Some people make friends and do group shopping trips to get groceries and stuff. Getting into the city for things isn't hard because the shuttle stop is right there.
alternatively, get your groceries delivered and you won't need a car anywhere unless you live in manayunk
blueberry_premed
New Member
Thank you! ahh I didn't check 🙁 I just scheduled mine for Jan 28. Sorry I couldn't be more helpfulcongrats!! how far out are they scheduling interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
anybody else get hit with the savage hold on christmas eve :/ ...i did
Jeez, you definitely don’t deserve that :/ sorry to hear, hope you get to destress during the holidaysanybody else get hit with the savage hold on christmas eve :/ ...i did
Is pre-II hold a silent R?
Most likely, I was reading through previous threads and saw 1-2 people get pulled out from hold, but the number was so small that I think it’s safe to assume that it’s pretty much R. So technically, hold is a hold but drexe hold has very minimal movementIs pre-II hold a silent R?