2020-2021 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my rejection letter this evening :/ crushed. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Did you all get that email couple of weeks ago? I wish you all the best, continue to persist you will be great doctors one day. Was it an email or portal change with “R”?
If you are willing to share your stats, please PM me. I am in a state of limbo!
I never received the interest email - and the rejection letter came through my email inbox.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also received a post II R yesterday :( good luck to the rest of you guys!! Hope you hear good news soon

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also received the post II R via email last night. I also received the interest email a few weeks ago. ECU's admission as been an abomination this year lol

Good luck to everyone still in it!

• Care
Sorry to hear about the Rs. Anybody else still in limbo waiting with me?

Reactions: 5 users
I keep checking my email every 5 minutes. I just want an answer 😭

Sorry to see the bad news. I hope you all have some options still in this cycle. Perhaps waitlist UNC?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who came off the waitlist last year, It was not exhausted but there was a very healthy amount of movement at the end of April/early May! That being said things are clearly different this year so who really knows.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we plz have a site admissions update today?
I’m tired of giving the fam my conspiracy theories

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Are they open to receiving letters of intent? I received the interest email a few weeks ago so I don’t want to annoy them since they already sent that to me.

Are they open to receiving letters of intent? I received the interest email a few weeks ago so I don’t want to annoy them since they already sent that to me.
I sent one in January after post interview silence, they said they added it to my file. Not sure if it was reviewed or not but I say shoot your shot.

Hopefully they call with acceptances today? Any insights from current students or anyone. I'm looking for some type of hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Idk I'm just hoping and since a lot of rejections went out this week, I figured they'll probably send out some acceptances. Also, yes it will be amazing to have acceptances for all of us waiting.
it certainly would! *fingers crossed*

May the odds be ever in our favor

Has anyone contacted them to see if they are even going to release an official WL this year?
In previous cycles it was released around late March, but we are creeping toward May with no update...
Also I am assuming everyone left at this point received and responded to the interest email.

• Hmm
Has anyone contacted them to see if they are even going to release an official WL this year?
In previous cycles it was released around late March, but we are creeping toward May with no update...
Also I am assuming everyone left at this point received and responded to the interest email.
I wonder how many people total received the interest email?

• Hmm
10 business days until the end of April...come on ECU, give us some decisions!!!!

I applied as a committed decision/early applicant with Oct 31 as the result deadline and they said that due to covid circumstances they couldn’t give me an answer and would consider me in regular application timeline. Interviewed and on 3/23 got that Continued Interest email. I subtly noted that yes, I did a committed application to ONLY Brody and am still very interested. After hearing someone say we’d hear in early April, as well as no Admissions Update, this wait is really something! I know they say no news is good news and Im happy to be in the running, but whew. What a wait.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I applied as a committed decision/early applicant with Oct 31 as the result deadline and they said that due to covid circumstances they couldn’t give me an answer and would consider me in regular application timeline. Interviewed and on 3/23 got that Continued Interest email. I subtly noted that yes, I did a committed application to ONLY Brody and am still very interested. After hearing someone say we’d hear in early April, as well as no Admissions Update, this wait is really something! I know they say no news is good news and Im happy to be in the running, but whew. What a wait.
Holy crap.... that sounds rough. I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. I would probably have bitten all my nails off by now if I were you. I can’t even imagine how frustrated you are

Reactions: 3 users
I am suddenly even more frustrated because you are in such a situation. I cannot believe they would do such!! Props to you for somewhat holding things together. I would have already flew off the handle.

Just curious, why did you choose early decision?

Amazing patience! I hope you do get in.🤞🏼🤞🏼

Holy crap.... that sounds rough. I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. I would probably have bitten all my nails off by now if I were you. I can’t even imagine how frustrated you are
Thank you! I've been patient but this past two weeks has been making me more eager for sure. This thread has kept me holding on!

I am suddenly even more frustrated because you are in such a situation. I cannot believe they would do such!! Props to you for somewhat holding things together. I would have already flew off the handle.
Hahaha I'm trying not to be frustrated as they originally said "We'll let you know by July" after my interview, but that has been slowly moving up and I kinda expected a result. Definitely antsy, surely just like all of us waiting.

Just curious, why did you choose early decision?
Hate to give the stereotypical response, but Brody specifically fit what I was looking for as well as my experience lining up with what they seem to be looking for. 4000 hours of clinical work in small town general medicine as well as liking specific parts of their program and education layout (like distinction track option in education). Price point is compelling too. I'll also admit that I thought the committed decision would carry some sort of weight about emphasizing commitment.

Thanks for sharing! I thought nothing would surprise me about Brody Adcom this year but your update took me aback. I hope there is an A for you soon!!!

My current lease (5 hours away from Greenville) ends May 17th, so you could say my obsessive email checking is gradually escalating....

My current lease (5 hours away from Greenville) ends May 17th, so you could say my obsessive email checking is gradually escalating....
I feel like they usually report on Tuesdays so hopefully today is the day! If no news means good news and in Brody's ideology the more you wait the better the news. It would only make sense if it's an acceptance. If not, they need to stop saying no news is good news.

• Haha
I feel like they usually report on Tuesdays so hopefully today is the day! If no news means good news and in Brody's ideology the more you wait the better the news. It would only make sense if it's an acceptance. If not, they need to stop saying no news is good news.
Yeah I was kind of seeing a trend in Tuesday’s. Fingers crossed, prayers sent, good vibes manifested, whatever else possible lol. Just holding on to “no news is good news” but news certainly would ease some anxiety!!!
most decisions seem to have been sent out in late evenings, is that what you’ve concluded too?

Yeah I was kind of seeing a trend in Tuesday’s. Fingers crossed, prayers sent, good vibes manifested, whatever else possible lol. Just holding on to “no news is good news” but news certainly would ease some anxiety!!!
most decisions seem to have been sent out in late evenings, is that what you’ve concluded too?
I'd be happy with even an April admissions update lol!

Reactions: 4 users