2020-2021 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they receptive to update letters and/or spring semester grades since being placed on WL?
I sent one Wednesday and haven't gotten confirmation. I am going to follow up today.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol well I guess that email answers my question.
Now we can just wait for more good news!

That email makes it sound as if there is not going to be a lot of movement. Do you agree?
Not necessarily!

I think it’s to stop us from being “pick me” applicants lol. It feels as if we are already ranked (even though they say we are not) if they aren’t reviewing anything new as we wait.

Tbh I think movement depends on people getting off WL at other schools they deem more desirable. I believe there should be clarity by mid-May.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I got a negative impression from that email

Reactions: 2 users
It was also contradictory to what is on their website. Not impressed

Yeah...I always had a good impression of Brody but this cycle definitely changed that a bit. They lacked the organization and communication that many of the other Med schools I interviewed at had.

Yeah I totally never expected this from Brody. The way they handled this cycle was so unorganized it's sad they do not care about the applicants. Literally if they were never going to read update letters or anything after interviews why did they say they are open to letters in the first place and why in the world do they say no news is good news when that is not what they stand by. They literally waited months just to waitlist/reject people.
I understand they are terribly understaffed and working remote. Perhaps s current student can confirm this.

I understand they are terribly understaffed and working remote. Perhaps s current student can confirm this.
I have asked a few current students and both of what you have said are correct.

I know we are all frustrated and everything now is out of our hands, but regardless of how their admissions team went about this cycle doesn’t change my opinion of Brody as a whole.

I don’t necessarily “trust the process” but having a realist view of accepting both outcomes and having a plan to follow has immensely helped my mindset :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have slagged Brody enough this year... they underperformed in comparison to previous years... but it is a seller's market. so let bygone be bygone...

But let's face it - we all (let's say 95% to be safe) would drop Brody in a heartbeat for UNC. Some people with As at Brody are on UNC WL right now. There will be movement.

Reactions: 4 users
I have asked a few current students and both of what you have said are correct.

I know we are all frustrated and everything now is out of our hands, but regardless of how their admissions team went about this cycle doesn’t change my opinion of Brody as a whole.

I don’t necessarily “trust the process” but having a realist view of accepting both outcomes and having a plan to follow has immensely helped my mindset :)
👍🏽👍🏽

Brody said they don't know if there will be any movement. So how I see it is if duke wake forest and UNC release WL offers, is it safe to assume that there is going to be huge movement coming up for Brody.

Brody said they don't know if there will be any movement. So how I see it is if duke wake forest and UNC release WL offers, is it safe to assume that there is going to be huge movement coming up for Brody.
I agree with your logic.... So Brody basically is saying that they have the full class right now and any WL is dependent on those 3 schools. Dang, do I now have to follow those threads too?!?!?

got in today! call from dr bright around 5:00

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A off the WL today around 5 pm. 3rd time reapplicant. Never thought this would happen. To my girlfriend who scours these threads for me, and to @DontSugarCoatIt, I couldn't have done it without you. For what it's worth, it takes just as much strength to accept good news from your peers as it does to take bad news yourself in this game. For as many condescending internet strangers I've seen on SDN, I've been amazed by what incredibly kind strangers there are too. So don't give up. You owe it to the strangers who will one day be your patients too.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Feeling very humble today! Finally got a call from Dr. Bright, was speechless! Feeling very thankful for the strength to persist through 2 brutal cycles. This cycle was determined I was not going to spend money applying to more than 2 schools UNC and Brody after being WL at both last cycle and A at a DO school. Only interview this cycle was Brody. 8 months of waiting... finally the news I thought I would not get!!!!! To all those who were kind enough to share your stats and encourage me THANK YOU! To all those still waiting don’t give up. You WILL be a GREAT doctor. 🤗👍🏽

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to all that got in! Thanks for keeping everyone updated. Hopefully more movement is to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ahh I remember seeing some of your on waitlist threads last year when we were all going through it, so excited for you all congrats!!

Huge congrats to everyone that has been accepted!!! That's amazing, it seems like so many from this list that were apprehensive have gotten in. I see that people from April 22 and the April 23 WL have been accepted. Still unclear how we're all ranked. It'd be cool if I could know what position I am in WL as I'm about to spend thousands reapplying lol. Getting accepted after reapplying would be an honor and a deep pain.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Huge congrats to everyone that has been accepted!!! That's amazing, it seems like so many from this list that were apprehensive have gotten in. I see that people from April 22 and the April 23 WL have been accepted. Still unclear how we're all ranked. It'd be cool if I could know what position I am in WL as I'm about to spend thousands reapplying lol. Getting accepted after reapplying would be an honor and a deep pain.
Yeah it would be amazing for Brody to tell us our position on the ranked list. Has anyone tried calling since if you did I might do that?

Got the A off the WL today around 5 pm. 3rd time reapplicant. Never thought this would happen. To my girlfriend who scours these threads for me, and to @DontSugarCoatIt, I couldn't have done it without you. For what it's worth, it takes just as much strength to accept good news from your peers as it does to take bad news yourself in this game. For as many condescending internet strangers I've seen on SDN, I've been amazed by what incredibly kind strangers there are too. So don't give up. You owe it to the strangers who will one day be your patients too.
You're the man (or woman idk)!!!

Yeah it would be amazing for Brody to tell us our position on the ranked list. Has anyone tried calling since if you did I might do that?
Hey, I just emailed the office and they stated that they are unable to share specific information on where a student falls on the list as well as their voted status (HA and A). That information is for their internal records only. They pretty much reiterated the information that was sent on the 5/3 email 😔

Hey, I just emailed the office and they stated that they are unable to share specific information on where a student falls on the list as well as their voted status (HA and A). That information is for their internal records only. They pretty much reiterated the information that was sent on the 5/3 email 😔
Dang that sucks!

What does HA stand for? And this really sad. They should be able to tell us at least if we are at high up the list or the bottom...

What does HA stand for? And this really sad. They should be able to tell us at least if we are at high up the list or the bottom...
I feel your frustration, I said this last cycle and will say it hear again, when some of us get on the adcoms let’s make this process less painful for applicants. It makes no sense to put your life on hold literally for 8-9 months and for some brave ones for couple cycles of 8-9 months!

HA = Highly Acceptable vs A = Acceptable. When the committee reviews/votes on applicants, they put them into various categories. The HA and A students would typically make up the waitlist, but we are blinded to what category we fall into.

What would their incentive be to not release this information?

Last edited:
Dear heavenly father Mile Down and other medicine gods please allow us to get in this week

• Haha
If one is on the wait list at another school can they put plan to enroll on amcas to you accepted spot or is there a deadline where I have to change it to commit to enroll?

If one is on the wait list at another school can they put plan to enroll on amcas to you accepted spot or is there a deadline where I have to change it to commit to enroll?
Are you asking whether coming off the waitlist forces you to commit to enroll there sooner?

Are you asking whether coming off the waitlist forces you to commit to enroll there sooner?
Yes, my friend was recently accepted off the wait list and she is wondering whether to pick plan to enroll or commit to enroll? They still have wait list positions so that's why?

Yes, my friend was recently accepted off the wait list and she is wondering whether to pick plan to enroll or commit to enroll? They still have wait list positions so that's why?
Oh! You just have to plan to enroll! I mean if they don’t have WLs or just know they wanna go then of course CTE would be better for everyone else involved but PTE is the only thing required until the CTE deadline comes around.

Oh! You just have to plan to enroll! I mean if they don’t have WLs or just know they wanna go then of course CTE would be better for everyone else involved but PTE is the only thing required until the CTE deadline comes around.
When is CTE deadline?

Just withdrew from waitlist!

Just got the call from Dr. Bright so just know that movement is happening and there’s still hope for you guys!

Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew from the waitlist. Wishing everyone who’s still awaiting a decision the best of luck! 🤞

Just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck everyone!