2020-2021 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd be happy with even an April admissions update lol!

Admissions Update for the Entering Class of 2021​

As of April 15, 2021 we have:

• Received 1208 AMCAS applications by the November 1, 2020 deadline.
  • Interviewed 407 applicants. We completed the interview process in February.
  • Made 107 offers.
    (Generally it takes 120-135 offers to fill a class)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

• Made 107 offers.
Well F***

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Look, I don't care if I am #135. I just wanna go to Brody lol

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed pool is huge! Not sure if WL, A or R is next for those waiting!

• Sad
I've literally lost all hope after seeing 107.

Last edited:

• Made 107 offers.
Are they reading this thread!? lol I posted that while there wasnt an update. Anyways hooray more spots are available!! Wouldn't it be wild if they also said how many people are left in the 300 interviewed without offers.

Reactions: 2 users
When you get a phone call but it's another "your car's extended warranty" spam call >>>>>>. Love that

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Are they reading this thread!? lol I posted that while there wasnt an update. Anyways hooray more spots are available!! Wouldn't it be wild if they also said how many people are left in the 300 interviewed without offers.
It depends on how many people are there total. Because if theres like 200 people still left and 13 spots that could be bad.

• Made 107 offers.

In case you care... they made 26 offers in 6 weeks or so. I guess they are really being careful!!!

So class size is about 86. They have 20 too many but they typically accept about 20 more. I would think that "120-135" includes WL movement, which would mean more waiting.... BUT I just edited this post with last year's update. There were more As at this time last year... so perhaps more to time come before May 1st and that they are just behind. So, optimistically speaking, maybe 10 more As by the end of the month?!?!?!

As of March 1, 2021 we have:
  • Interviewed 407 applicants. Completed interviews in February.
  • Made 81 offers.

As of April 21, 2020 we have:

• Received 1025 AMCAS applications (final)
  • Received 927 Supplementary applications (final)
  • Interviewed 427 applicants (final)
  • Made 116 offers

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
As of June 25, 2020 we have:
  • Received 1025 AMCAS applications (final)
  • Received 927 Supplementary applications (final)
  • Interviewed 427 applicants (final)
  • Made 145 offers
I've also been collecting the stats lol. I really appreciate that you do too and know you had posted this earlier so I thought I'd reshare!

Though we do not know how many of us are still left, we also don't know what movement will look like just yet.
This process has really been something for my mental health but hopefully we will have some news by the end of this month :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming no one heard anything new this week?
My guess is that they are waiting for the people they just gave offers to time to accept or decline. B/c most people have to narrow decisions to one med school by April 30 (I think)?

Waitlisted interviewed early Feb 👍🏻

• Love
Is there anyone who hasn’t received a A, WL, or R yet? I’ve only received the email asking about continued interest and I interviewed in October.

Reactions: 7 users
Is there anyone who hasn’t received a A, WL, or R yet? I’ve only received the email asking about continued interest and I interviewed in October.
I’m in the same boat!

• Care
I got waitlisted last year.. assuming im gonna get rejected if i didnt get the email. Which makes no sense

• Care
Same. I'm guessing R's are on their way shortly :(

• Sad
Even if I get rejected, at least it’s a decision. I just hate that I had to wait over 7 months for a decision.

Same. Total silence... I’m getting nervous.

"The Optimism Bias" by Tali Sharot would suggest otherwise...but I hope you are correct lol.
lol its just me and my wishful thinking. I don't have an A yet and I am on 2 WLs so far. Also, I'm going to have to get that book. 🤓

lol its just me and my wishful thinking. I don't have an A yet and I am on 2 WLs so far. Also, I'm going to have to get that book. 🤓
Best of luck to you!! But yes, it's a good read.

Best of luck to you!! But yes, it's a good read.
and to you! We can get through this.

I'm always looking for a good book to read. Even though I already have a stack of books (that gets taller and taller) of books to read in the que.

Really interesting to be in limbo right now. We made it through 2 rejections waves and now a waitlist wave. Hmm?

• Haha
I thought there would be some movement today since I think one of the previous Thursdays they did a wave of rejections. No WL email here. Still in Limbo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Congratulations to all of you who are WL are any of you re-applicants previously WL at Brody?

So is it safe to say that if you didn't receive WL email you are most likely rejected. I don't see why they can't reject people in the morning also. One either there are more WL spots or two there are still accpetances to be given or three they just are going to reject us later? What do yall think? It looks like only two got waitlisted from SDN which is odd given I would assume more people would've been waitlisted?

So is it safe to say that if you didn't receive WL email you are most likely rejected. I don't see why they can't reject people in the morning also. One either there are more WL spots or two there are still accpetances to be given or three they just are going to reject us later? What do yall think?
They said earlier this week that there are like 20 acceptances to be given out. On top of that they will wait list people. So unless they accepted that many this week, then there are still A's to come, WL's to come, and R's to come. No clue why they seem to happen at different times.

• Love
They said earlier this week that there are like 20 acceptances to be given out. On top of that they will wait list people. So unless they accepted that many this week, then there are still A's to come, WL's to come, and R's to come. No clue why they seem to happen at different times.
So it's safe to say there is still hope because you literally made me feel way better. I haven't received a single acceptance and I'm really upset.

• Care
Brody if you're reading this I love you and I will give you forehead kisses if you give me a response

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Who said that earlier this week? Very good news.

What would be very helpful if current med students at Brody with any insight would chime in and put our nerves to rest a bit!

Who said that earlier this week? Very good news.
Just estimating from the admission's update as of April 15th.
  • Made 107 offers.
Maybe they've accepted those already, but we don't have a way of knowing. I expect they haven't otherwise they wouldn't have updated us right before the numbers change again.

So it's safe to say there is still hope because you literally made me feel way better. I haven't received a single acceptance and I'm really upset.
I feel you. You're in my thoughts!!

I thought there would be some movement today since I think one of the previous Thursdays they did a wave of rejections. No WL email here. Still in Limbo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brody if you're reading this I love you and I will give you forehead kisses if you give me a response
I am completely behind and supportive of you since you applied for early admission and have likely waited longer than 95% of the people here.

What would be very helpful if current med students at Brody with any insight would chime in and put our nerves to rest a bit!
current M1 here again - I wish I had some insight for you. this is way later than anything took last year (as you probably already know) and I'd assume it's almost entirely because of COVID; virtually the entire school is still working remotely including admin so a lot of things are moving at a snail's pace even for us current students. I'm not connected with admissions in any way or I would try to offer some reassurance, but all I can say is hang in there and I hope that all of you get good news soon.