2020-2021 East Carolina (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So admissions just said they were sending em out in batches to avoid getting a bunch of responses. So there’s still hope for those of us who haven’t gotten them :blackeye:
Did you call them or get an email regarding them sending it out in batches because people are worrying it might be good or bad news but if they are sending them just in batches then the email means nothing. FYI I didn't get email either.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you call them or get an email regarding them sending it out in batches because people are worrying it might be good or bad news but if they are sending them just in batches then the email means nothing. FYI I didn't get email either.
Called. Maybe it could be spread out over days? Idk. I told them my name and that I interviewed but it sounds like anyone who interviewed is getting one bc I doubt she recognized my name. Either way it was really nice that they even told me that info, most schools would’ve said 🤚

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Awesome! That means for those of us who haven't received an email we still have equal hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Called. Maybe it could be spread out over days? Idk. I told them my name and that I interviewed but it sounds like anyone who interviewed is getting one bc I doubt she recognized my name. Either way it was really nice that they even told me that info, most schools would’ve said 🤚
Hopefully that means that the waiting will end shortly after they receive all the responses from the email waves. It’d be nice to know one way or the other finally.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully that means that the waiting will end shortly after they receive all the responses from the email waves. It’d be nice to know one way or the other finally.
I really feel like there is a much better way to obtain this information than emailing each applicant. Props to them for going through all these emails.

Reactions: 1 users
I really feel like there is a much better way to obtain this information than emailing each applicant. Props to them for going through all these emails.
Props to them? How about they just make a decision about a candidate and give them an answer? They owe that to us. It seems they are so busy trying to protect their "yield" that they have lost their way. Honestly...we have no way of knowing what they are doing, but it doesn't feel like a particularly efficient system. We all know they are going to lose a certain percentage of their class to "other" NC schools...so JUST FIGURE THAT INTO YOUR CALCULUS for building a class and get on with it. I think the BSOM wants it to look like they are more competitive than they are. It just is what it is--doesn't take a rocket scientist to interpret the admission stats. Stop trying to spin it in an effort to make the world believe it is something different than it is! Make an offer to those you think are good for your school and send the others to the WL or reject them. Sorry...rant over.

Reactions: 2 users
Props to them? How about they just make a decision about a candidate and give them an answer? They owe that to us. It seems they are so busy trying to protect their "yield" that they have lost their way. Honestly...we have no way of knowing what they are doing, but it doesn't feel like a particularly efficient system. We all know they are going to lose a certain percentage of their class to "other" NC schools...so JUST FIGURE THAT INTO YOUR CALCULUS for building a class and get on with it. I think the BSOM wants it to look like they are more competitive than they are. It just is what it is--doesn't take a rocket scientist to interpret the admission stats. Stop trying to spin it in an effort to make the world believe it is something different than it is! Make an offer to those you think are good for your school and send the others to the WL or reject them. Sorry...rant over.
I really don't have an axe to grind so I will let their stats speak for themselves:

BTW, we all know you have to be a NC resident to attend Brody. Most people would agree that Brody is at the bottom of MD schools in NC but above Campbell DO. I would assume most people applying to Brody have also applied to UNC and Campbell.

If you have been accepted by UNC, then does that mean you are 100% no longer interested in Brody? No, right? Because you want to see if you can qualify for scholarship.

If you have been accepted by Campbell, then you are still hopeful to "trade up" for MD.

If you have been WL by UNC and Campbell, then you still need A or even WL from Brody.

If you have been accepted by OOS or private medical schools, you may still be interested in Brody given the lower cost.

If you have an A elsewhere, why self-select out now? If you got into Duke and are waiting for Brody, why tell Brody you are no longer interested now?

I still haven’t gotten that email asking if I’m still interested in Brody. Do you guys think that means something or are they sending them to certain groups first? I’m wondering if I should call about it but I don’t want to seem too desperate about it?

I don’t think that email means a damn thing. Just my 2 cents

I don’t think that email means a damn thing. Just my 2 cents
I totally agree. There's a lot of emails and if it is not an acceptance email or phone call it means absolutely nothing. Everybody is going to look for some hope for an answer so that leads to a bunch a unnecessary stress and speculation.

Just called admissions again and they clarified emails would be sent out over multiple days. Providing this as an update for those who wanted to know. Doesn't mean anything except keep an eye out, and there is a nice person answering phone calls in the office. 🤠

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Post-II R tonight. Been a good run, guys! 3 WLs in my third cycle. War, war never changes.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed in November and haven't gotten this email.

Interviewed in November and haven't gotten this email.
Please don’t put any weight on this email, you can get it and be WL or get R! It’s a crap shoot. Honestly this process seems like it has no logical pattern to it! Just don’t check SDN for a long time, live your life because once we get in it ain’t easy either! I’m gonna try and follow my own advice here. Hang in there fellas!!! It’s going to be a bumpy ride but we all will land on our two feet no matter what we end up pursuing this fall!

A previous poster mentioned they called admissions and that they were sending them out in waves.
I actually saw that - just wanted to keep everyone updated!

Has anyone been accepted without having taken statistics? I'm still trying to determine if I need to sign up to take it and let ECU know in the hopes that it might make a difference post-II

Any updates today? I hope everyone gets final decisions this week...

Got an email that my application is still under review. I interviewed in October

Edit: Email felt essentially like a waitlist without using the word waitlist. Asked to confirm if I wanted to still be considered.

Got an email that my application is still under review. I interviewed in October

Edit: Email felt essentially like a waitlist without using the word waitlist. Asked to confirm if I wanted to still be considered.
Everyone is getting this from what was noted previously in this thread.

Are we meant to not include anything in the body of our email response? They wording of the email they sent makes it seem like they just want your response in the subject line. I just feel informal not including anything in the body, but don't want to seem like I'm sending a letter of intent either

Are we meant to not include anything in the body of our email response? They wording of the email they sent makes it seem like they just want your response in the subject line. I just feel informal not including anything in the body, but don't want to seem like I'm sending a letter of intent either
I put in the message that I am still very interested in consideration to pursue a position at Brody. Something like that, literally 1 short line. They responded "received, thanks!"

What if I didn't receive a follow email with thanks after sending it like the user above me?

What if I didn't receive a follow email with thanks after sending it like the user above me?
I honestly don't think it matters. Some people haven't received it yet at all, and some people are getting the email multiple times. I'm sure they have many emails to go through. Brody has been pretty good with acknowledging emails, so I'd guess that they maybe they are inundated with emails and haven't been that deep in their inbox or they may have just forgotten to send a response. I'm sure if you call, they can confirm receipt of your email.

I got a "received" note after replying. I would give it a few days and then follow up if you deem necessary.

Emailed admissions and asked when final decisions would be sent out and they replied: "At this time, we do not have an expected date just yet. We’re hopeful for some time towards the end of April."

Emailed admissions and asked when final decisions would be sent out and they replied: "At this time, we do not have an expected date just yet. We’re hopeful for some time towards the end of April."
My god, END of april? That’s late af, especially if it’s a waitlist notification

Reactions: 4 users
I really hope this is not true. That's an insane amount of waiting.

I really hope this is not true. That's an insane amount of waiting.
Do you think they have admitted everyone that they wanted and dragging this out as part of WL movement (and some "wait and see" how the fallout from other schools impact them?!) Their philosophy is no news is good news... (or assume you are accepted until rejected....) Stay hopeful!

Are we assuming that everyone/the majority who interviewed that do not hold an offer or declined interest (following the email) are still undecided?
If so, there will be a large number of applicants ghosted until late April... it feels as if they want other schools to start pulling from waitlist first then pick from the remaining who are still interested.

My M1 friend joined the 2025 fb group and said about 50% of those in it are current students. I hope that is a bit reassuring for anyone wondering.
I am a realist but I still don't think we should lose hope!

Are we assuming that everyone/the majority who interviewed that do not hold an offer or declined interest (following the email) are still undecided?
If so, there will be a large number of applicants ghosted until late April... it feels as if they want other schools to start pulling from waitlist first then pick from the remaining who are still interested.

My M1 friend joined the 2025 fb group and said about 50% of those in it are current students. I hope that is a bit reassuring for anyone wondering.
I am a realist but I still don't think we should lose hope!
Doesn't that mean not many students are accepting their offers? Don't you only have 2 weeks to respond to an offer of admission?

Doesn't that mean not many students are accepting their offers? Don't you only have 2 weeks to respond to an offer of admission?
Not necessarily! I am sure at this point applicants can hold multiple offers and especially may do so as they await financial aid packages.

I’m surprised that no one has reported hearing anything this week.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
So anybody know what's going on with Brody? I haven't heard nothing since that email.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
So anybody know what's going on with Brody? I haven't heard nothing since that email.
At this point I would be happy to get a rejection email so I can confirm the people in admissions there are still alive.

Positive vibes to everyone and hope we all hear good news this week!

• Love
How worried should I be if I never got the "email"
They could still be sending them out...hopes for you to get it soon! You could also call and ask for confirmation if you are worried.

Yo I got sh$t to do Brody. Accept or deny. If I gotta tell my mom one more time “I haven’t heard yet” I’m gonna evaporate

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Can any current medical students on admissions give any insight on an approximate week to expect something from Brody? Anything will be helpful.