2021-2022 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They didn’t add any updates today to the tracker!! So that’s hopeful for us that are waiting on As. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
All this waiting is eating away at me. Hoping to hear good news for all of us soon!

• Care
Are the interviews open-file? Also, are they really 50 minutes long? Any last-minute advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the interviews open-file? Also, are they really 50 minutes long? Any last-minute advice would be appreciated!
Both of mine were open file, and the time depends on how you and your interviewer feel. If both of you get through all your questions, it could be shorter than 50 mins. Or it could be like one of mine and we took 60 and wanted more haha. Either way, my experience (and everyone else's, from what I can tell) is that the interviewers are very conversational. Literally just be yourself and act like you're getting to know a new friend (a new friend that has a particular interest in your medical school journey), that's what it felt like for me. Absolutely wonderful experience, I definitely over-prepared. Best of luck!

Both of mine were open file, and the time depends on how you and your interviewer feel. If both of you get through all your questions, it could be shorter than 50 mins. Or it could be like one of mine and we took 60 and wanted more haha. Either way, my experience (and everyone else's, from what I can tell) is that the interviewers are very conversational. Literally just be yourself and act like you're getting to know a new friend (a new friend that has a particular interest in your medical school journey), that's what it felt like for me. Absolutely wonderful experience, I definitely over-prepared. Best of luck!
Awesome!! Thank you so much! Very excited

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they’re meeting today?

Just got the call! Received secondary in early Aug but officially completed in Sept because I did not realized Quillen never got my Casper Snapshot…. IS, Interviewed on 12/9.

I just got placed on active hold. OOS, interviewed in early November.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
GOT THE A! Literally shaking!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I thought that email was going to be an R 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted FB page or GroupMe? Btw they updated the entering class statistics page!

Is there an accepted FB page or GroupMe? Btw they updated the entering class statistics page!
I think admissions usually create a FB page that they share when they update the entering students webpage. I’m not sure about a Groupme. If you find one or make one, I’d love to be added.

II an hour ago! OOS, but in a state that shares a border. Stats in signature. Don't lose hope! There are definitely a few IIs still floating around out there!

Rejected post interview just now! I’m IS. Interviewed 9/13 and had been on hold since October 15. Great school and one that I would have definitely considered, but in hindsight I probably don’t fit their mission very well

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Rejected post interview just now! I’m IS. Interviewed 9/13 and had been on hold since October 15. Great school and one that I would have definitely considered, but in hindsight I probably don’t fit their mission very well
Received post interview rejection as well. Interviewed Oct 15th. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
  • Care
Everyone with an A make sure to log into the portal and put down your deposit! You only have 14 days to do so from the time of acceptance.

Last edited:
For those that have already interviewed, do you have any tips? How was the interview and the interviewers?

For those that have already interviewed, do you have any tips? How was the interview and the interviewers?
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I've been trying to not look at SDN and reddit too much because of stress lol. If you haven't already interviewed/haven't received any tips yet feel free to message me!

Reposting what I said earlier in response to a similar question:

Is the committee meeting next Thursday, or did they meet yesterday?

Reposting what I said earlier in response to a similar question:
Does open file include everything including grades and MCAT?

I can't say for sure, as they never directly addressed my grades or MCAT (but they definitely had access to the rest of my AMCAS application based on specific questions that were asked). I imagine each experience is going to differ since they have many interviewers. My impression was that my interviewers only had a couple questions they were "required" to ask (standard questions). Everything else was very free-flow and conversational, they absolutely were wonderful people who made me comfortable even when asking tougher questions.

Both of my interviewers did not have access to my GPA, MCAT, or even where I went to school. They had access to my PS, LORs, activities, and supplemental essay responses.

My friend who is IS just got accepted today!

• Love
II an hour ago! OOS, but in a state that shares a border. Stats in signature. Don't lose hope! There are definitely a few IIs still floating around out there!
Ended up declining my interview as I have been accepted to the program I'll likely attend. Good luck to all still waiting!

Do you guys think there will be more movement soon? Still on active hold and slowly losing hope every other Thursday :,)

Does anyone know how many people typically get put on hold per cycle? And of those holds how many end up getting accepted?

Not a lot of posts on this thread…anyone heard anything recently??

For those still waiting to hear back, admissions just sent out an email today to accepted applicants urging them to make a decision and withdraw from Quillen if that is no longer an option that they are considering. This may help with some movement on the hold list. Best of luck!

Just received the R after a post-II hold. Interviewed November.

Received the R after being on active hold for the past 2 months. Looks like it was a bloodbath today, good luck to everyone.