2020-2021 Florida International

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed the admissions office last week to verify if they received my secondary (submitted around 7/15) and they responded:
"
Thank you for expressing interest in the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine.

We have received your application and it is complete. We look forward to reviewing it soon.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there is a portal to check your application status online? The secondary application does not have status updates such as "complete" and what was received nor does it have a place where those would appear...
 
Submitted second week of July; I reached out to them and was told they have not begun to review my application yet and will let me know whether I am complete at that time (hopefully soon lol)
 
Could you share what the complete email looks like? Thanks

“ Thank you for your application to the FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine.

We have received your completed Supplemental Application and we look forward to reviewing it soon. Please note that once your Supplemental Application has been submitted, you will no longer be able to add and/or edit your application. In addition, the Office of Admissions and Recruitment cannot add and/or edit application information or components on your behalf.

Should you have any questions regarding the application cycle, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected].”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I know it's early, but I just wanted to hop on here and offer any assistance to those applying to HWCOM this year. I'm an incoming M1 here next month, so I just went through this process last year. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Best of luck this cycle! It's grueling and intimidating but so so so worth it in the end.

Could you speak to what the interview was like? Tricky questions? Things to prepare for?
 
Thats GREAT!! Congrats. I’m sorry... I’m new to sdn, what does LM 76 and ORM mean? Also, when is your interview? Good luck!! I’m an FIU undergrad looking forward to hearing from them soon (hopefully).
LM is LizzyM it’s a combined metric of GPA + mcat. ORM= over represented in medicine
 
Interviewing here tomorrow. Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? It doesn’t show on the excel sheet. And going through last years thread it looks like no one was straight up rejected once they got an interview, only waitlisted.
 
Interviewing here tomorrow. Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? It doesn’t show on the excel sheet. And going through last years thread it looks like no one was straight up rejected once they got an interview, only waitlisted.

Post-II acceptance for IS: 60.42% For OOS: 51.48% per the excel sheet from what I can see. FIU is in between UF and FSU on the list.
 
Interviewing here tomorrow. Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? It doesn’t show on the excel sheet. And going through last years thread it looks like no one was straight up rejected once they got an interview, only waitlisted.
Congrats on the II and good luck!!! Also when did you submit your secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those of you who got a II, when did you get a confirmation email with details after scheduling your interview on the portal? I still haven't gotten the email and I'm getting worried. thank you!
 
People might have said this earlier but has anyone else read about FIU holding people back a year? I read an account that was pretty horrible if true.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the policy for FIU on giving updates? Are they emailed/etc. or is there a spot in the portal? Also, if anyone has any insight on if now is an appropriate time to be sending those. For reference, they are relatively substantial updates. Not sure if they should be submitted this early in the cycle yet (esp since it seems they haven't been too active).
Send it in