You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Florida International
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II received this morning! LM 71. IS. Super excited.
when were you complete? 🙂II received this morning! LM 71. IS. Super excited.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/17when were you complete? 🙂
loveangel2206
Full Member
Congratulations! When were you complete?II today, OOS!
Congratulations! When were you complete?
7/27
II in this morning IS!
Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary? Your stats?II in this morning IS!
Congrats!! When did you submit your secondary? Your stats?
Secondary submitted July 14. for stats, DM me and I would be happy to respond!
Mutchhouse26
Full Member
where did you hear this? I have never heard of anything like this and feels like it would be blown up more if it were true.People might have said this earlier but has anyone else read about FIU holding people back a year? I read an account that was pretty horrible if true.
where did you hear this? I have never heard of anything like this and feels like it would be blown up more if it were true.
is anyone else here a re-applicant? i interviewed here last cycle and remained on the WL. do you know if interviewing before increases, decreases, or does nothing to affect a chance of re-interview?
Completed app 10/16
Completed app 10/16
D
deleted739272
Have you checked the school's website if they address this? I imagine if your primary and secondary have improved since last cycle then I doubt it would hurt you, it would probably help.is anyone else here a re-applicant? i interviewed here last cycle and remained on the WL. do you know if interviewing before increases, decreases, or does nothing to affect a chance of re-interview?
Completed app 10/16
lovepickles
Full Member
for those who got IIs, when did you receive information about the interview details? my interview is on wednesday and I haven't gotten anything yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe 2 days before the interview.for those who got IIs, when did you receive information about the interview details? my interview is on wednesday and I haven't gotten anything yet
I'm so nervous, I feel like on paper I am a great fit. I got the interview invite September 16th (I am unsure when they started but thats the earliest date for an II on this thread) and I submitted late like August 18th. So they took less than a month to send an invite. On paper it seems they want me but I have a super low GPA "3.0" and an ok MCAT of 515 and I am URM. I did "eh" maybe a 6/10 on the interview and I get my decision this Tuesday. Is there anything I can do to increase my odds of not getting waitlisted. I fit their mission very well and I think they know that but the interview has me nervous. I have multiple interviews but none of them matter if I get in here. Do letters stating I am definitely going to enroll help here? Please help. This is definitely my best fit school, but it is a two-way street.
"ok mcat" dude FIU's average is a 510 and you're a URM with a 515 lol. Youll be more than fineI'm so nervous, I feel like on paper I am a great fit. I got the interview invite September 16th (I am unsure when they started but thats the earliest date for an II on this thread) and I submitted late like August 18th. So they took less than a month to send an invite. On paper it seems they want me but I have a super low GPA "3.0" and an ok MCAT of 515 and I am URM. I did "eh" maybe a 6/10 on the interview and I get my decision this Tuesday. Is there anything I can do to increase my odds of not getting waitlisted. I fit their mission very well and I think they know that but the interview has me nervous. I have multiple interviews but none of them matter if I get in here. Do letters stating I am definitely going to enroll help here? Please help. This is definitely my best fit school, but it is a two-way street.
I immediately can't take someone seriously when they say that a 515 is "ok"
I immediately can't take someone seriously when they say that a 515 is "ok"
I honestly felt I could've done better if I wasn't going through stuff at the time, so thats why I often consider it an "OK" score. Everyone has different reference points for what an OK MCAT score is. I am not sure it is enough to overcome a 3.0 GPA as well as a poor interview. There are a few red flags on my app so I am just worried in general.
lovepickles
Full Member
thank you!! 🙂Maybe 2 days before the interview.
futuremd25!
Full Member
Anyone know if they do virtual visits? And if so on what day during interview week?
will scott
Full Member
Just got the acceptance call! And I thought my interview went horribly so hope that relieves your stress if you have an interview coming up!
lovepickles
Full Member
congrats!! when was your interview?Just got the acceptance call! And I thought my interview went horribly so hope that relieves your stress if you have an interview coming up!
Mutchhouse26
Full Member
Accepted! 510, 3.78, OOS. Very excited!!
lovepickles
Full Member
Accepted! 510, 3.78, OOS. Very excited!!
congrats!! 🙂 when was your interview?
mine is this week so i'm wondering when I'll hear back!
confused--
Full Member
Accepted! 510, 3.9+, OOS. Interviewed on 9/29.
Accepted! Just got the call. IS, LM 76. Interviewed early October
Accepted: 515, 3.0 interviewed October 1st IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted: 508, 3.7, IS, interviewed October 8
Accepted: 515, 3.0 interviewed October 1st IS
Just read your earlier post where you were super nervous. Just wanted to say congrats!!! You deserve it!
futuremd25!
Full Member
Congrats!!! What was the interview like? And was there a virtual visit?Accepted: 515, 3.0 interviewed October 1st IS
Mutchhouse26
Full Member
congrats!! 🙂 when was your interview?
mine is this week so i'm wondering when I'll hear back!
9/30/2020
For anyone that interviewed, on their website, they mention viewing the 'pre-recorded modules' to prepare for the interview. However I can't find these modules anywhere, anyone know where to find them?
lovepickles
Full Member
they will send you the link 2 days before your interview 🙂For anyone that interviewed, on their website, they mention viewing the 'pre-recorded modules' to prepare for the interview. However I can't find these modules anywhere, anyone know where to find them?
Tacit Venom
New Member
Has anyone that submitted their secondary late august - early September received an II?
Mutchhouse26
Full Member
does anybody have recommendations on where to look for housing in miami? safe areas, affordable, new, nice, etc. any info is appreciated!
lovepickles
Full Member
How is everyone dressing for the Virtual Cafecito Hour?
I am currently looking at Kendall (per recommendation of a former FIU med student who is now a pediatrician) and brickell (most expensive but nice and close)does anybody have recommendations on where to look for housing in miami? safe areas, affordable, new, nice, etc. any info is appreciated!
They just want to have a conversation with you, its pretty chill no curve balls. Just talk to people. Um yeah they send you some stuff that serves as an introduction to the campus. I know Dean Jones stated he wanted to invite us down.Congrats!!! What was the interview like? And was there a virtual visit?
The Dragon of the West
Full Member
Sweetwater, Doral, and Tamiami are good places to start. I would avoid Brickell because the COL is insanely high. Kendall will work if you're okay with heavy traffic commutes.
thisismylastresort
Full Member
Anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is for this school?
DearFutureDoctor
Full Member
Can you submit updates here?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Has anyone complete in mid/late August heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Dragon of the West
Full Member
Has anyone complete in mid/late August heard back yet?
Nope!
Negative!Nope!
Oh good, there are others experiencing silence?Negative!
Not an expert on the subject, but pretty sure that even if you were to establish Florida residency, the university would still consider you an OOS for the remainder of the 4 years. might want to contact the Fin AID office to be certain.Does anyone know how easy it is to get a Florida residency (like after your first year as a student at FIU)? Really like this school but the OOS tuition for all 4 years would be a killer.... 🙁