2020-2021 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like it's a slim chance but I'm on the medium waitlist and sent a letter of intent. I've been accepted at PCOM GA and LMU-DCOM Knoxville and will be attending at LMU if I don't hear back from ICOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted today from high/high WL, the day after I submitted an LOI FWIW!!!!!!!!

Hope some of you folks are rock climbers! Vertical View across the street looks epic, I plan to spend at least 5 days a week there haha.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Congrats on your acceptances, and hopefully those of you on the WL hear back soon:) I am not applying to the school, but I am a young professional that lives in the area. If you have any questions about Idaho, or if you are interested in a roommate, feel free to DM me!

Accepted today from high/high WL, the day after I submitted an LOI FWIW!!!!!!!!

Hope some of you folks are rock climbers! Vertical View across the street looks epic, I plan to spend at least 5 days a week there haha.
You were high or "highest" tier?

Got an email asking if I was still interested in staying on the waitlist. I'm guessing everyone got that email?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there. I will be withdrawing my acceptance from ICOM within this next week and I hope it goes to one of you fellow SDN users.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if we will be eligible for federally student loans after the first year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an in state acceptance so I decided to give up my seat at ICOM today. Best of luck to y'all!!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
I just called a from Ms. Martin saying I’m up next on the list (I’m part of just the high tier WL). She did say they’re seeing WL movement more now around 1 seat opening up every other day or so

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them last week and they said there was still about 60 people on the high waitlist
That's interesting/thank you for sharing! I thought the WL email said that there were 50 people per 'rank' group and 150 altogether? 60 is a lot more than I thought for just the HWL

is there a class of 2025 GroupMe? I’m trying to figure out my roommate/ housing situation

Officially got the call and acceptance email this morning! High waitlist :) I did send them an update letter last week regarding grade updates and an official transcript

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Will be withdrawing my acceptance as I got an offer closer to home. Best wishes to all of you still on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today (and was on the High WL)! Wanted to share for those also waiting, we got this!!

Reactions: 2 users
This is a Hail Mary and totally unrelated but any second years on here want to tell me how Prometric has been about canceling boards for you in Idaho?

Did everyone on medium tier get the email about still being interested in staying on the waitlist yesterday?

Got the acceptance call on Monday (June 7th)!!! I was on the high waitlist. Good luck to all who are waiting-I hope you hear soon!!

• Love
Just got the call!!! Can barely speak. So happy and in shock. Was mid tier.

Does anyone know if there’s an accepted student page/group?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the call about 1pm today!! I was a babbling fool on the phone. Couldn't even complete a full sentence. I’ve been on the waitlist since November 😅 See you all next month 🥳

Last edited:
  • Love
Interviewed 10/13, Waitlisted 10/16, Medium Waitlist Group 3/1, Accepted 6/22.

I withdrew my seat today as I got an acceptance closer to home.

Has anyone seen anything about where/what textbooks we need to purchase?
Dont worry about purchasing any textbooks just yet. 95% of the books you will need will have remote access online and can easily be accessed via your iPad that you will be given or from a computer through the library's website. If you are itching to get a book, the OPP book by Savarese that was plugged by Dr. Rau is a good investment. It will pay off for you to have that book when the exams roll around.

Any current students have recommendations about the medical supplies list? Is everything absolutely necessary to buy?

Any current students have recommendations about the medical supplies list? Is everything absolutely necessary to buy?
Stethoscope is the only thing absolutely necessary for the first block. A second year can probably loan you their other stuff.