2020-2021 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats for everybody with the portal change! When were your interview dates?

I interviewed 9/29

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
My portal also says admitted!! Interviewed 9/24.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have the same status!! interviewed 9/29!!! Lets goo!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you! I interviewed on Sep 29th. I found the status on the Workday portal (they helped us register a Workday account after the interview).
where in the workday portal they show the status? is there a status tab? I only see a bunch of requirements checkmarks on my portal.

Reactions: 1 user
where in the workday portal they show the status? is there a status tab? I only see a bunch of requirements checkmarks on my portal.

I think perhaps only up to 9/30 have a decision thus far. Status It very clear right above the check marks.

Question for those who already interviewed and sent in their thank you letters. Did you guys send 3 separate emails to admissions so that each email individual can be forwarded to each interviewer? Or did you guys just send in one email to admissions that was sent to all 3 of your interviewers?
Thanks!

Question for those who already interviewed and sent in their thank you letters. Did you guys send 3 separate emails to admissions so that each email individual can be forwarded to each interviewer? Or did you guys just send in one email to admissions that was sent to all 3 of your interviewers?
Thanks!

1 email to admissions- 4 different thank you letters attachments (4 pdfs). Then it's forwarded by admissions to the interviewers.

Just got the official email - Accepted Kansas City Campus. Interview 9/29.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted!! KCU- Kansas City . Super excited for this school. Congratulations to all who got acceptance today.

Reactions: 8 users
Congratulations! Did you specify KC campus or did you choose either on your primary?

Put either on the primary. Secondary reported Joplin, not sure why. Emailed them, they said it's my primary answer that mattered. Accepted Kansas City.

Members don't see this ad :)
1 email to admissions- 4 different thank you letters attachments (4 pdfs). Then it's forwarded by admissions to the interviewers.

This may be a silly question but how do I go about asking the interviewers for their email?

Yea I'm actually having a problem now. I forgot the name of two of my interviewers' names and I cant find them on the faculty list. I hope they know who I interviewed with. Did you guys list the names of your interviewers in the email?

Yea I'm actually having a problem now. I forgot the name of two of my interviewers' names and I cant find them on the faculty list. I hope they know who I interviewed with. Did you guys list the names of your interviewers in the email?

Email and ask admin.

Is this email a soft R?

“Your application to KCU-COM is complete and you are in a qualified status, which means you have met our academic criteria. The first review of your application did not result in an interview invitation. The application cycle continues throughout the year, so your application will be reviewed periodically. You will be notified via email if your status changes.

KCU-COM will receive over 4,000 applications for this upcoming class. Top candidates are selected according to their science GPA, MCAT scores, letters of recommendation, experience in the medical field, and service to the community.

Again, thank you for your interest in Kansas City University - College of Osteopathic Medicine. We extend to you our best wishes in the application process. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at [email protected].”

Is anyone who got accepted having trouble accessing your Workday account? I'm trying the same username/password for the KCU portal and it says it's incorrect. Are they separate accounts?

Is anyone who got accepted having trouble accessing your Workday account? I'm trying the same username/password for the KCU portal and it says it's incorrect. Are they separate accounts?

Experiencing the same problem...

Experiencing the same problem...
Yes I had the same problem and I emailed the admission committee with the same concern. They said they are going to send new link for the first payment. This email was from a system and it was by mistake. So it is not important. We all will get a new email in few days

Does anyone know anything about scholarships? How they are offered? when? who to contact? dm me please.

Does anyone know anything about scholarships? How they are offered? when? who to contact? dm me please.
There's a page on scholarships on the website. They're all GPA/MCAT based from what I remember. I don't have the link now, but I've seen it before.

There's a page on scholarships on the website. They're all GPA/MCAT based from what I remember. I don't have the link now, but I've seen it before.

Yes, I've seen that page. Wondering if there is a point in which they tell us that we received one of them. Does that come after December 14? etc..

Yes, I've seen that page. Wondering if there is a point in which they tell us that we received one of them. Does that come after December 14? etc..
Oh, gotcha. I'm not entirely sure on that. I think I recall reading in past threads that people were just e-mailed the offers around the time of their acceptance if they met the criteria, but don't hold me to that because it has been a while since I think I saw that. I would assume you'd get it if you meet the criteria since the website says they're automatic.

Edit: Actually, re-reading it, it says based on final scores, so they might have to wait for your final transcript for the GPA portions.

Interview invite today! complete 9/14

edit: does anyone know if early January interviewers still have a good chance of being accepted?

II!!! Next available dates were late January. I believe I was complete on 9/17.

II just now. Complete 9/18. Late January interview date

I just got a interview in mid December! A bit worried though...is it late in the cycle? How long does it take them to send post-interview updates?

No II, complete 09/14 :(

I have above average GPA but <500 mcat

Hey peeps I have an II on 10/13. I have a question about the writing activity: is the writing activity done during the interview or is it due after the interview? I am having trouble what this might be since I haven't heard of other schools doing such a thing, just a little nervous. Thanks!

Hey peeps I have an II on 10/13. I have a question about the writing activity: is the writing activity done during the interview or is it due after the interview? I am having trouble what this might be since I haven't heard of other schools doing such a thing, just a little nervous. Thanks!
We can't really talk about specifics because we signed an NDA, but I wouldn't stress about it at all.

It's due during the interview. This link describes the interview day. Virtual Schedule
Good luck on your interview!

Is this email a soft R?

“Your application to KCU-COM is complete and you are in a qualified status, which means you have met our academic criteria. The first review of your application did not result in an interview invitation. The application cycle continues throughout the year, so your application will be reviewed periodically. You will be notified via email if your status changes.

KCU-COM will receive over 4,000 applications for this upcoming class. Top candidates are selected according to their science GPA, MCAT scores, letters of recommendation, experience in the medical field, and service to the community.

Again, thank you for your interest in Kansas City University - College of Osteopathic Medicine. We extend to you our best wishes in the application process. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Admissions Office at [email protected].”
Hey, just wanted to lyk that that's not a rejection. I'd received the same email earlier in August but then they later sent me an II and I just interviewed yesterday so there's still hope!

Hey, just wanted to lyk that that's not a rejection. I'd received the same email earlier in August but then they later sent me an II and I just interviewed yesterday so there's still hope!
Yay thanks for responding! And congrats! Should I send them an update or my interest in the school to better my chances of an II?

I have a <505 MCAT but am really interested in the dual degree programs and global Track they have.

Yay thanks for responding! And congrats! Should I send them an update or my interest in the school to better my chances of an II?

I have a <505 MCAT but am really interested in the dual degree programs and global Track they have.

I have a <505 MCAT and finished a II with them back in October.

They will email about the scholarships after your acceptance. I got my scholarship email the next day after my acceptance in December. They award via MCAT/GPA cut offs, as I was right on the MCAT cutoff and my GPA was slightly higher. If your grades and score clear that threshold and they can confirm it via your transcript, they will notify you.

Interviewed 10/2 and my workday status just changed to admitted!

Reactions: 11 users
Interviewed 10/2 and my workday status just changed to admitted!

Congrats!!

Also reassuring to hear they are chugging along.. interviewed 10/15 so hopefully I hear back in a couple weeks!