You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Kansas
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The wait is brutal for us EDPers. I thought they said we would hear back in a few weeks. Guess not. 🙁Not sure! But finished my interview with KU today! You guys got this
Battlefield534
Full Member
The wait is brutal for us EDPers. I thought they said we would hear back in a few weeks. Guess not. 🙁
No matter what happens. I’m rooting for you future colleague
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Battlefield534
Full Member
Is KU gunna send anything today for us EDPers🙁? .....probably not
Battlefield534
Full Member
Any hope for some news today?🙁
Any hope for some news today?🙁
I’m pulling for you!
Battlefield534
Full Member
Today is the day for us EDPers
So checking the forums from last year, expect an e-mail at 4:10 P.M. We are down to 6 hrs. EEK!!!! I am dying here kids.
Battlefield534
Full Member
I’m putting money on 3:45-4:00 PM
Battlefield534
Full Member
Notification received at 1 pm. I got accepted into KU.
Notification received at 1 pm. I got accepted into KU.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
II just now for 10/15!!! Complete 8/18, IS. Y’all I’m so relieved.
drbudda
Full Member
congratulations!!! Would you mind to tell us (1) how did you practice for the interviewNotification received at 1 pm. I got accepted into KU.
(2) what were asked in your interview (3) how did you approach those
canitakeanapyet
New Member
Received II yesterday as well! IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Battlefield534
Full Member
II just now for 10/15!!! Complete 8/18, IS. Y’all I’m so relieved.
I’m here to support you. I’m gunning on us being friends and classmates next year!
Battlefield534
Full Member
So checking the forums from last year, expect an e-mail at 4:10 P.M. We are down to 6 hrs. EEK!!!! I am dying here kids.
Did you get accepted as well?
I’m here to support you. I’m gunning on us being friends and classmates next year!
Fingers crossed [emoji4]
D
deleted1062113
are the acceptances for early decision?
Yesare the acceptances for early decision?
So anyone else interviewing this week?
drbudda
Full Member
I had last week (Oct 7)So anyone else interviewing this week?
congratulations!!! Would you mind to tell us (1) how did you practice for the interview
(2) what were asked in your interview (3) how did you approach those
How was your interview?
drbudda
Full Member
I think pretty conversationalHow was your interview?
I think pretty conversational
Ok thats great! Did you get any ethics questions?
So anyone else interviewing this week?
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
Good luck!
drbudda
Full Member
Yes I did get one in both interviewsOk thats great! Did you get any ethics questions?
How would you guys address an email to Blair Day? I'm sending a final update before my interview and I know she's the one who will read it, so should I address it to her or to the office of admissions? Dear Blair? idk man so trivial yet so anxiety-producing lol
How would you guys address an email to Blair Day? I'm sending a final update before my interview and I know she's the one who will read it, so should I address it to her or to the office of admissions? Dear Blair? idk man so trivial yet so anxiety-producing lol
Address it to the Office of Admission or to the Admissions Committee — the added formalness is always a safer bet. I would send your update as a PDF letter via email. Most schools will be downloading/attaching the update to your file anyway so ending it as a PDF makes that process easier on their end and ensures that your desired format is preserved for the ultimate reader/decision maker that will review the update.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drbudda
Full Member
I did a file update after my interview. I addressed it to Med admission and in word doc.How would you guys address an email to Blair Day? I'm sending a final update before my interview and I know she's the one who will read it, so should I address it to her or to the office of admissions? Dear Blair? idk man so trivial yet so anxiety-producing lol
Does anyone know if the second closed file interview holds as much weight as the first one with the selection committee member? Felt much more confident coming out of the second interview.
drbudda
Full Member
I believe the first interview is your representative who advocates for you. Not sure how much weightage though!Does anyone know if the second closed file interview holds as much weight as the first one with the selection committee member? Felt much more confident coming out of the second interview.
I believe the first interview is your representative who advocates for you. Not sure how much weightage though!
Indeed. Just hoping the notes from the second interview play a solid role in that advocacy.
sandwichwitch
Full Member
Do you guys know if KU interviews all IS applicants above 3.0 and 500?
drbudda
Full Member
Yes. If you have 500 in MCAT but not sure about GPA. One of friends got in KUSOM in last cycle with 3.7 and 505Do you guys know if KU interviews all IS applicants above 3.0 and 500?
But you know they for sure interview EVERYONE within a certain stat range? I was in the first interview batch last year, but they’ve yet to reach out even though I improved my MCAT. It’s stressing me out so much lol.Yes. If you have 500 in MCAT but not sure about GPA. One of friends got in KUSOM in last cycle with 3.7 and 505
I know a guy that got interviewed last year, and subsequently waitlisted, with a 502
I can also tell you that not every Kansan gets interviewed. Last year, 514 applied, 379 interviewed, and 186 were accepted.
I can also tell you that not every Kansan gets interviewed. Last year, 514 applied, 379 interviewed, and 186 were accepted.
Last edited:
sandwichwitch
Full Member
Does KU tend to also accept lower gpa individuals that have a sharp upward trend?
Does KU tend to also accept lower gpa individuals that have a sharp upward trend?
I think most schools like upward trends. KU’s mean gpa is 3.85, which is 0.12 higher than the National mean, so they definitely like higher gpas.
wannabedoc138
Full Member
I went to an open house a few years ago. I think they said every Kansas resident with a 3.2 and 500 gets an interview. They will take other factors into account if you do not meet those thresholds.
Did any body send a thank you note to the interviewers and received any reply ?
I only remember the name of one of my interviewers from this past Thursday. Will send an email today. I did email Blair requesting the other two names yesterday morning, but haven’t gotten a response yet.
My husband thinks I should send a card to my interviewers with some homemade biscotti on account of me being a pastry chef. I think an email would suffice lol.
drbudda
Full Member
For my batch, if I correctly remember they said not to send any physical card just because of COVID stuff. What I did was writing down every body's name after they introduced themselves. Then I googled for more info.I only remember the name of one of my interviewers from this past Thursday. Will send an email today. I did email Blair requesting the other two names yesterday morning, but haven’t gotten a response yet.
My husband thinks I should send a card to my interviewers with some homemade biscotti on account of me being a pastry chef. I think an email would suffice lol.
You think they look at our social media accounts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
drbudda
Full Member
not sure.You think they look at our social media accounts?
drbudda
Full Member
To get an interview as IS, one needs to have at least MCAT 500. I am not sure about GPA as I never asked that. I had a long conversation after I had a below 500 MCAT score in last application cycle. I was told that for EDP they went down to 505 MCAT in 2019-2020 interview cycle. For reg interview, IS candidates get "automatic interview invitation" if they have 500 and above MCAT and certain GPA.I know a guy that got interviewed last year, and subsequently waitlisted, with a 502
I can also tell you that not every Kansan gets interviewed. Last year, 514 applied, 379 interviewed, and 186 were accepted.
My understanding is that KU takes a holistic approach! It is not just GPA and MCAT that make a candidate to get a seat. I know a guy who had 518 GPA and more than 3.8 GPA but did not get any where, not even not IS school.
This wait to find out if I have to wait some more is brutal lol
drbudda
Full Member
True.This wait to find out if I have to wait some more is brutal lol
doctorbrooke
Full Member
Any brave OOS-ers on this thread that have gotten an II? 🤔